There are MORE than 7 Constructicons!

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Brundok, May 6, 2009.

1. Brundok

Brundok Transforming Tauren, Moo!

I've posted this info in another thread, with what seemed no notice of it. I feel, though, that it is an important piece of info not to be overlooked!

IF The Veiled Threat is truly cannon ( i know the movies take some liberties, or is it the books? :)  ), then we need to look at the possible fact that the reason the excavator in Shanghai and the one that forms Devastator are opposite color schemes is because they are different robots.

The reason I bring this up is because in The Veil Threat, Lennox and his crew (including Optimus) run into 3 constructicons. 2 multi armed excavators (who happen to be twins) Tread and Trample, and a Bulldozer, Kickback.

Also they run into 2 Cons(Ruination and Blademaster) that both choose Ospreys as there Alt forms (and they aren't noted as being twins or brothers) so it appears that the cons are willing to not be unique, as long as it gets the job done!

Now if there are 7 Constructicons in movie, with the book, that brings the count to at least 10 (They sell more toys that way with repaints. And Lord knows As long as the repaint has a new name AND bio I'll freakin buy it, and they know I'm not the only one!)

Discuss! :) 

2. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Well there are only a certain amount of alt-modes to choose from when it comes down to it, and just because they also chose construction vehicles doesn't make them part of the constructicon team. Also with the way CG is they could just whipe up a new color for that excavator during post-production instead of repainting it in real life.

Reminds me to keep an eye for that book.

3. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    The only Constructicons I count are the ones that form Devastator. Even an Autobot could assume a construction vehicle form, after all.

4. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    It's the Hauler thing all over again.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    There may be more than 7 Constructicons, but only 7 form Devastator.

6. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    If you check the list you can see Demolisher and Scavanger on the list so there are both differnet bots.

[​IMG]

7. HIM666fan

HIM666fan DINOBOT

News Credits:
    Ya and that seems more logicial i dunno in all reality there could be one missing piece for a total of 7 to form devistator its one thing im glad there keeping secret i dont want to know till the movie comes out. Yes i may want to know badly now lol but i like suprises i wish they would have kept the whole devistator thing secret that would have just made the movie for everyone!!!! lol it seems that as every movie comes out too much is leaked i hope there are a big big suprises in store maybe even extra constructicons!!

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Yeah this movie is gonna blow up all other movies coming out.

9. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    Yeah, but that list omits Megatron and Blackout, who are both in the movie. It's pretty dodgy IMO.

10. Brundok

Brundok Transforming Tauren, Moo!

Thouroughly agree with this, I just wish I could say that the writer/Hasbro follow this logic.

Again, I agree!

I never stated any different, and again I agree. There has been so many other threads on the various color variances in the Constructicons that had us all guessing. So I think the info from the book pretty much sets the point that there are 7 Constructicons, but who knows how many Construction 'Cons?

As well as other, and definetly doesn't have over 40 bots on it.

All in all from the toy point of view, it now makes sense that they didnt make the transforming bots connect together. Now they can make as many repaints of the toys as they want and dont have to worry about the connection. (Not that I agree with this reasoning AT ALL, but it makes sense in a corporate mindset) And the Vehicles that connect to form Devy are Exclusive to forming him.

But all in all, we'll find out when we see the movie (and get the toys)

11. Mechafire

Mechafire Shadow Broker Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    People are still believing this list?

Really?

Really?

12. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Duh, it's from Paramount. Sure it might not mention all the robots but they wouldn't confuse Demolishor (the white excavator) with Scavenger (the red one) now would they?

13. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's quite possible, yeah.

I don't know if that's the case or not, but would they? Yes.

14. butz

butz slippery when wet

I'm thinking the Demolisher/Scavenger thing is just another Brawl/Devastator mix-up like we had in the first movie.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Faker than my Great Aunt Sally's tits.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

Most franchise books strike me as glorified fan-fiction, so I sincerely doubt its true/real/canonical.

17. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    It's suspicious how Demolisher and the Devastator component he supposedly forms are two different colors, though. Not to mention that Rampage is red, and Devastator's left leg is formed by an appearantly much larger threaded vehicle that has an extra sets of threads, not just the two on the foot.

18. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    i dont quite see your logic. because they turn into construction vehicles, they are therefore constructicons?

so this guy is a constructicon too then?

Heavy Load (2001) - Autobot Dump Truck - www.tfu.info

i assume then that you think that ratchet and prowl are protectobots, starscream is an arielbot, and sideswipe sunstreaker and mirage are all stunticons? :banghead: 

19. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

they forgot chromia, the purpole bike, blackout, megatron, the allspark bots and the ones that transform into weapons.

Also, I know that this hasn't been confirmed yet but Springer. I mean he has both Robot Heroes toys and Movie Legends toys. Why would a non-movie character get BOTH Movie Legends and Robot Heroes toys? He is definitely in. Also, who thinks Landmine (or the Landmine drones) are possible too? The original Landmine didn't die in the comics did he?

20. jadtdt

jadtdt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In the Movie-verse continuity, the naming system for the Constructicons may not be identical to how it has worked in the past. It could mean any robot who was part of the Construction Team seen in Defiance.

See also the Movie-verse Seekers. The ancient Seekers hunted for suns for the Fallen's race, and the modern Seekers are an elite Decepticon team. Neither group is composed only of individuals identical to Starscream.