There has to be something more......(plot question)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Thanos1, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Thanos1

Thanos1 Well-Known Member

Just like the title says, some of the promos say and prime says " it's human extinction" yet all we see is Lockdown who as bad ass as he looks is not going to destroy all humans, and the man made army is meant to protect people from cybertronians right? Am I missing something? If so please fill me in. I guess this is geared more toward those who don't think we could have a unicron/quintessans lead in.. Lets hear thoughts

2. sawwheeler

sawwheeler Gundam Meister

I don't think Lockdown is suppose to kill the humans, I think he just wants Prime...

3. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lockdown is pretty much after Prime then going - at least that's what Bay and the trailers want us to think. Then again every plot from the films so far has had human extinction as a potential outcome.

I think this time the extinction is possibly human-caused for example 'Galvatron taking over the human-built Vehicons?'

4. sawwheeler

That is possible.

5. Thanos1

Thanks, I should have elaborated, I meant those two options were counted out for their other jobs/motives, but Scorpio now you say it I like your idea and it would make perfect sense. Good call

6. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

I think hes after a few things but one of them is galvatron and he shoots prime cos hes messing with his work!!!

7. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bay said it himself. The humans have a "power" "something" that can cannibalize the Earth.

There is for sure a lot more to the plot that we don't know and may not know the full extent of in this movie.

8. sawwheeler

The Vehicons?

9. toaprime

toaprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something to do with the Dark Spark and/or another relic, along with the Nightship and the Vehicon armies.

10. tonyformer

News Credits:
    I truly think humans messing with TFs tech is just the tip of the plot at hand. It's what we are not seeing or seeing much of that is the dark spark of the plot at hand and the key to a far reaching issue ;) 

11. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

This is the second time I've heard somebody mention the Dark Spark.

I think it's a pretty sure thing that the "dark spark" is just the McGuffin invented for the ridiculous cash-in game that has nothing to do with the movie. The dark spark in the game is some kind of thing that allows the universes to cross-over. This is not happening in the film....so either is the Dark Spark. Thankfully.

12. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wonder does Lockdown turn against the humans in the end?

13. sawwheeler

Well I really need to see this movie then.

14. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Remember though, the game is supposed to take place during and after the events of AOE. So if it is truly a tie in game at least as far as the AOE portion goes, we can't count the Dark Spark out of showing up in the movie. I really do think this game was supposed to be a true tie in game for current and after events but some dumb ass game designer came up with the idea to tie in the movie with past WFC/FOC games. And shoehorned them together.

15. Thanos1

Tonyformer, where was the bit about cannibalizing the earth? That's the first I've heard of that, that would definatly be something toward human extinction

16. toaprime

News Credits:
    There honestly is no proof of the Dark Spark in AOE; but there is also no proof that is not in AOE. All that we know is that the video game "takes place" during AOE and that the Dark Spark is the "anti-Matrix" and a relic of massive power that can raise dead TFs.

Being that the game takes place during AOE, I'd imagine that the relic of AOE would have some impact. Just my opinion. But in AOE
    we know that there is a "key" that goes to something, which is quite possibly the Dark Spark

On a side note, if the Dark Spark was used, this could be a great way to introduce one of Unicron's creations, sort of like a Decepticon Matrix of Leadership.

17. toaprime

News Credits:
  18. tonyformer

News Credits:
    Here you go. Bay says it himself. Also, you guys will see in this video the car I said will get flipped that everyone says is floating that Stingwr passes in the TV spot. It's seen on the catapult as well as already flipped with the catapult still sitting there ;) 

'Transformers 4' Cast Reveals On-Set Pranks | ETonline.com

19. Ring3r

Ring3r 5.0

I really really doubt it. Everything about it looks like a brainless cash in using pre-existing assets with the barest of "story" elements thrown in as an excuse to mash everything together. Like the story in a fighting game, basically.

20. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

am I missing something?

how about the entire movie cause its not out yet.