Heavy/Scratch: TheSledgeHammer's Forge - 2018 & Beyond! Shapeways Thread

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by TheSledgeHammer, Nov 26, 2018.

1. TheSledgeHammer

TheSledgeHammer Voyager Class

So I've had a Shapeways Thread over in 3D Art for a while now (for a link to that see further down this post) but many of the other Shapeways designers have their threads located here, so I figured it was time for a move. Thus, I present my latest item, A set of "Shoulder Launchers" for the Titans Return Ravage mold!
    [​IMG]
    These simply slide over the "wings" and make Ravage look much more Ravage-y instead of Steeljaw/Stripes painted like Ravage as the stock figure does. They can also be slid over the wings in the "jet" mode, but these are really meant for bot mode only.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Titans Return Ravage G1 Weapons by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    That's all that is new for today, but here is a link to my old thread for those that want to see other items I've created to date, and some in-hand pictures as well of those items, including some neat additions for Power of the Primes Wreck-Gar, a large sword for POTP Predaking, and some other great items for Combiner Wars and Titans Return figures.
    3D Artwork: - TheSledgeHammer's 2017+ Shapeways Thread
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I have another project I'm tinkering with right now, and its a bit niche and out of left field, but hopefully I'll be able to share it soon! here's a hint:
    [​IMG] Shapeways Stuff (800x291).jpg

• Like Like x 9
  2. TheSledgeHammer

So it's been a few weeks, and I'm still working on the teased project from my last post, but I have a new item to share, and some other new items coming soon!

so the new item I have to share today is a reworking of my old set of Sideswipe weapons, originally designed for the Combiner Wars Breakdown mold, but they have now been modified to work with the new Siege Sideswipe!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    The new peg for the Shoulder Cannon sits at a slight angle for a more "natural" resting position, and Sideswipe's hand-held blaster now also features 4 new 5mm ports, so you can attach other 5mm compatible weapons to it for all sorts of crazy combinations.
    [​IMG]
    The weapons can also store in vehicle mode! (the front most "square" holes on the back of Sideswipe's "legs" are conveniently slightly bigger than 5mm so weapons fit nicely in there albeit somewhat loosely)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This item is now available here:
    TF WFC Siege Sideswipe Weapons by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

That's it for Sideswipe, but I've also designed 3 other "generic" weapons that still need to be test printed before I put them up for sale - so expect these soon. Each of these generic weapons includes an effect part to coincide with the Siege line's overall theme. These new weapons are a hammer, a shield and a rotary blaster that can be held like a traditional blaster, or held under-slung like a mini-gun would be. The shield also includes an additional handle piece to allow for more holding options, and it has a 5mm port on one end so another weapon or accessory could be attached to it.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

last but not least, I've also designed a blaster for the Siege Voyager/Leader Class Shockwave (however you chose to see it) based on his classic alt-mode but featuring a 5mm peg handle in place of his traditional legs handle. This item also includes an effect part just like my above "generic" weapons.
    [​IMG]

Test-printing these 4 designs ASAP, so will post the finished versions as soon as I can! Hope ya'll enjoy, and let the Siege begin!

• Like Like x 10
  3. Omegaonline

Omegaonline Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    Tron? I’m curious.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheSledgeHammer

Maybe :p  [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Hooper_X

Hooper_X hi haters

Just in case you ever want to repaint Windblade into Xena, Warrior Princess!

6. TheSledgeHammer

Yeah, these could technically work for her weapons too.

also a note to all: My personal 3D printer is having some issues so it's going to take a bit longer before I can post images of my previously advertised "generic" wfc siege weapons, however before said issues began occuring I did get a good print of my Shockwave blaster for Leader/Voyager Shockwave - and am in the process of painting that - so that item should be available soon!

7. TheSledgeHammer

Today's update: The Shockwave Shockblaster!
    [​IMG]
    This is a small replica of Shockwave's classic G1 laser blaster alternate mode but with a 5mm peg handle, so Mr. Logical himself or other figures that have 5mm ports can wield it.
    Fully compatible with the official siege effect parts:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    OR just use the included one!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    the included effect part also works just fine with the 3mm posts on other figures from the Siege line:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    this item is now avalible here:
    Transformers WFC Siege Shockblaster by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

That's all for this update - but more is on the way!

• Like Like x 8
  8. Chareos

Chareos The last in line

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheSledgeHammer

Today! TheSledgeHammer releases - a hammer ._.

The first in my new siege line of generic weapons not designed for one specific figure/mold, first up is a nice Battle Hammer.
    [​IMG]
    It features a secondary port near the top of the handle to allow for more convenient vehicle mode storage or for better storing on the robot mode backs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Just like the Shockwave Blaster, this item includes an effect part, in this instance it is meant to resemble the hammer impacting against an object of your choosing. (in this instance, Sideswipe)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the effect part has a 3mm port on the front, for further siege compatibility, and then the port on top, which is how it attaches to the hammer, is also 3mm.
    This item is now available here on Shapeways:
    Transformers WFC Siege Battle Hammer by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

That's all for now - until next time!

• Like Like x 5
  10. Chareos

Chareos The last in line

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheSledgeHammer

So far not much new to tell, but, I think its time I share the outline/inspiration for said project. So I was just messing around with Unite Warriors Computron one day, and then I just started thinking - Computron...Computron...CompuTRON! So then I modeled out some Tron discs and threw some 5mm pegs onto them. So I made them in a bunch of different sizes, and to my surprise A LOT of the deluxe class figures have very similarly sized hands. fitting into a roughly 15mm by 15mm square. Same goes for a lot of voyager class figures and even the legends class molds. But then I attempted to have Combiner Wars Deluxe Groove hold the "Deluxe Sized" Disc, and boy does the Groove mold have some BIG hands for a deluxe. And now the new siege figures, Cog in particular, throw more of wrench into this project, as the bottoms of Cog's hands actually aren't 5mm. At least on my particular Cog. The bottom of my Cog's hands are like 4.5mm and I think its weird. So currently I'm doing some adjustments to the base files currently as my goal is to get as good of a "generic" size for each size class as possible, then I'm going to put them on Shapeways in sets of 4. So might be a bit before I get something I'm happy with for this project. I appreciate your interest though!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chareos

Chareos The last in line

Sounds great! I loves me some Tron. Do you think the discs would be able to be used by MP figures (car bot sized) with folding type hands?

13. TheSledgeHammer

Maybe? The Car-bot MPs are roughly voyager sized, so with the different hand type - they would MAYBE be able to hold the Leader sized disc, sadly I wouldn't be able to easily test this myself, as the only MP car-bot I own is the hasbro release of Prowl, and I only got him to have another MP to go opposite my MP Soundwave. And I don't know about all releases of the mold, but my MP Prowl can barely hold onto his own weapon :/

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chareos

Chareos The last in line

Cool. Looking forward to more of your updates!

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheSledgeHammer

'Tis a double feature today!
    First up, we have the TF - WFC: Siege Rotary Blaster!
    [​IMG]
    the barrels attach to the main cannon body via 5mm peg, so it can be swapped to either side of the body to be held like a traditional blaster, OR held under-slung more like a traditional mini-gun!
    [​IMG]
    Just like my generic hammer, an effect part is also included, this one resembles blaster fire from all six barrels.
    [​IMG]
    Plus, bonus back-mounted picture:
    [​IMG]
    I had originally designed this model to have 8 barrels, but in test prints the barrels were too fragile, and would crack/break just from the smallest amount of pressure, so I had to drop 2 barrels and enlarge the remaining 6 by 1mm each (so all barrels are 4mm) for them to be be sturdy enough to handle. Its a shame cause I had originally wanted all the barrels to be 3mm so you could potentially attach 8 of the effect part that came with firedrive for a really cool look, but it was not meant to be.
    This item is now available here!:
    Transformers WFC Siege Rotary Blaster by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

and for the second item, we have the WFC: Siege Shield!
    [​IMG]
    The shield is the perfect size for a Legends Class figure from previous lines, and also makes a decent small shield for Deluxe Class figures too. An extra handle is included so the shield can be hand-held, or using the 5mm peg on the back it can be directly mounted onto a 5mm arm port.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The shield has a 5mm port on top as well, so you could mount a small blaster on top, or any other 5mm weapon of your choosing. The front of the shield also features a total of five 3mm pegs so go crazy with the effects parts! Including the included one that resembles a small explosion!!! (the orange one in the center)
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Poor Sideswipe...(He'll be fine)
    [​IMG]
    This item is now available here!:
    Transformers_WFC_Siege_Shield by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

That's all for now, though I might make a bigger shield at some point better suited for Voyagers/Leaders. Until then, stay tuned for more!

• Like Like x 4
  16. TheSledgeHammer

Good day all, I have 2, technically 3, new items to share with everyone today!

First up, for those of you that played the game, Transformers: Devastation, I have designed a pair of swords for Siege Sideswipe based on the design of his default swords from that game!
    [​IMG]
    The swords have two additional shorter 5mm pegs near the hilts of the blades (the tips of the handles) to allow for more convenient vehicle mode storage, and to allow them to be used in a manner similar to Sideswipe's Live Action films counterpart.
    :bay 
    [​IMG]
    This is a siege item, so naturally effect parts are included!
    [​IMG]
    They are also Siege Lionizer compatible and approved!
    [​IMG]

These swords are my second set of items designed for Siege Sideswipe, and they are available now here:
    Transformers WFC Siege Sideswipe Swords by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    (The 2 swords come sprued together so the item is a little bit cheaper)
    [​IMG]

So after developing these swords, I realized Sideswipe is going to have a lot of spare parts now. Thus I came up with a way to store everything. I present, the Siege Sideswipe Jetpack!
    [​IMG]
    Based on the Jetpack Sideswipe briefly used in the G1 cartoon, this jetpack features a total of four 5mm ports, one on top, one on each side, and one on the back for storing 5mm weapons however you choose. It also features two 3mm/2mm/3mm peg sets, for storing Siege effect parts in the "Lionizer" configuration, and 2 additional 3mm pegs on bottom for storing other Siege effect parts. Lastly, the "jets" on the bottom also feature 3mm pegs in their center, to allow for flying effects - the 2 effect parts that come with Siege Firedrive work particularly well for this. So slap a flight stand on Sideswipe and go nuts!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    This jetpack also gives more storage options for vehicle mode as well.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

This item is now available here:
    TF WFC Siege - Sideswipe Jetpack by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]

Today's third item isn't really something new, but I decided to combine the above two items with my original item for Sideswipe, his 2 blasters, as a single sprued kit. This Sideswipe kit is also now available here: TF WFC Siege - Sideswipe Kit by TheSledgeHammer on Shapeways
    [​IMG]
    If you've already purchased my Sideswipe guns, I actually recommend just buying the kit to get the other 2 items, as to purchase all 3 seperately will cost around $42, where as the kit's base price in White Natural Versatile Plastic is $31.49, so you essentially would just be getting another pair of blasters for free. I decided to offer these other 2 sideswipe items both seperately and together in the kit, as I wanted to give everybody the options to pick whatever suits them best.

That's all for now, however, The next items I upload will be my Tron Project. Not going to give a date for that yet, but I'm still working out the kinks. Till then, Enjoy!

NOTE: General Reminder - Shapeways' Grandfathered prices are set to end on February 4th, 2019. So if any of ya'll have items on your wishlists, be they my products or any other designers, I'd advise purchasing the ones you REALLY REALLY WANT or REALLY NEED before Monday the 4th, because after that it is highly likely those items will become much more expensive.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  17. Chareos

Chareos The last in line

@TheSledgeHammer great work! Looking forward to seeing your Tron update. Also thanks for the heads-up on the Shapeways pricing change!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roconius p

Roconius p Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    can you make 1/2" leg extenders for seige ultra magnus

19. TheSledgeHammer

Maybe. I need to get siege Ultra Magnus first though. Having a bit of trouble tracking one down for myself at the moment, and at BBTS his pre-order is out of stock and its release date has been delayed twice already from the end of December to the end of this month currently. I plan to make a hammer for him too - both because I want to, and because someone over on Shapeways asked me to do so. Currently though I'm trying to get my TRON project in a releasable state, and I'm also wrapping up some designs for Siege Deluxe Hound I've done, since I managed to purchase him a few days ago.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Roconius p

Roconius p Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    thats great news thanks

• Like Like x 1