Then & Now - Your Feelings Towards Animated

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Kickback, Mar 4, 2008.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    When I first saw the promo pic, I hated it like I've never hated any TFs before.

Now I swear by it like it's the frikkin' bible. I can't love it more.

The fuck happened in between, I have no idea.

2. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    I wasn't too sure about it when the promo image first leaked. Now It's grown on me a bit but not enough for me to say I love it. I'm impressed by the engineering the designers put into the toys to make them look like their on-screen counterparts and I intended to buy at least the main show Autobots and a few select characters I liked, but now I think I might only get Megatron and Grimlock since it makes no sense to me to waste money on toys I don't really like the looks of. Plus I intend to buy two each of the Classicverse 2.0 toys, so I need the extra money for that.

3. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I was at first with doubts, but I´m so glad I was wrong:D 

4. Black Oracle

Black Oracle Black Convoy's Dark Angel

News Credits:
    I was among the open-minded when i first heard of and saw the promo pictures for TF:A. I certainly thought the TFs' new stylized designs would take some getting used to, but i was more glad of a return to 2D animation and i was definitely encouraged to hear that the animators for Teen Titans and Justice League were doing the animation, plus a return to American writing was music to my ears. At the same time, I tried not to hold too high an expectation for TF:A after the dryness of the A/E/C series, so that i wouldn't be disappointed with whatever the show turned out to be like. But after seeing some of the eps now, i am very pleased that TF:A has gone beyond my moderate expectations. It really is what TFs on TV has been needing for a while now: a new compelling twist on the TFs mythos, good Westernized writing and dialogue and interesting characterization!

5. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Then: A little wary of the look.

Now: Liking it more and more due to a lot of factors including the G1 In Jokes.

6. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    At first I felt like Matt Moylan, but after I saw pictures of the toys, and cartoon, I was pushed off the fence. They were awesome, and i had decided to get a select few. Then I saw colored pictures, and now I'm getting most of 'em.

7. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

When I first saw: Fuckin' Yeah!

Now: Mega-Fuckin' Ultra-yeah!

8. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
  9. Robimus

Robimus Wanna'be Cassettebot

News Credits:
    In the beginning I disliked the look of several characters, notably Optimus Prime. Now, I still don't think much of the art but the story and G1 tie ins make it so much fun. I still doubt if I'll pick up many of the toys, but really am liking the show. The Megatron subplot from show to show is really excellent and the Soundwave episode was my favorite thus far. My wait and see approach on the plot and writing has paid off as I suspected it would.

10. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

First saw it: Hated the art style but hoped solid writing and interesting characters would draw me into the series.

Now: Still hate the art style and find the actual animation lacking (seriously has Fanzone ever had anything close to a proper lip sync?).

I'm not really digging any of the characters yet (with the possible exception of one of Blitzwing's heads (the Klink one) and that at most is 1/3 of a character).

The writing (with all it's nods to other series) does nothing for me. I just for the life of me can not get into it. I've watched all the episodes thus far hoping to tap into the love that some are getting from the show but I just can't find it for myself. It's a painfully mediocre show in my eyes. If it were any other show I would have been done after the first 3. However, with it being TFs and all I can't quite get myself to give up outright. I keep hoping it will just click with me and get cool, but I'm not sure how many more episodes I can stomach.

11. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

At first I wasn't sure. It was a style change that I wasn't sure of. However after watching the series, I really have grown to love this series and at the moment is right up there along with G1 and BW as a favorite series.

12. hutchprime

hutchprime Made of sterner stuff

News Credits:
    Then: First promo pic, kind of 'whaaa??' then I saw the style sheets and was all "Heck YEAH".

Now: Buying figs early at preposterous prices on eBay.

13. Blue Meanie

Blue Meanie Hello from the Gutter

Tried to wait with an open mind but thought for sure I'd pass on the toys.

Now I like the toys, and its the first show I have watched faithfully since Beast Wars.

14. Optimus62

Optimus62 War For Cybertron!!!!!

When I first saw the leaked images I was very skeptical. :inquisiti  No to much about the show content but more about the character design. The designs seem so unconventional and extreme. :crazy:  But that skeptism didn't last long. Once I saw the premier, the character designs didn't seem so extreme. Hell, I really didn't see the designs so much. I was more interested in the content of the show. They have done a great job on the character development on this series and the animation is excellent in my opinion. :thumbs2:  Animated makes Saturday mornings fun again. :D 

:rock  Viva Animated! :rock 

15. darksage78

darksage78 Maximal

Unchanged, I'm still enjoying it just like I did when I first saw the promo clips. Good story telling, much better than the previous three series and I enjoy the generally fresh cast of voices. Music is ok, Soundwave episode really annoyed me though. Not quite up to par with BW yet but hopefully it gets there once the ball gets rolling with Megatron's return. Only thing it has fallen short of so far is that Optimus needs some more development after all he only got that one episode with flashback to Elita-1, but the other characters have gotten fleshed out pretty well. My primary gripe is that the toys won't be out sooner.

16. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At first I was excited as this looked to be very interesting both in terms of style and story. I remeber thinking that if these designs were carried over to the toys and if the writing was as good as BW, then this show would be a hit. I had no problems with CN as they were going to have a vested intrest in it so I doubt that they'd screw it up.

Now... it has exceded my wildest imaginations. The stories are well thought out and full of character development and fan nods. These writers get it. (I hope they get invited to a Botcon someday) The toys are proving to be some of the best engineered Hasbro has produced.

The fact that fans are discussing things about this show like a bunch of excited kids makes it even more fun. Everything from the speculation that the Ark might be Omega Supreme to guessing as to where the writers are taking the plot. And every TF series is getting a nod from G1 to the movie.

I'm looking forward to this show every weekend so I guess I have to say I like it more, much more than I did when I first saw the original pics.

17. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Loved the idea when the first few images leaked out.

...still love it now. Great, great show.

18. AutobotMarine

AutobotMarine Banned

Ebay:
    Honestly, I first thought Animated was going to be terrible. That was until I saw some of the preview clips just before the series was launched, I changed my mind about Animated. Even though the designs still don't beat the designs that were in the previous shows, the show is still good. I'll be colecting a few of the figures, but we'll just have to see....

Btw, why are there still people bashing Cybertron till this day? Cybertron was a great show, atleast it didn't suck like BM or Energon.

19. Hotspot17

Hotspot17 Search and Rescue: Vet

News Credits:
    Was very very reserved when the first pics were released. Even at Botcon, was not sure if I would like it or not.

Now I have been faithfully watching every new episode and want to have every figure in this series/line. They really did a great job with the storylines, developing each character and at the same time putting tons of G1 homage into each episode. It feels like G1 all over again.

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    First impression: I thought the original promo pic of just Optimus was beyond terrible, and to be fully honest it was. I still cringe whenever they use the "full front with mask up" image of Optimus' face in promo material. It's really the least flattering drawing ever seen.

After a few better images and clips came to light, I had a small revelation, mainly thinking "Why do I have a problem with cartoony Transformers, when I enjoy and create cartoony material in every other genre?" When the first images of toys appeared, I was similarly shocked to see that it was possible to make transforming toys with such a high degree of accuracy to the stylized material.

Given a little time to get used to things, I was cautiously optimistic going in, and so far the show appears to be living up to expectations mostly. Only general disappointments so far are humans that appear to have a more extreme style than the robots, and a 5-6 month delay between show and toyline releases in this country.