There's one thing I don't get

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Autobots14, Jul 6, 2014.

1. Autobots14

Autobots14 I'm pregant Trevor

Attinger hates the Transformers and doesn't trust them but yet he still trusts Lockdown and he's a Transformer I just wish that they explained why he trusts Lockdown but not the others, or is it because he wants the Seed from Lockdown or what?

2. MasterZero

MasterZero Taking a Break

The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Lockdown helps Attinger, Attinger helps him. They both get something they want, and in the end, Lockdown leaves and never comes back.

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'

And the seed will make him a millionaire.

4. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Lockdown is going to make Attinger rich, also. The part I am really interested in is how this Alliance started. That's what I want to see.

5. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

He hates all things Cybertronian, BUT, Attinger is also greedy. He loves money and power as much as he hates Transformers. Lockdown has something he and Joyce want, and Attinger also has a way to use Lockdown. He makes a deal with Lockdown (shades of Dylan from DOTM). Lockdown gets Optimus for a price, he helps them hunt down other Transformers and gives them a seed. Greed and Power=Major Human Douchebag Badguy.

6. Kraken

News Credits:
    Presumably Lockdown came to Earth looking for Prime, came across an Autobot or Decepticon and observed Cemetary Wind take them down and approached them to make a deal.

'You're doing what with them after you kill them? Melting them down to harvest their, what do you call it? Transformium? How quaint. Help me find Prime and I'll give you this seed and you'll get all of it that you need. Do what you like with the others, but Optimus Prime is mine.'

Last edited: Jul 6, 2014
  7. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

This and also Lockdown is a means to an end- if Lockdown helps to hunt the remaining Autobots/Decepticons the Cemetery Wind can be a lot more effective as they are not only able to deploy any weaponry made by NEST/Sector 7 but they would also have access to an information source that could provide them with an effective strategy at hunting down Transformers, also Lockdown is an effective combatant so the fights against Transformers become a lot easier due to the humans being able to deploy their own Transformer against them.

8. Rusty24

Rusty24 Well-Known Member

Attinger doesn't want Transformers on Earth. The Autobots call Earth their home while Lockdown only wants his bounty so he can leave.

9. ironguymanpie

ironguymanpie Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Attinger was a guy who was evil but didn't realize he was evil. His main goal was not to make USA safe, his main goal was to be a billionaire. Think about it, even if the guy was paranoid, do you think a government official would deliberately kill giant robots who devoted their lives to protecting his country without there being a selfish motive? If the safety of america was attingers greatest concern he would have put the autobots on the front lines again

10. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont think lockdown is cybertronian
    and if lockdown is not cybertronian, attinger does not hate him

11. moylan55

moylan55 Well-Known Member

How did he know to come here though? that's what I keep trying to figure out. And yeah how do they meet each other and how does Attinger get an alien cell phone?

12. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    If Lockdown tries to walk up to Cemetery Wind, I just see them lighting up Lockdown immediately. If someone put some thought into this it could make for a thrilling prequel novel. I'd totally get it.

13. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus sent a message through the galaxy telling everyone where he was.

*Lockdown lands in front of Attinger*

"Hi, I'm Lockdown. Here, take this alien cell phone in case you need to call me."

14. agent j 15

agent j 15 My Girlfriend's Husband Fights For Your Freedom

We trusted Osama Bin Laden and the Mujahideen in the 80's to fight the Soviets, people aren't exactly the best judges of character. Here's what I really don't get...

KSI is after Transformium (stupidest fucking name ever btw), which they need the Seed to mass-produce...

Yet Lockdown has those grenades that act EXACTLY like smaller versions of the Seed. He used them to kill Lucas in a scene that made a little girl in my theater cry (I laughed, but not at her, I swear).

And this isn't a limited supply thing-if he's willing to waste them on some fleshies AND he had them on his person while fighting Optimus, he's clearly either got a lot of them, or he's mass producing these bitches.

If Cemetery Wind is working with KSI, why don't they just tell them "Hey! Our homie Lockdown has a bunch of that shit you're looking for!" and get shit done quicker? I mean yeah, the Seed would be nice, but assuming Lockdown has a lot of these grenades or he's manufacturing them, he can basically make as much Transformium shit as KSI wants.

15. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    If Bin Laden was a giant transforming alien from a race of aliens that nearly destroyed the 3rd largest city in the country, I am pretty there would be a lot of people who didn't trust him.

16. Kraken

News Credits:
    'With the Allspark gone, we cannot return life to our planet. But fate has yielded its own reward: a new world to call home. We live among its people now, hiding in plain sight, but watching over them in secret, waiting...protecting. I have witnessed their capacity for courage, and though we are worlds apart, like us, there's more to them than meets the eye. I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to any surviving Autobots taking refuge among the stars: We are here. We are waiting.'

17. RogueRunner

RogueRunner Phase-Sixer

This seems plausible. The initial meeting between the two would make for an interesting backstory. I just don't understand why Lockdown even needed an alliance in the first place with Attinger. An intergalactic bounty hunter with the resources, tech, and giant ship, probably wouldn't need to form such an alliance--but I guess it worked for the movie.

There really isn't a whole lot out there to support whether he was cybertronian or not, so I'm not saying you're wrong. Lockdown was certainly the most interesting villain, and probably the most interesting transformer we have seen in the bayverse. But I don't think it mattered whether he was cybertonian or not for Attinger to hate him--he hated alien lifeforms in general, and it was in his best interest to rid earth of them.

My argument for him being cybertronian would be his ability to scan for an earth mode (Lambo Aventador) and Transform, and just the basic assumption that all of the characters we have seen on earth were cybertronian. Ratchet seems to know exactly who he was, so he definitely has some notoriety among other cybertronians.

An argument against him being cybertronian would be when he was asking Optimus where he thinks he came from, ending it with "..and your creators want you back" His build and armor was certainly interesting, and like nothing we've seen before in the bayverse. His humanoid characteristics could be argument in favor of being non-cybertronian, but Drift, Crosshairs, and Hound also had very human-like faces.

Symantics? probably, but it's worth noting

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    They do explain it. There's an entire scene devoted to explaining it. He literally says "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."

19. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    I want a good explanation!

20. HoneyPrime

HoneyPrime ♥♥ Smokescreen ♥♥

He wanted the Seed from Lockdown so he could give it to Joshua. Joshua was to take the Seed and make more Transformium so he could make more fakebots, etc., and make more money. When Attinger gave Joshua the Seed he said he wanted his 5 million shares of the company. Attinger basically did it because he was a greedy SOB, thought he "deserved it for his dedication all these years" and expected to be rolling in a ocean of money.

I'm really up in the air about Attingers true motivation for being an asshole to the Autobots. I think the "hating aliens" "Chicago" lines was just that, lines to cover up his true motivation, money. Transformium=money to him.