Theory: How TF5 Can Fix the Movie Continuity

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Stryker055, Dec 8, 2016.

1. Stryker055

Stryker055 History Man Extraordinare

All right, let me preface this by saying that this is really more speculation than it is a theory, due to how much of this relies on things I made up. I also do not believe whatsoever that any part of this theory will be confirmed in the films, mostly because it's too complex for the movies to tackle.

With mention of the mysterious "Creators" in Age of Extinction, it appeared that the continuity of the Transformers films was now damaged beyond repair. The discrepancies of the first three films had been successfully smoothed over in the IDW tie-in comics, but the revelation that the Transformers were created by an unknown alien race undercuts all of the history of the Cybertronians as told in the films.

I believe, however, that the presence of the Creators (who appear, according to plot info, to be Quintessons), is actually the key to fixing the convoluted, contradictory continuity that is the Transformers films. A lot of the revised movie continuity I've described here is me interpreting some of the information we've gotten about TF5, as well as incorporating the presence of Unicron (and Primus, because at this point why not), and meshing it into the established movie continuity in an attempt to make all of this make sense.

In the beginning, there was Primus. Primus created life in the form of the Cybertronians, with the first of his creations being the seven Primes, who ruled as the Dynasty of Primes. Among the other races of Cybertronian included the Knights, an elite group of warrior-explorers, and the Seekers, who served under the Prime who would later be known as the Fallen. The Knights were led by Sentinel Prime, and included in their ranks were his successor-to-be Optimus Prime, the warriors who would be the Dinobots, and Megatron. Primus imbued his essence and life force into the AllSpark, which would continue to create life on Cybertron as the race thrived.

Primus, however, had an opposite in the form of Unicron. Jealous of Primus's power to create the Cybertronians, Unicron attempted to create life of his own, but he could only create organic life. His creations were the Quintessons. Long after Primus defeated Unicron, the Quintessons and the Cybertronians remained in conflict. The Quintessons sought to revive their creator, and in the process they made use of "Seeds" of Unicron's essence to attempt to convert worlds into potential host bodies for Unicron. The Cybertronians, led by the Primes, fought to prevent Unicron's return.

One member of the Dynasty eventually rebelled, seeing Unicron's resurrection as a means to gain power from the Dark God. Learning of the Quintesson's plans for Earth, he sent his Seekers to investigate the planet, and conspired with the Quintessons to use the Star Harvester and the AllSpark to advance their efforts to revive Unicron on Earth. The other Primes discovered the Fallen's treachery, and the ensuing War of the Primes resulted in the Fallen's imprisonment and the deaths of the rest of the Dynasty. This was, however, all a manipulation by the Quintessons in order to eliminate the leaders of the Cybertronians.

Now without the Dynasty's leadership, the Quintessons defeated and conquered the Cybertronians. Using the powers derived from Unicron, the Quintessons reprogrammed the entire Cybertronian race to be used as a slave force. The AllSpark, which the Quintessons could not control or understand, remained on Cybertron. As time went on, however, the Cybertronians discoverd the AllSpark and rebelled against their masters, developing autonomy and a new civilization of their own.

The Cybertronians developed a new belief system based around the AllSpark, which gave life to them and their planet. One Cybertronian, Sentinel Prime, was able to recall the ancient history of his race, and used that knowledge to his own ends by declaring himself Prime to gain leadership, along with his former Knights, Optimus and Megatron.

From here on, everything plays out according to IDW continuity. Sentinel reveals to Optimus that he is a Prime (though still withholds all other information), Megatron is jealous and comes into contact with the Fallen who promises him power, the war between the Autobots and Decepticons kicks off, Sentinel Prime makes a deal with Megatron and escapes in the Ark, Optimus Prime sends the Allspark to Earth, etc.

Now, fast-forward to Age of Extinction. The destruction of the Allspark/Cybertron's destruction has reactivated Unicron and the Quintessons. The Quintessons summon their agent, the factionless bounty hunter Lockdown, to capture and retrieve the remaining Knights. Lockdown succeeds in capturing the Dinobots, and by this time Megatron and Sentinel are dead, so Optimus is the last one. When in Lockdown's ship, Optimus discovers the Knights' Temenos, which contains the sword that he used as a Knight. When Optimus reclaims the sword, he regains his original memories, reformatting himself into his original form as a Knight. After defeating Galvatron, Optimus, now understanding who the enemy is and what they want, departs from Earth to face the "Creators."

Now, as far as TF5 goes, we know a few things from the trailer and plot info. We know that Megatron is back in some capacity, either on his own or has changed from Galvatron. Megatron's new design looks suspiciously similar to Optimus's knight theme, right down to having a sword. We also see Megatron in the desert, as well as something that has crashed there. At the end of TF4, Galvatron appeared to escape in the Knight Ship. While on the ship, Galvatron discovered the Temenos and finds a sword of his own; when he picks up the sword, he regains his memories and is reformatted back into his Knight form, which explains his appearance and why he has returned to his original name.

The plot details and rumors suggest that Unicron will be involved in some capacity, and most people seem to think that he's the moon-sized thing appearing to devour the moon in the trailer. My theory is that what we see is not entirely Unicron, but a fraction of Unicron (his head, spark, or something similar), which the Quintessons are bringing to Earth in order to fully revive Unicron.

As for Optimus Prime, I know the two most popular theories are that a) he is reprogrammed by the Quintessons to help them, or b) the purple-eyed Prime we see fighting Bumblebee is an evil clone. Both of these options are compatible with my theory, but I lean toward the former just because it makes for a more interesting conflict if it's actually Optimus Prime and not just a copy.

tl;dr Transformers were created by Primus, but reprogrammed and enslaved by the Quintessons. Optimus regained his memories in AOE, and Megatron will do the same in TF5. Quintessons are trying to revive Unicron.

All right, I think that about covers it. The whole thing is really more speculation than theory, and like I said I haven't the slightest hope that any of this will be confirmed by the film. This was mostly just me having fun trying to get the movie continuity to mesh together without blatantly contradicting anything in the films themselves, and I figured I'd type it all up and share it with you guys.

If you read all this, I hope you got some enjoyment out of it. If you didn't, feel free to yell at me and tell me how stupid this is. :D 

• Like Like x 1
  2. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Seems to be a decent effort as any, although I think with this movie we also should be looking outside of the transformers lore and to other hasbro ip for a few elements of the plot

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout A face you can trust! Really!

I'm not sure the Quints can be made flush with the concepts at all, namely because it trivializes the importance of the AllSpark creating transformers by itself in the later part of the first film, puts into (further) question as to how exactly anything to do with the First Primes in ROTF makes sense - particuarly the First Primes still being alive in a way to talk to Sam when he's 'dead' because the Matrix is somehow a relic of multi-dimensional power, and then DOTM establishes the Decepticons have been active for decades (and suck at finding shit since Blackout and Frenzy pretty much waltzed right in to get info on where Megatron was, whereas an entire freakin' army of Decepticons never figured out they could hack the government while hacking NASA) AND ports Cybertron over to Earth temporarily and - had Sentinel succeeded - completely screwed up both planets in the process.

AoE exists just to pretty much soft-reset everything by killing most of the surviving cast, resurecting Megatron, and experiment with how profitable the Chinese box office was.

I guess the greater question is why exactly the Quints are even involved. Lockdown says they need Prime to 'clear the chessboard' or something but that doesn't say anything at all. Like, they let a fucking million-years war absolutely devestate the place to the point its godly battery was ejected into deep space, after The Fallen had been going around and exterminating entire planet populations because he hated fleshies for millions of years, and then Cybertron itself was left barren until the events of DOTM because the Quints didn't do shit with it until evidently it got destroyed as a byproduct of this unchecked civil war they were completely oblivious to. Cybertron was as good as destroyed anyway after the first film ultimately, and since apparently nobody remembered the Quints even being the true root cause of the birth of the Cybertronian species somehow they haven't been involved with it ever since, what the hell has changed such that they need dangerously mary-sue Prime at this point given the cybertronians nearly wiped themselves out already and that didn't even register on the squids' radar? The movies are guilty of too much tell, not enough show with how they are trying to keep building on this mythos in a series of retcons since simply starting from scratch and having all this shit planned in the first place both is not an option and already failed once when Aligned imploded.

• Like Like x 2
  4. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    This is a really good idea, but as much as I like TF1, TF2 and TF3 (screw TF4), it makes too much sense to be in these Movies.

• Like Like x 1
  5. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I still think we are going to find out that there were 13 Primes created by Primus and just like most other lore, Sulus Prime created the Well Of AllSparks and the AllSpark that powered it and created life but the Primes turned on each other for one reason or another and She was killed and a few others were mortality wounded. In all, 4 of the Primes, dead, wounded or chosen as guardians (including Optimus) descended into the Well.

Those 4 Primes (Solus, Micronus, Onyx and Optimus) would be the 4 Primes that all future TFs life would be based on that the AllSpark would create and would climb from the Well.

Alpha Trion would stay on Cybertron hidden and not reveal he was a true Prime. Liege Maximo would leave Cybertron and venture off to create his own new Cybertronian Civilization.

This would then leave 7 Primes active on Cybertron. The AllSpark would then start mass producing new TF life and all the new Cybertronians would come to know these 7 Primes as the first true Primes. Which would explain why Jetfire only mentions the 7 first Primes.

Later on Optimus would be reborn as Orion Pax and crawl from the Well not knowing who or what he was. Alpha Trion (now the Librarian of Cybertron) would take him under his wing so to speak and slowly build him up to once again being the Prime Alpha Trion knows he truely is.

From that point everything that happens in the movies is set.

Just my theory anyway:) 

• Like Like x 4
  6. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

That's an awesome effin theory by the way!

• Like Like x 1
  7. GoldenKnight1212

GoldenKnight1212 Well-Known Member

Google+:
    This is a great theory!