There will be no true DLC for this Game

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Star Streaker, Aug 28, 2012.

1. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I also fail to see how it's morally wrong. I have yet to see anything that actually distinguishes the locked content from the DLC, beyond the weird notion that simply owning the disk entitles you to all the content on it.

2. Zikmaster1000

Zikmaster1000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What dose Disk Locked Mean again, I pre-ordered my game, dose that mean I won't beable to get the DLC Dinobot and Decepticon Packs when they come out for PS3?

3. Jadryx

Jadryx Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That means that the data for the content is already on the disc. When you "buy" the DLC all you are really doing is downloading a code that will unlock the data on the disc and allow you to use it.

4. orangeitis

orangeitis All orange, all the time. Looks infectious.

News Credits:
    That directly invokes the No True Scotsman fallacy, IJS. :wink: 

5. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

It means unlike games of the past where content was on disc but locked until
    beating a stage, score, boss character, beating the game, or entering a cheat code that could unlock said content now is only unlocked after paying more money. All the dlc packs for foc are on the disc as long as you pay for the key code that unlock the dinobots when they release you will be able to play as them.
    I kinda miss those old days when now the only unlockables are trophies or achievements that don't really matter.

6. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

Old school baby, all the way! I feel so sorry for these kids in the modern era.

7. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Can someone quite this for me? It says I need to sign in to read it and I forgot my old account from when I was hunting for a good community to talk with about WFC.

That was the case for WFC, wasn't it?

Come one, we're talking about morals and illegalities just because of disc-locked video game maps?

8. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

Nope, WFC's maps were real downloads.

Map pack 1 was around 377MB and map pack 2 was 497.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Ohkay, I thought it was on-disc, too. I don't see people's big problem with on-disc, it's not a real problem. Unless you'd prefer to wait 10 minutes for your maps to download instead of instantaneously unlocking.

10. The Constructicon

The Constructicon Yeah, I turn into a leg.

It all just comes down to personal ideals, some think it's wrong to charge for what they've already shipped out, some clearly don't. It does bug me but I'll buy the content anyway because I love the game and I want to see them get to Earth.

With as awesome as the G1 Optimus looks, I would spasm if they made a full game with that style.

11. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    Totally agree.

What is the difference about having dlc that is locked on the disk or dlc that isn't? They are both already planned and made so why does it make a damn difference?? The only difference is that the dlc on the disk wouldn't screw up anybody that DIDN'T have it. For example, if I have bought dlc that isn't on the disk, than anyone I play who has it won't be able to play against me because they disk wouldn't recognize it.

There are seriously a bunch of whiners aren't there? I mean either way, they planned this dlc and if it was on disk or not on the disk, we would still pay for it the same way. Why are people snooping around and looking at files they aren't supposed to and then have the nerve to complain about it? It's just beyond me.

12. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

I'm just gonna throw this out there: Mario never has to put up with this shit.

Also, it is the industry. Nothing you can do about it. It's like all the people that say "don't drive" when the gas prices go up, but guess what? People still freakin' drive. The problem is that no one will ever get enough people to "not do" whatever it is to get companies to even freakin notice, much less change. So you can either comply and get the DLC and have fun playing the game or you can bitch and moan that you're only playing half a game while you get kicked out of DLC match after DLC match because you think you're "sticking it to the man". I'm not "whiteknighting" this but it is what it is and we're stuck with it so we might as well make the best of that bad situation.

13. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

Yeah but he can't do anything about it. That's like telling George of the Jungle to watch out for that *CRASH* Tree.

14. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I'll add that I rarely encounter maps I don't have on WFC, and I haven't got a single DLC. As Ss20V said, this game seriously needs a matchmaking overhaul that doesn't put you on maps you don't have.

15. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Except people need to drive for their jobs and school and what have you. You don't need to buy DLC for a video game.

This is absolutely something gamers can fight and have been fighting, but so many people think of it as a small problem it's only going to be when every game does this that people are finally gonna get the hint that they're basically being scammed.

16. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Rather than arguing it's not fair why not speak with your wallets and not support it! DLC continues because a lot of folks bend over and take. Stand up and block!

17. LocoPayas0

LocoPayas0 El Payaso

Ebay:
    I use this same exact argument when vegetarians tell me not to eat meat...

18. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And this comes as a surprise to people... how exactly?

19. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    I don't know, somehow it makes them ripped off

20. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    $2 more to buy my TFs? Fuck inflation, Hasbro is pure greed!
    $10, $20, $30+ more to buy stuff already technically included on your $60 disc? That's just a fact of life with video games nowadays, man.