There wouldn't be any Autobots if...

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Then the Matrix could of warned the dormant Prime no? And Ultra Magnus could of went to look for Optimus Prime

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

who Hotrod?

even if the matrix could do that, its not likely HR would understand what was happening.

do you know how big space is?

its not likely he could find Optimus.

3. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    There wouldn't be any Autobots if....They're all dead.

4. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

IF they were awoke say more than a few months after the Cons and were in any way discovered before having a chance to power themselves up they would have been slaughtered, the Matrix still dies, Unicron still wins.

IF they revived and avoided detection and slaughter they would still have to find a way off the planet without detection, highly slim odds. Unicron still wins.

IF they avoid detection long enough to launch a ship, but get popped in the process, Unicron still wins.

IF they avoid detection and get a signal out for a rescue party, but the party gets popped, Unicron still wins.

IF they make it off earth and flee to another colony and can not establish contact with anyone, Unicron still wins.

IF they find a way to make contact but are out of range of Cybertron when Unicron attacks the first moonbase, Unicron still wins.

These are but a few of the simplest of the litany of variables that have to end exactly with one of the two (known) Matrix bearers and a functional Matrix being in the local area of Cybertron by 2005, as well as them actually knowing why they are there. As well as ending up inside Unicron. (at least going by the movie.)

With a slim chance of Optimus being functional and an even shimmer chance of Hot Rod even understanding what is going on, if he would even be there. That is all just to have a chance to save Cybertron alone. Nothing being said of planets or the rest of that universe there after.

Oh and let's not forget the single most important part in the end, Unicron knew of them and the Matrix long before they knew about him. However, there is a good chance the Matrix would eventually warn them we hope lol

Variables, variables, variables.

However if finally, they are in range either by a successful escape or rescue from Earth and have time to get Unicron. Horray for the good guys.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

the decepticons were hardly ever that competent.Even low on Power I'm fair cretin a few [Prime included] Autobots would have survive.

I dont see why "detection" is an issue.Even detected Chip avoided Thrust for a while.Again, the cons were never very competent,

Doubtful they would detect them to begin with and even if, IZ doubt they would track and capture all.
    again, cons were never very competent
    why do they need to contact anyone?
    In 20+ years I feel they would have found a way to get home

6. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

To find out they need to get the matrix to Cybertron perhaps.

Variables.

Even less than competent troops get kills in a turkey shoot. Megatron damn sure might not go back and kill them in the Ark but, as was shown he damn sure would cheap shot Optimus at any opportunity. Unicron still wins.

Variables.

Megatron would not have been there to reformat into Galvatron, Unicron finds/creates better troops, Unicron still wins.

Variables.

Autobots meet any number of grisly ends on the way to Cybertron, Unicron still wins.

Variables.

One for the joke file, Movie never happens, Stan Bush never writes the Touch, Optimus or Hot Rod arrive just in the nick of time, open the Matrix.... nothing happens. Unicron laughs. Everybody still dies :p 

7. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Your assuming it would take all 21 years.
    and hardly ever get the one they were aiming for.
    they tried that in the comics with Hook,Line and Seaker, according to that Galvatron was the best any of his possible futures showed him.
    The Autobot in the film, and in the series met with plenty of "grisly threats" and always came out on top.

Thats the "flaw" of trying to argue a autobot loss when talking about the cartoon.They never truly loss.

Funny

8. meirelle

meirelle Sea of Shelfwarmers

He's probably an undercover spy for the Autobots. It's not too far-fetched if you think about it. Fucking up all of the Decepticon operations, trying to kill Megatron...

9. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I think the worst thing of all would be that Megatron wouldn't have inscribed the message on the golden disk and there wouldn't have been any Beast Wars!!!!

10. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

kills are kills oh and Megatron sure might not go back and kill them in the Ark but, as was shown he damn sure would cheap shot Optimus at any opportunity. which I am sure would come up. Unicron still wins.

Going to have to research this.

I said ends, not threats. And that was referring to the Ark Autobots.

well of course they don't lose, that would be the end of a series, but we are speaking theoretically here after all.
    long cherished Saturday morning cartoon laws no longer apply.

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

and I repeat, they miss the one their after.

So Optimus lives :thumbs2: 

As I said above, going back would be highly out of character

Unicron had Hook and the other get galvatron from the future and bring him to 1987

yes, and an "end" is a threat till its over.

who says they dont apply, after all, this is all for fun:drunk 

12. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

No, I do not think if the Ark Autobots had woke late to a Decepticon controlled Earth and had only token human assistance to get back to Cybertron they would have made it in time. There would be far more Cons' on that world than just the one's that came with the Nemesis by then. No, I indeed don't think they would have made it back. Hell I don't think they would have gotten out of our solar system in 21 years under those circumstances. Sure with better conditions yes, as was illustrated, they probably would indeed.

I feel as the thread turned one of these bits may have gotten misunderstood. Megatron very much would cheap-shot Optimus in any given battle field after they were awoke and the Autobots had not yet got to recharge while Megatron had months or years to fuel himself and his troops up.

But... Not gonna get me playing twist the tense of my sentence on a grisly random end. I. meant. E. N. D. :p  Not maybe or leading up to. I meant post existence, stone cold dead, bereft of life, defunct, perished, checked out, deceased, expired, extinct, gone to meet Primus, burnt out toaster ovens, erased, sprung from this mortal coil, departed, flat-lined and otherwise liquidated by whatever random event that happens. After all space is big and full of dangerous stuff. :wink Matrix dies, Unicron still wins.

As for the pulling heralds out of other time streams of course that backfired, when does time travel ever work out like someone hopes?

Variables.

They pop out of their base and meet the wrong set of humans who don't want to be pals.. does not guarantee a victory for Unicron, but it's about 60/40.

They catch some Cosmic rust on their travels to Cybertron, again, does not guarantee a victory for Unicron, but it's about 80/20.

Some Alternity transformer could sneeze and blow every Autobot and or Decepticon in that whole timeline out of existence anyway and..
    Unicron. Still. Wins. :) 

If the long cherished Saturday morning cartoon laws still apply you can't have a good theoretical discussion and then... it is no fun.

13. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

thats assuming the Cons got control of Earth.As I said, they werent that competent. Its also assuming the bots woke very late in the game.

I'm sure Optimus would have found a way off planet.Remember, Zombie Optimus built himself a shuttle out of scrapes.

\

\It might have worked if Galvatron did as he was told
    sure you can, unless your only interested in 1 outcome.

14. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

(Hyneman) Well there's your problem! (/Hyneman)

Well, that's just the problem, in the end it does come down to one of two outcomes, they put Uni' into extended stasis, or whatever multiversal singularities do when they get beat but not killed and turn into blackholes, and live. Ooor they don't stop him and everyone dies. That's the problem when you finally get around to introducing that reality crushing big bad. :( 

15. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

I dont get it

true enough

16. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

(Hyneman) Well there's your problem! (/Hyneman)
    A Mythbusters aphorism. Sometimes used when things go other than the way they planned, or just as a joke. Either way usually accompanied by someone holding up a piece of a destroyed item, usually a part of an exploded vehicle.

In this case however just for the general purpose of basically any Unicron thinking any Galvatron is ever going do what he is told. :lol 

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

ahh, thanks for explaining.

18. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

NP :) 

As for the Autobots waking up years later on Earth, it probably could have all worked out in the end, I would say..65/35. :D 

19. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I was refering to Optimus Prime not Hot Rod

20. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

How could the matrix warn him when he was deactivated?