THEORY: Galvatron as a time traveler?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by JohnRedcorn, May 27, 2014.

1. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think a lot of people are going for the tried and true origins of Galvatron, but one thing I have noticed about the movies, is that they pull inspiration from different sources to create some mashup interperation of a certain character. I've been thinking perhaps, Galvatron is not exactly we would predictably imagine to be. In the Marvel comics, Galvatron was more or less a separate character, a time traveler and in other comics he was made out to be a separate ancient character, especially in IDW. Another time traveler in TF lore is Vector Prime who happens to have a circular chest piece similar to what AOE Galvatron has. Supposedly, the leaked early draft script for TF4 had a Vector Prime character who was a time traveler.

So what if AOE Galvatron was some ancient time traveling transformer, like a Vector Prime character found by humans and revived by the humans, but later gains control. Once in control of himself and gathers an army of Vehicons he searches for the "key" which has some power that he needs. Whatever Galvatron's fate is, Optimus Prime becomes the time traveling Transformers suped up in his silver deco and bids farwell.

Thoughts?

2. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Thats... Not too bad a theory, You lost my iterest at the end though.

3. waltyftm

waltyftm Walk on

Time travel is impossible, cool theory.

4. Heavynova

Heavynova Decepticon Tactician

Never heard of wormholes, the Tipler Cylinder, science fiction, etc., have you? But I digress...

5. tfdude333

tfdude333 Well-Known Member

Eh no that doesn't sound right for Galvatron.

6. AgentAlabama113

AgentAlabama113 Wily Old Buzzard

Interesting, but not likely.

7. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um, Space Bridge tech ;) 

The power to transport across space and time? Even Jetfire explained that Space Bridging was a time and or space travel.

8. JohnRedcorn

JohnRedcorn Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You can say that for a lot of the bayformers.

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream The Ultimate Golden Gamer

News Credits:
    I really, really, really, really think he's just made from Megatron and Sentinel.

However, I think it would be awesome for there to be a plot (in another sequel) involving the discovery of Vector Prime.

10. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

No they have said technically it should be possible it does not break any known laws of physics, the technology just isn't there. But that brings up a lot of other possibilities if it were achievable. Like the multiverse theory where its said that there are many dimensions co-existing with are own where events in history have in some cases unfolded much like our own with slight variations in some cases like going the long way home for work in one dimension were in this one you take a short cut, or drastic variations in others like the dinosaurs still ruling and never going extinct. Anyway they figure that theory solves the paradox problem in time travel and why technically it is possible just not achievable yet. That does beg the question if someone time jumps and changes the past or the future is it the past and future from their own dimension or another they are changing? That's how the paradox is solved in theory. The old question of if you go back in time and change the course of your own birth will you still exist? And if not how will you exist to go back and changes things in the first place? The theory answer could be it was because you are going back in time to a universe that isn't your own when things change it changes for that universe not yours and vice versa.

11. Heavynova

Heavynova Decepticon Tactician

You win the internet for the day. We can be friends now.

12. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

:thumb 

13. solusprime19

solusprime19 Disney, Dat knee

The part with the "silver knight"? Lost me...otherwise, I'd rather that happen, instead of a human built transformer. The Prime version of Nemesis Prime sucked, so this could too.

14. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    I don't think Transformers ever messed with time Travel outside of Beast Wars did it?

I mean there was once instance in G1 cartoon but that's pretty much it.

15. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Actually doesn't galvatron himself travel through time in one of the universe's??? Maybe your right but they unearth him badly disfigured so use megs and sentinels parts to repair him......would be a way of satisfying plenty of galvatron roles in one fell swoop

16. tonks00

tonks00 spec ed

Nothing can really be impossible in a movie about transforming robots fighting other transforming robots who happen to all be from an alien planet. Now Shia Labeouf getting with Megan Fox and that super model, that's impossible.

17. JayEm

JayEm オートボットさん

I really hope thats not the case.

18. waltyftm

waltyftm Walk on

Well said :) 

19. davidargile

davidargile Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It’s a good theory. I think bay may stay away from time travel overall in this movie as it can be messy in a film when not done well. I think this film may have a lot going for it and to bog it down with time travel and all what goes with it may be a wrong decision in this case.

20. Bodrum

Bodrum Member

Nice idea.

Time travel forms a major part of the original transformers comics. I think it was mainly brought in to facilitate fighting between Megatron and his future self Galvatron (who wouldn't want to see that fight?). Bit hazy but pretty sure the 2006 transformers traveled back in time to 1986. This caused initial infighting between factions (but then in the comics Shockwave and Scorponork were major decepticon characters that often jostled with Megatron for leadership).

I remember one story where Megatron was time displaced into the future and preceded to wreck the joint. He straight up murdered Cyclonus/Scourge/both of them without breaking a sweat.

Whilst this worked well in the comics, were character development was far greater than in the bayverse (but hey they had far more time/space to develop the characters), I doubt it would work very well in a movie sense. This is mainly to do with the lack of character development (excluding OP and BB) which makes it very confusing for the general public to differentiate between that murderous future robot and that other murderous present robot or even that murderous past robot over here.

The other reason is the confusion that the current Wolverine does everyin...ahem...X-Men movie creates with its time travel arc. Again this is well done in the Xmen literature/cartoon series but doesn't seem to translate well to the movie screen as the vast majority of movie-goers have little to no background knowledge on X-men.

Basically I think it would require a subtle hand to pull off this relatively complex idea in a way that doesn't alienate the majority of the audience. Is Bay the man to do this? No. Is the next guy? Maybe.