Heavy/Scratch: TheSledgeHammer's Forge - 2018 & Beyond! Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheSledgeHammer, Nov 26, 2018.

?

If I purchase Siege Voyager Megatron and make a torso extender for him, will ya'll buy it?

Poll closed Mar 19, 2019.
  1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. TheSledgeHammer

TheSledgeHammer Voyager Class

Ok everybody, BIG update today! (note: Images have been shrunk more than normal because this post is going to have SEVERAL images)

So first, as promised, the Tron Project. I'll be honest, I'm not 100% happy with how it turned out. So originally, I had designed this project with the Unite Warriors Technobots in mind, and thus with my original plan, I ran into some roadblocks.
    Unite Warriors Lightspeed was able to hold the original style disc perfectly with no issues.
    [​IMG]
    But then...Afterburner, Strafe and Nosecone...had some...problems.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    At the Voyager Size, Scattershot was also able to hold his size class disc perfectly, but then I couldn't get it out of his hand afterwards. It took several minutes using tools to finally remove the now damaged disc from his hand, and after that ordeal, I decided to alter the project. I had always had these prepared as back-ups, but now they are the project. Discs are roughly the same size, and they exist in 3 versions. Legends Scale, Deluxe Scale, and Voyager/Leader Scale.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Given that these are crossover items related to a separate brand, I've decided to not sell these items through shapeways, however I am offering to download them for free on Thingiverse. So here are the links for that:
    5mm Tron ID Discs - Legends Class Transformers Scaled by TheSledgeHammer - legends scale
    5mm Tron ID Discs - Deluxe Class Transformers Scaled by TheSledgeHammer - deluxe scale
    5mm Tron ID Discs - Voyager-Leader Class Transformers Scaled by TheSledgeHammer - voyager/leader scale
    In conclusion, here is the project outline I had come up with for this set.
    Transformers & Tron Crossover Project
    Featured Characters:
    Autobots
    : Optimus Prime, Brainstorm, Scattershot, Afterburner, Lightspeed, Nosecone, Strafe
    Decepticons: Shockwave, Starscream, Onslaught, Brawl, Blast Off, Swindle, Vortex
    Basic Plot: During one of his many experiments, Decepticon Mad Scientist Shockwave would stumble across The Grid. Taking notice of CLU’s domination over the grid, Shockwave would send Starscream and the Combaticons in to “aid” CLU and see if The Grid would be useful in taking over for the Decepticon cause. Teletraan 1 would later notice the Combaticons’ activities on The Grid, and alert Optimus Prime to their presence. Optimus would then recruit Brainstorm to see if he could copy the technology Shockwave used to send the Decepticons to The Grid, which he is able to successfully do, so Optimus Prime grabs the Technobots and transports himself and the Technobots to The Grid to team up with Tron and/or The Renegade (Beck) to defeat the Combaticons.
    Notes: Once on The Grid, both teams would take on the traditional Tron color schemes, Optimus Prime and the Technobots the Black with Blue highlights seen on good Tron Characters, while Starscream and the Combaticons would feature the Black with Orange/Red highlights seen on CLU’s followers.

Potential Tie-in toys:
    Optimus Prime vs Starscream 2 pack

Repaint of the Titans Return Voyager Class Optimus Prime and the never released in the US Starscream tooling of Combiner Wars Skydive - both would be in Tron colors, or a repaint of POTP Voyager Starscream in Tron Colors. Along with the traditional accessories included with both figures, each figure would also receive a Tron ID disc.
    Shockwave vs Brainstorm 2 pack
    Repaint of Titans Return Voyager Class Blitzwing with new Shockwave Titan Master and a repaint of Titans Return Deluxe Class Brainstorm in Tron Colors, or a Repaint of Thrilling 30 Voyager Class Brainstorm in Tron Colors. Along with the traditional accessories included with both figures, each figure would also receive a Tron ID disc.
    CompuTRON box-set
    Repaint of the Unite Warriors Technobots with the Tron Colors, and instead of the Autobot Logo in the center of Computron’s chest, a signature Tron “T” made of the light cubes. Along with the traditional accessories included with all of the figures, each figure would also receive a Tron ID disc.
    The CombatiTRONs box-set
    Repaint of the Unite Warriors Combaticons with Tron colors. Along with the traditional accessories included with all of the figures, each figure would also receive a Tron ID disc.
    and a final image I whipped up really quick in GIMP, of what CompuTRON would possibly look like:[​IMG]

Now back on the Transformers side of things, A new item for Siege Hound that comes in 2 different versions. I got Siege Hound last Wednesday, and I thought he was pretty neat. However, I hated his backpack. This thing. [​IMG]
    So I decided to get rid of it, and now without it, plus my upgrades, Hound is now looking much more G1.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This kit comes in 2 versions, 1 in G1 cartoon style, the other in G1 toy style. They both contain the same parts; a backpack filler, a replacement windshield, and a barrel plug for Hound's default included shoulder accessory that features a 3mm peg for use with Siege effect parts. However the G1 Toon style kit includes a small blaster based on the one he had in the G1 cartoon, while the G1 toy version includes a larger blaster that is based on the one included with Hound's original G1 toy.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The new replacement windshield folds down nicely onto his back so it's out of the way, and the backpack filler features a 5mm port to replace the ones lost from removing the original backpack piece. On a side note, Siege Hound's original clear windshield isn't glued into the black section, so if you wanted to, you could just use it by itself instead of using this 3D printed one.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    and he is still completely Weaponizer compatible - so Cog - suit up!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Both of these kits are available now here:
    G1 Cartoon Version: TF WFC Siege - Hound G1 Cartoon Kit by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]
    G1 Toy Version: TF WFC Siege - Hound G1 Toy Kit by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

And now for our last piece of business for the day:
    I activate my Spell Card! Polymerization!!!
    [​IMG]
    I fuse my Animated Magnus Hammer with my TFP Forge of Solus Prime!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    FUSION SUMMON!!!
    [​IMG]
    THE SIEGE MAGNUS HAMMER!!!

All jokes aside, that picture above is the prototype. THE FINAL VERSION WILL BE BIGGER. Also in that print the handle got all jacked up, which is why a figure is not holding it. My Siege Ultra Magnus is on the way, thus I decided to share my prototype. Also the other reason I'm sharing, is I have a request. I'd like all of you board members to help me choose a color scheme for this item. I came up with this, but I'm not completely satisfied with it.
    [​IMG]
    So I'd like to ask you guys and gals, if you have the time and if you want to do so, please download the image at the bottom of this post, and help me come up with a "Default" color scheme for this model, then PM me your color schemes, and I'll post the one I like the best as the "default" with the final release of the Hammer, with a credit in the post to the creator of the chosen color scheme. Naturally, IF YOU ORDER THE FINAL VERSION OF THIS MODEL, YOU CAN PAINT IT HOWEVER YOU WANT.
    In a final note, the finished Hammer will be a minor assembly required kit, much like the above Hound kits, as Magnus is also going to need some new forearm armor pieces so he can actually use this hammer. I might also offer this hammer with a really short handle as a 1-handed version alongside the full 2-handed version.
    So here is the template image:
    [​IMG]
    and with that, I hope everyone enjoyed today's update, and I look forward to seeing your color schemes for my Siege Magnus Hammer!

• Like Like x 7
  2. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    @TheSledgeHammer
    That's clever work with Hound's windshield!
    Sorry your original Tron design didn't work out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheSledgeHammer

I've been silent for a little while but that was because I've been hard at work!

So here's my latest item, created at the request of @DualDiac84 , a version of Sideswipe's shoulder cannon that pivots!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Lowest point:
    [​IMG]
    Highest point:
    [​IMG]
    and while the previous version (both the one in the individual release with the blaster & the one in the Sideswipe kit) was accidentally compatible with siege effect parts, this time it's on purpose!
    [​IMG]
    This item is now available here:
    TF WFC Siege - Sideswipe adjustable Shoulder Launc by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    (also apparently Shapeways now has a character limit on names >_>)
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, and while I wanted to include the following items as well in this post- their paint is still drying in a couple of spots - so for the moment all I can say is... SOON. @Roconius p
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  4. DualDiac84

DualDiac84 Clearing out, Buy my stuff!!

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Wow! Thanks and really good job! hope I didn't cause too much trouble! :lol 

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  5. TheSledgeHammer

None what-so-ever! Glad you like it!

• Like Like x 1
  6. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

I’m definitely going to have to get the rocket with the swivel at some point.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheSledgeHammer

What's this? 2 posts in 2 days?!?!?! (Lots of images for this post as well so smaller images than normal!)
    First up, on the thingiverse side of things, I have another crossover item to share!
    Straight out of the the awesome video game, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, I present, the Darknut Sword!
    [​IMG]
    This sword is a bit big for Sideswipe, however it is a very nice fit for Voyager Class and Leader Class figures. That being said, a couple of more photos:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This item is available now over on thingiverse, and I must give credit to Thingiverse designer StoneColdLoki, who provided the base model of the sword that I was then able to modify for Transformer figures, or just other figures with 5mm posts. So give his items over on Thingiverse a look too if you're interested!
    The Darknut Sword for 5mm Hands:
    Zelda Twilight Princess Darknut Sword for 5mm Hands by TheSledgeHammer
    [​IMG]

Now with that out of the way, It's time for the main event - MARCH MAGNUS!!!
    so first things first, and the item I'm the most proud of, my interpretation of the Magnus Hammer, for Leader Class War for Cybertron: Siege - Ultra Magnus.
    [​IMG]
    I didn't receive any color scheme ideas from other board members, so I brainstormed with my younger brother and my mother (who both really like to draw/paint), and together the three of us came up with this:
    [​IMG]
    and with that - I now present, the final results:
    [​IMG]
    stores on his back perfectly:
    [​IMG]
    and also on top in vehicle form with plenty of room for his stock blaster as well:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    But now there is a second part of this hammer kit, replacement forearm armor parts. THESE WERE A PAIN TO DESIGN/RECREATE.
    [​IMG]
    it took me several days and a total of four test prints to finally mimic the original parts as closely as I possibly could. But all in all, I think I did a pretty good job.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    they store in the same place as the originals for vehicle mode as well with no issues.
    [​IMG]
    Ultra Magnus is ready to hammer some Decepticons into the ground!
    [​IMG]

Flywheels: Heh. You don't look so big and tough to me.
    [​IMG]
    *Super Mario Bros Magic Mushroom Sound*
    [​IMG]
    Ultra Magnus: You were saying?
    Flywheels: Uhhh....
    [​IMG]
    Flywheels: I can't deal with this right now!!!! *fleeing noises*

That's right folks! We have 1 more item to demonstrate today, made at the request of @Roconius p , I present the WFC: Siege Ultra Magnus Thigh Extenders!
    [​IMG]
    These thigh extenders increase Ultra Magnus' height to make him closer in size to Leader Class figures of the past, and the height increase is about 15mm. Roconius had asked for 1/2 of an inch, which is just a bit shorter than 13mm, however that was too short to allow the joint connections to work, so I had to go slightly taller, but I did my best to keep things as close to their request as possible.
    [​IMG]
    Magnus standing next to POTP Leader Class Nemesis Prime for scale:
    [​IMG]
    as for vehicle mode, his hands do remain hidden in the car carrier section, and these extensions also actually make the hammer look nicer too when it sits on top of his vehicle form!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Bonus picture of how the extenders look when used with just the white cab section of Ultra Magnus:
    [​IMG]
    BuT TheSledgeHammer, hOw DOeS hE sCAlE wiTH METROPLEX!?!?!?
    [​IMG]
    Like that. He scales like that.

And that's all for today, a new crossover item, and 3 brand new parts for Siege Ultra Magnus.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

These items are now available here!:
    The Magnus Hammer + Forearm armor parts:
    TF WFC Siege - The Magnus Hammer by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]
    Thigh Extenders:
    TF WFC Siege - Ultra Magnus Thigh Extenders by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

Note: You will still need the stock inner forearm parts and the long metal pins from the original forearm armor parts for the new ones included with the Magnus Hammer. When you go to insert the metal pin into the new parts, if you find the fit is a bit tight, manually (with your hands - not a drill!) use a small drill bit to slowly slightly widen the 2mm pin holes, and test fit repeatedly until you get a nice easy but snug fit on the pin!

Now one final point, I'm not happy with Shapeways' $72 dollar price on my hammer. But, alas, I have no control over that minus the small part of that price that is my commission. Just for the record I only make between $1-$2 dollars on each of my sold models, regardless of the price set by Shapeways. I'm very proud of this model and I want it to be as widely available as possible to as many of my fellow board members and Shapeways buyers as possible, thus, I've decided to upload this model onto thingiverse as well, so those of you that have your own printers or easy access to a local one can print it yourself without going through Shapeways. For this reason I ask;
    - Please do not reupload this design and try to claim it as your own, and especially do not attempt to re-sell it on Shapeways.
    - If you make any modifications to the base design, and wish to upload those modifications, please contact me first and let me see what you changed. So long as I feel it is different enough from my base design, I'm not going to ask for for split commission or anything, but a credit in your modified version's description would be nice.

Thingiverse Link:
    Magnus Hammer: TF Generations - WFC: Siege - The Magnus Hammer by TheSledgeHammer

In conclusion, I did also mention I might design a 1 handed version of the hammer that requires no additional modding to Magnus - well here it is.
    [​IMG]
    I made some slight changes to its design so it further differs from the upcoming Battle Master Smashdown, but in principle it is the same hammer as the bigger one seen in the above photos. I have also put this version up on both Shapeways and Thingiverse, and naturally same above rules apply.
    Shapeways: TF WFC Siege - 1-handed Magnus Hammer by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    Thingiverse: TF Generations WFC - Siege 1 handed Magnus Hammer by TheSledgeHammer

These items have been both my proudest work to date, and some of my most frustrating items to design at the same time. I couldn't be happier with how they turned out, so I hope you guys like them as well. Until next time, Happy MARCH MAGNUS fellow Transformers fans!!!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Roconius p

Roconius p Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    bought instantly thanks bro!!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roconius p

Ebay:
    how about some shoulder extensions for potp predaking

10. TheSledgeHammer

Extended vertically or horizontally?
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  11. Roconius p

Ebay:
    horizontally and vertically they need to be wider i have titan devy with the dna upgrade and the jj-jet commander set and their shoulders are atleast a 1/4" wider and raise them about the same amount, also if possible can you make the spacers so that they extend to his waist to bulk up the mid section

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
  12. TheSledgeHammer

Got it. I'll see what I can do. I've got a family event going on all this week, and some of the family will be staying for next week too, so it will be a bit before I can get started, and also Predaking is a big boy - so just a heads up this might take some time.

Also, I've been getting a lot of requests to make a Torso extender for the Siege Megatron mold. Now I'll be honest, I had no plans to purchase the Siege Megatron, as I am perfectly happy with Combiner Wars Leader Megatron as my Generations Megatron despite some nitpicks I have with that figure. However, If enough of ya'll will commit to buying it, I'll take the leap and purchase myself Siege Megatron and make the part. I'm opening a poll about this matter, so basically I'm putting this decision in ya'lls hands. Is there enough demand? Even if there end up being more No votes, if I get at least 10 yes votes, I'll buy the figure and make the part. Thanks everyone!

13. TheSledgeHammer

Good day all, Once again I've got several items to show off, so smaller pictures, however after this post I'm going to try and go back to keeping it to 1-2 items max per post. So with that, today we have:

In the crossovers section, on Thingiverse only, the famous Master Sword from the Legend of Zelda games, scaled down for 5mm hands. This version of the sword is not based on any one particular design from any one Zelda game, however it draws the most inspiration from the Twilight Princess version of the sword. Included with the legendary blade is a display pedestal featuring Triforce decals, and the Master Sword's signature sheath. The sheath was shrunken down from an original model made by Thingiverse designer "ChaosCoreTech" (Link to that on the Thingiverse page), and I also added a 5mm peg to one side so it could attach to the back of a figure.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    So fans of Transformers and Zelda - download this here!:The Legend of Zelda - The Master Sword & Accessories for 5mm Hands by TheSledgeHammer

So now back on the pure Transformers side of things!
    First up, a set of Pile Drivers and "Backpack Blasters" for the Titans Return Rumble/Frenzy mold. The pile drivers simply rest over Rumble/Frenzy's arms, and they can actually "pile drive".
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The "Backpack Blasters" attach to the figure's back via a special backpack piece, featuring two 5mm peg holes. Due to the design of Rumble/Frenzy's arms/hands, they can't actually wield the blasters, however another figure with flat arms and 5mm peg hands could. The original blaster included with this mold can also peg into the 5mm pegs on the backpack piece as well. Lastly, with the backpack piece pegged in, Rumble/Frenzy CANNOT TRANSFORM.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This item is now available here!: Titans Return Rumble/Frenzy Kit by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    and here - due to its high Shapeways price: Titans Return Rumble/Frenzy Kit by TheSledgeHammer
    [​IMG]

next up, made at the request of @Roconius p , Arm Extensions for Power of the Primes Titan Class Predaking!
    [​IMG]
    These extend his arms out by about 10mm both horizontally and vertically, and overall help fix his proportions, especially if you like to fully extend the legs of Rampage and Divebomb for increased articulation, like I myself prefer to do. I also tried to include 5mm pegs on the back of these extensions, however there just wasn't enough space for them.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Good news though, purchase/download & self-print these in black, and you don't have to paint anything! These extenders are now available here!:
    Shapeways (expensive price): POTP Predaking Extenders by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    Thingiverse: POTP Predaking Arm Extensions by TheSledgeHammer
    [​IMG]
    Note for @Roconius p - I was going to originally have them extend lower on his torso like you suggested, but these are already pretty big as they are, and they took 6 1/2 hours to print as is, so I left them the way they are now. Plus if you look at the Shapeways listing, at this size they already cost $75 in the cheapest material :/

That's it for the retro corner, so now onto the siege!
    First up, I teased this item back when I posted my Magnus Hammer, and now here it is! An axe weapon for the White Prime section of Leader Class Ultra Magnus! I made this primarily for those of you planning to use this figure as your Siege Optimus Prime, however while I have no plans myself to purchase the new Siege Voyager Optimus Prime, this model could/should work with it as well.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    As this is a Siege Weapon, an effect part is included, as well as additional parts so other figures can wield this axe like a more traditional 2 handed battle axe. The axe handle base is also 5mm, so a figure of your choice could wield it normally as well. This axe is also compatible with Siege Lionizer's effect part, due to sharing the same peg set-up.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This item is now available here: Transformers WFC Siege Axe by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways

Up next, also for Ultra Magnus, (and the last item I'm designing for Magnus for awhile), made at the request of Shapeways user "stprime", a set of extra detailing for Magnus' thighs and vehicle form. These parts fit into the "breather holes" of both the original thighs and my previous thigh extender items and provide his robot mode thighs with his original G1 toy detailing. In vehicle form, they also provide new detailing in the form of 2 additional 5mm pegs, gas tanks, and small ladders.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    This item comes in 3 versions, the version seen above, which still allows for full transformation:
    TF WFC Siege - Ultra Magnus G1 Thigh Accessories by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]
    A second version that covers his whole thigh, but with this version Ultra Magnus CANNOT TRANSFORM.
    TF WFC Siege Magnus Thigh Accessories No Transform by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]
    and a third version which is only the side panels, for those who don't want the G1 detailing:
    TF WFC Siege - Ultra Magnus Thigh Stabilizers by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

and in conclusion, I've got 2 remake weapons. Originally part of my Combiner Wars Datsun Trio set, just like I did for Sideswipe, I have upgraded my weapon sets for Prowl/Bluestreak and Smokescreen. The Guns are completely identical to the Combiner Wars ones, except they've been tweaked to feature 3mm pegs at the barrel tips for Siege effect parts compatibility. The shoulder accessories have also been tweaked, in the case of the ones for Prowl/Bluestreak, they now also have 3mm pegs inside, again for effect parts, and in the case of Smokescreen, nothing has changed, other than the fact that both sets now feature the same attachment peg used for Siege Sideswipe's shoulder cannon, so technically if you wanted these items would now be compatible with Siege Sideswipe as well.
    These re-vamped items are now available here:
    Prowl/Bluestreak: TF WFC Siege - Prowl/Bluestreak Weapons by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]
    Smokescreen (and I guess Siege Barricade now too): https://www.shapeways.com/product/PKD25QCAU/tf-wfc-siege-smokescreen-weapons
    [​IMG]

That's all for today. Sadly my poll about Siege Megatron only got 2 votes in total, so I will not be purchasing that figure and making a torso extender for it. For the 2 of you that did vote however, thanks for participating! I've got more stuff in the works however, so look forward to that everyone!

• Like Like x 7
  14. Thinktank

Thinktank Well-Known Member

//Tips hat.

Sir, I am quite impressed with all of it.

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheSledgeHammer

Thank you for the kind words good sir!

16. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    Those thigh accessories for Magnus look pretty cool, but I was wondering if the transformable one either doesn’t have to be removed for transformation, or if it has somewhere that it can fit on the vehicle mode.

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheSledgeHammer

I can answer that - the version that transforms, does not have to be removed. You just attach them to the thighs & the thigh extenders I previously made, and then they can just stay on. No removal needed. The non-transforming ones, however, do need to be removed for vehicle mode. Hence, non-transforming.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Chareos

News Credits:
    Hi @TheSledgeHammer : are there any clearance issues between the cannon and the head in any up/down configuration of the cannon?

19. TheSledgeHammer

None whatsover! The cannon is just the perfect size where you can still rotate his head 360 degrees, with both the adjustable one or even the static one I originally released. Neither cannon hinders posability in any way.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chareos

News Credits:
    Thanks for the response! I'll be picking up this cannon in my next SW order!

• Like Like x 1