2D Artwork: THEORIZE2000's Transformers Art Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by THEOrize2000, Mar 21, 2019.

1. THEOrize2000

THEOrize2000 Well-Known Member

Hi guys, I haven't really posted on this site in a while and wanted to show some things that I am currently working on. Most of these projects are a big work in progress. I have a lot of ideas that are great, but prove difficult for me to bring into real life. Most of the work you see here will be sketches and most likely used for my portfolio. Thanks for taking a look and feel free to give comments and criticisms that can help me improve my work.

Megatron:
    Siege WFC Megatron is one of the only Megatron's I own besides his Animated iterations (Cybertron, and Shadowblade). I thought that this was the perfect G1 Megatron to add my collection, but felt something was off about him. So to remedy my issues with him, I designed a entirely new chest to improve his proportions and overall look. It is heavily based around the stock chest, and should blend perfectly with the figure. I currently do not own a 3D printer and therefore cannot test it out myself, but once I do own one, I plan to sell/upload this.
    0006.png
    Springer:
    Someone on Shapeways messaged me asking if I could create a replecement face for Open & Play Big Spring. Though I don't own him, I decided to make a model of Springer's face, in case he or anyone else decides to give measurements of the figure's face.

Springer.png

Bumblebee:
    I thought Studio Series Bee from the BumbleBee movie is an excellent figure and representation of the character. As my only studio series figure I wanted to give him a way to blend more into my CHUG collection. So I designed new hands for him and am currently working on a more G1 inspired face. The face has proven difficult to model but I am slowly getting the hang of it.

Bee Hands.png
    BumbleSketch.PNG
    BeeRender.png
    Autobot X:
    Autobot X has always been one of my favorite character designs because of his Frankenstein's Monster appearance. I sketched up a Headmaster/Titanmaster that I plan to model completely in the future.

AutobotX.png
    Rack&Ruin:
    The conjoined bros have always caught my eye. Though they don't have a transformation because of the procedure they underwent, I still want to make a transformable figure of them. This will be a large project 3D modeled from scratch, and hope I will be able to finish/produce it one day. I threw in some little joke heads in there as well :) .

RackAndRuin.png

Moonracer:
    I wish that there were more G1/Inspired fembot CHUG figures. Moonracer is my sister's only Transformer and saw potential to turn her altmode into something a little more interesting. Inspired by Voltron (who should be female because I don't see any manes on those lions lmao), I sketched up a Lion Head and legs designed to integrate with this mold. I thought this would be the perfect project to boost the Elita Combiner's interest. Regrettably we never really have money to spend on toys, but I hope we could collect the full PotP and Wfc fembots one day to complete this combiner and to look awesome on display. I have started modeling the Lion head, but am having trouble figuring out the proportions.

LionRacer.png

Soundwave:
    Soundwave has always been my all time favorite Transformers. I wanted to make an art piece based around him. This is still a large WIP as well, but it will later include a handful of his minions.

SoundWip.png

Death's Head:
    Death's Head has a great character design that is a perfect balance of goofy and badass. He popped back up in my head recently, and I've had the urge to create more art involving him. He is one of the few non-TF characters I know of (in Transformers) that appear to be Transformers sized. Eventually I hope I can complete a Death's Head and Garnak Figure to scale with my collection.

This is really the first time I have sculpted a head from scratch in Blender using their sculpting tools. He humbly started from a ball and evolved into a head. I plan to attach this to my Marvel Legends Death's Head II figure as a secondary head until I can make/mod a full figure. I should be able to print all my projects now that my local library has an assembly of 3D printers I can use for free (except it has a waiting list -_- so it might take a while.) Hopefully I can get majority of the projects I want to get printed done so I can put them in my portfolio for college.

Death's Head WIP Render.png Death's Head G1 WIP.png

I have a lot more art that I could share, but wanted to keep it to these for now. Thanks for looking again, and feel free to give me any suggestions :) . Thanks, Theo.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  2. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I hope the Bee head sees the light of day because I haven’t seen one like it yet

• Like Like x 1
  3. destrongerlupus

destrongerlupus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A lot of very clever choices and designs here.

Stagwolf is always available for print-tests and small runs for pieces I like personally, just in case you get sick of dealing with Shapeways etc.

4. THEOrize2000

After loads of Trial and Error and tweaking, I think I'm satisfied with how it came out. The back of the head still needs to be modeled to integrate with the figure but that isn't really too hard to do. For all of my 3D projects, I may wait until I have a printer. I just graduated from High School last year, and need to get the ball rolling on a job and going to college :/. It might be awhile, but at least I'll have something to show for now.

BeeRender.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. THEOrize2000

Started modeling Autobot X's face today. Just have to model the Helmet and then move on towards the task of creating the Spike Headmaster body.

AutobotX Progress.png

6. THEOrize2000

I think that the face portion of the Autobot X Headmaster is done for now. I tried perfecting some of the elements I used in my quick sketch . I still want to add some rivets and pieces of sheet metal to make him seem like he was cobbled together. I also made his ace substantially longer than the one in my sketch to give a more confused, and braindead look similar to the cartoon.

Autobot X Face.png

• Like Like x 2
  7. Reaper6

Reaper6 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Your 3D modeling work looks really good.

• Like Like x 1