Theory on Galvatron...*possible spoilers*

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Maximus_Prime, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    I have been thinking about this for a bit but what if Galvatron (or Galvatron units) are being controlled by the Megatron Head that is still functional and being used for unknown purposes, as of now. It would be a quick way to say that "Megatron is Galvatron" without taking away from the original Megatron. If it has been discussed here before sorry I was just thinking about that today.

2. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

Actually not a bad idea. I think using Megatron as essentially a brain in a jar might be a bit too out there, and I kinda want Galvatron to be a separate character, but this is a neat theory.

3. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My theory is that the supercars are in fact movieverse stunticons and that the freightliner has originaly intended to be Motormaster but then Megatron, who survived as a head (the same way frenzy and igor, or maybe because of the allspark energy) transfers the allspark energy remaining on his head to the motormaster bot, creating galvatron.

I know that stunticons are normaly not human made, but nemesis prime is not either and in prime he was...

this theory explains why the supercars look so much like the stunticons, and why galvatron looks so much like motormaster

4. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    In the trailers, Galvatron don't seem to be a formidable foe, so maybe it will be revealed at the end of the movie that Megatron is the real mastermind which leads to a tf5 with Megatron.

5. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Really? That's a bit too out there for Transformers?

Actually, it'd be almost close to what TFA did with Megatron in the first season, in that he was a head controlling machines remotely.

6. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember in that "leaked" script that Galvatron came as a separate character who was a herald of Unicron, but when he scanned the bodies of the dead Decepticons, Megatron took over his mind (sort of like Megs and Bee in TF Prime). I'm wondering if something similar will be employed here, in that Galvatron is a man-made TF, but whatever lies within Megatron's head might take it over at some point.

7. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

But see, Animated was a much more lighter fare, so we could accept that. With the movie-verses emphasis on realism, and the fact that AOE looks darker than Whoopi Goldbergs lips, Megatron's head being alive would just be too silly for me.

Giant Robot Dinosaurs are okay though :) 

8. Decepticons

Decepticons B∆K. Bug-a-Boo Ghost.

News Credits:
    Nice theory. Similar to what they did with Megatron and Isaac Sumdac in Animated. This isn't too far-fetched to me.

The Galvatron attacking Prime in the trailers could just be a human-manufactured drone and later in the film, somehow Megatron's mind possesses aforementioned drone(s), if the humans (whomever it may be; Su Yeuming's or Joshua's company) did in fact obtain Megatron's severed head.

It doesn't seem so silly, to be honest. I'd love this story arc.

9. scoobsterinc

scoobsterinc Scoobs

News Credits:
    To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the man-made formers were made from decepticon parts which cause them to go rogue and control themselves.

10. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I think the "Galvatron is a drone, but Megatron takes over" is very plausible.

It would also explain how Optimus seemingly wipes the floor with him at first. He's still a drone, and the AI is inferior to an actual Cybertronian in combat ability. But once he becomes Galvatron his skills with jump immensely.

11. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

I think any realism the movies were going for was lost back with ROTF.

But even so, I don't see whats too out there about being able to reanimate a robot's head. That actually seems fairly reasonable of an idea.

They did it in the Alien movies. That's pretty dark.

12. agent j 15

agent j 15 Banned

I know, but Alien had the excuse that the head was explicitly made to look human (and it fit in with the sexual imagery-if that fluid was any color than white it wouldn't have been so terrifying). Having Megatron's disembodied head talking would just be stupid-severed heads are VERY hard to use effectively in movies. All the decapitations in The Hobbit did nothing to shock me (except maybe the Goblin Kings), because they were all bloodless and clean cut. Sorry, severed heads are just funny to me-The Walking Dead learned this the hard way when in the mid-season opener for season 4,
    we get this incredibly harrowing and somber scene of Michonne walking through the wreck of the prison. Everything looks grim, and it's really well done...until we get to Hershel's reanimated head. Me, my dad, my sister and my brother all laughed like hyenas at that.

Don't get me wrong-when the Mexican Cartels cut off someones head with a chainsaw and put the video on LiveLeak, THAT'S terrifying. Not just because it's real, but because it's much messier than movies make it out to be-all the blood spills from their neck, and their lifeless heads are hanging on by a stringy piece of flesh, which the killers tear off like bones from a chicken wing. It was a horrific sight, and I genuinely couldn't sleep after seeing it.

But if Megatron's head get's shocked and starts talking? I'll laugh my ass off.

13. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    I just assumed that Galvatron was made from Megatron's head, salvaged by humans.

Perhaps he puts on an act that he is under the humans' control, but in reality Megatron's consciousness is still there, and still malevolent.

14. HereticalHeresy

HereticalHeresy Decepticon

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    What evidence do we have that can point to the theory that he is a drone? We know from the new trailer that he is still alive when Prime gets shot in the back. (As opposed to before, when we thought he was dead at his feet.)

15. Vulcan

Vulcan Well-Known Member

If giving Megs a new body makes him Galvatron, then he was Galvatron in ROTF. I don't think you need a completely different guy, but change the body ,and to some degree the mind, of Megatron. The trippy thing about the original Galvatron, was he was Megatron, but he was also a new being built over the remnants of the old one. It gave a certain dimension to the character when you think about it.

16. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    I think that Galvatron will be a man-made drone and the climatic scene in the movie will be them trying to make a Galvatron out of Megatron's remains, only for the original to take over.

I say this only because of the Kre-O set that seems to show that there'll be a huge Galvatron in a factory, unless of course the one we've already seen gets upgraded.

17. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    My guess on the transformers created by the humans such as Galvatron and Stinger is that they all become decepticons or are just decepticons pretending to be following the humans as seen in the decepticon toy packages. Once the invasion starts, all of the human created transformers turn out to be really working for the Decepticons and the humans will need the help of the Autobots again. Hopefully, we see more Decepticon characters. In the past Transformers movies, all of the newly created Transformers tend to be evil such as Ejector. Why newly created Transformers tend to be evil could be bec. of the invisible influence of Unicron from afar.

18. sideswipeprime*

sideswipeprime* Cybertronian

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Autobot X anyone?

19. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I somehow doubt it. They're just Transformers, possibly Decepticons, that become cars. Unless they combine into Menasor there's absolutely no reason why they should be Stunticons. Same with Galvatron, I'm pretty sure they would have written him not the script long before choosing his exact alt mode. The fact that it resembles G1 Motormaster is only slightly less than coincidence because nothing says evil better than big black truck :p 

Yeah but they don't really do they? There are more than four of them and none really resemble any of the four from G1. People have just been clutching at spanners since the Argosy was first revealed because they've been trying to will the Stunticons into this movie.

20. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think he's human built, maybe a unique design, unlike Stinger, and the melded minds on Megatron and Sentinel take it over. I don't think we'll necessarily see the severed heads come alive and talk but there will some kind of 'activity' from them.