Theory Time...Megatron is a Knight?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Galvatross, Sep 2, 2014.

1. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Megatron and Optimus as brothers-in-arms. See what Megatron was like before he became evil, see them go on missions together, see them protect Cybertron together, see them being mentored by Sentinel, etc.

2. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

So with Megatron's full appearance released it appears more and more likely that Megatron is in fact a Knight. He has the stylized melee weapon. He has the fantasy knight armor all over his body. He has the face mask protecting his mouth.

I guess now it's just a matter of whatever hints we get about the characters or plot as well as what we see and hear in the finished film itself.

3. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the story is something like this....

Optimus and Megatron were knights together. Both served for some time until a rebellion against the Creators happened. Both survive and any memory of their Creators was wiped out.

Both are adopted by Sentinel Prime later on. Optimus impresses Sentinel enough to become a Prime while Megatron in jealousy turns to the Fallen.

4. Nightmare966

Nightmare966 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But Optimus is a descendant of the Prime line. Heck, he's the 13th Original Prime if they're keeping the whole multi-verse continuity thing going.

As for Megatron, he might not be a knight, but a major force MIGHT have given him the status...

5. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    ^ You're bringing an AWFUL lot of already disregarded TFCU continuity into the fold here...

6. Galvatross

If you ask me I think Megatron and Optimus were not sentient beings until after the rebellion against the Creators.

First, Optimus knew some things about the Creators, but he didn't know their identity.

Lockdown tells Prime when he captures him, "You think you were born? You were built, and your Creators want you back!" Lockdown also tells Prime he was built to follow orders. These things together suggest that the Knights and other Transformers were built as non-thinking slaves programmed to do what their masters commanded, and they did not have life intially.

However, even though Prime was built by the Creators, he was given life by the Allspark. In ROTF the Primes were a dynasty; one does not simply become a Prime. I think that the Allspark gave him the life force of a Prime just like the Fallen and Sentinel were also given the life force of Primes, hence Optimus and other Primes were built by the Creators but were born as Primes when the Allspark gave them that lifeforce that made a Prime a Prime.

Of course, I think there are/were Knights who are not Primes. Megatron is not a Prime, but according to my theory he was built by the Creators as a Knight.

7. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    Well none of them were sentient before that..it's not like the Creators only built them or something.And it's clearly they are a newer generation of Knights 'cause if they were built at the same time as the other Primes and Seekers they would have been like Jetfire or Sentinel,the Creators didn't built them all at once.And of course there were Knights that werenot Primes just look at the Dinobots

8. Galvatross

Well the reason I said Prime specifically was because he did not remember his Creators' identities nor did he remember the Fallen. Also, I think some Transformers did gain sentience before the rebellion, otherwise there wouldn't have been a rebellion against the Creators in the first place!

Additionally, at this point there's no indication that there were different "generations" of Knights. We just know that the Knights were built to explore the universe and do whatever tasks the Creators had for them.

In my opinion the Knights including Prime and most other Transformers were built well before some of the Transformers rebelled. Then one day, by design or accident, some Cybertronians were given life by the Allspark, and these sentient few, probably including the Fallen and the first Primes, rebelled sooner or later. At some point later the remaining Cybertronians were given life. Optimus likely would have been one who became sentient after the uprising against the Creators. That would explain why he didn't know the identity of the Creators and other things about the earliest history of Cybertronians.

At this point I am not convinced the Dinobots are Knights at all. I think they are certainly connected in some way(they have the medieval appearance after all), but there is actually no definitive proof that they are Knights. That's something the next film needs to explain.

9. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Your right, but that was the last film....bee and stinger were supposed to be ninjas didn't you see that....carrying Death Stars on their backs and bee in black?

10. Galvatross

There's something posted several months ago that has me thinking...

In May it said there was going to be a reveal that turned out to be Megatron's face with the battle mask. The preview to the reveal had a Morse code message saying, "I'm coming for you humans!" as well as the Shakespeare quote of "Something wicked this way comes." Many were suspecting that Prime would get corrupted by the Creators given his purple eyes in the title reveal. However, given the association of the message with the Megatron reveal I suspect that the message was almost certainly referring to Megatron and not Prime.

Now the Shakespeare quote refers to Macbeth getting set lose by the witches. Regardless of whether Megatron gets upgraded himself on the Knightship or by the Creators, I suspect that it refers at least in part to how the Knights including Megatron were made to do the bidding of the Creators, and now Megatron has upgraded to his ancient Knight form they originally made him into regardless of whether he is in league with them in the present day.

I do think the Creators are a big unknown in this. Joblo said that Megatron was going to be the main villain, but it doesn't say who his allies are or what his plan is. It also said that Prime finds out he was responsible for Cybertron's desolation, but who tells him that? I suspect that the Creators are involved in the stories of both characters to some degree, although what exactly that will look like is still unknown.

11. Dotmshockwave

Dotmshockwave Senior Robotic Citizen

News Credits:
    This movie may clean up so serious unexplained plot threads I feel. You know how the first movie Decepticons just appear like they are on earth? Yes in the novels they arrive after bumblebee. But what if they have been here for a very long time? As in Knights old. Megatron states in DOTM "Sentinel was suppose to rendezvous with me here on earth BEFORE fate waylay ed us both." But When were Sentinel and Megatron originally suppose to meet before Sentinel was shot down and Megatron was frozen? Well look at it this way. Perhaps during the time of the Knights and King Arthur???? Megatron and Sentinel in DOTM want to do what? Restore cybertron. How? Well with humans. But even in the movie how they actually would SUCCEED at forcing 7 billion humans to go into space nearby and rebuild an ENTIRE planet seems really vague. Now maybe not so much. If the Jo Blo plot leak is true (which lets face it, IT IS at this point) there is an artifact on earth that can COMPLETELY RESTORE cybertron. And no not the allspark or star harvester (those probably would help a lot too) but something (excalibur probably). Knowing this it makes WAY more sense that Megatron and Sentinel shipped cybertron to earth, because they must have known of the artifact. Especially considering they were ORIGINALLY going to meet in the dark ages they could have shipped cybertron to earth with no resistance, and succeeded in taking the planet over easily. But something goes wrong, Sentinel gets shot down, but where was Megatron when the Prime got shot down you might ask. Well, what if he was on earth? What if he was already here with the original movie cons (and soundwave and maybe shockwave). Waiting Sentinel's ship and about to retrieve the allspark. Well who stopped him? Who froze him in ice? Yes Optimus says he crash landed BEFORE he could retrieve the cube. But, then again who shot him down? Did he actually crash land due to entering earth's atmosphere (seems far fetched). Why does it look like the cube is within his grasp when he is frozen when in TF1 the cube is in HOOVER DAM? And again, who stopped him? The knights? The autobots? Optimus? Some third party? Hell even lockdown? Who knows. All I know is I was thinking about this a lot today and I started connecting the dots. Let me know if this seems reasonable.

Also Look at megatron's new fusion cannon in tf5. Look at the barrel. Now look at TF1 megatron's toy jet mode and the fusion cannon which becomes the nose of the plane form. They look quite a bit alike don't they? Thought I'd point that out.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    ^^^
    That's a lot of stuff to cover in just one movie so I wouldn't count on it DOTMShockwave.

13. TFFan01

TFFan01 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I actually think this is the case.

14. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Basically transformers the cinematic universe...is an inappropriate name. It's actually a cinematic multiverse....it's the only explanation for the mad random craziness that is not only the timeline and continuation of events from film to film but also the complete lack of shame at its horrific plot holes....so knights with samurai, the ksi ninja boys, and megs somehow returned as a dark knight....yeah I can see this totally happening just before a crazy reboot that happens as a result of them all forming an alliance to battle an unseen for that is responsible for the ever changing and mingling of the timelines and universes, as it looks for the all spark and matrix....the all spark is one with megatron and the matrix is one with prime. Using these two thy will battle this foe who has moved between dimension and universes seeking the two artifact a out....the movement of this foe has been causing ripples and tears in timelines creating mergers between universes and events....things that happened in our timeline were followed by events from another universe and timeline, this is why nothing makes sense and only certain things remain true......unicron is coming and he is the cause of these plot holes and he is responsible for this cinematic Mandela effect....and until he has collapsed the universe into one and revealed himself to us things will get stranger..about the only reasonable way any of this will form a continuous plot as time progresses....

15. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Hahaha, wow. Exaggerate much?

16. ma70er

ma70er HasTak/3P TF Collector, Gamer

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    At this point, why not. He's already Prime's brother :rolleyes2 

17. Livingdeaddan

Livingdeaddan DEFIANTLILHORDE

News Credits:
    Could be an interesting turn, sort Transformers crossed with Wes Cravens New Nightmare, with a little Wayne's World and Monty Pythons Holy Grail in there too (we already got King Arthur!)

18. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Haha yeah I did a little didn't I :D 

19. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

All we need is a transforming killer rabbit in the predacons and some knights who say nee!

In all seriousness I can see the multiverse thing and unicron able to search amongst them as a valid plot....long term. Sort of similar to the recently finished marvel comics theme where there was some sort of battle of the universes which ended up with I think two universes facing off and this gave rise to the next chapter or a singular rebooted universe....something like that haha I think it could work as a save for the way the films seem to not fit properly with each other....but they almost do.

20. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Megs: look Prime I'm a knight! Are you surprised?
    *brief moment of silence*
    Optimus: you better off dead.
    *more silence*
    Megs: *cries*

Hehe.