The year.......2010.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tigertrack, Aug 5, 2010.

1. red4

red4 Banned

The only promise for the future I've been anticipating is WW3. Think about it. Apple, Starbucks, and all their yuppies wiped out in one fell swoop. Sure, there are bound to be peripheral casualties, but they would be noble sacrifices. Remarkably, you would find that newly born children no longer exhibit A.D.D., or any other bullshit disease that, for some reason, only Westerners "suffer" from. Also, there wouldn't be anymore cellphone towers or satellite relay stations, so people would stop gluing their damned eyes to their iPhones while out in public.

Unless of course you're all anticipating the version of the future where we're all a bunch of Hutts with siphons jammed up our urethras.

2. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

The problem with self automation relies,it too much on the computer grid system. a self automated system run solely by personal computers would be a far worse fate, than actual people driving manually the flying car.

computers chrash,lose power & lose signal if it hooked up to a grid/network. personal computers have lower power,chrash more,freeze up,lose GPS signal & so forth.

I don't think they'll be that many car insurance companies that excited or willing to insure people driving flying cars. at best the flying car company will have to create automobile insurance companies within their company to personally take on the liability of flying cars.

DOT is another problem. you'll need a trained instructor willing enough to get in the flying car & give you a driving test & possible lessons. A simple waiver without a road test & skill test won't happen. especially considering the DOT goes the extra mile to require a road test & skills test for a motorcycle & boating liscenses.

currently their running into the problem of the hydrogen water fueled cars. because the car companies who make them. need to simultanely build hydrogen stations in order for cars to re-fueled. oil/gas companies are putting a major road block because they don't want to loose billions/trillions in profits. (Yeah even though it would save oil & prevent america from begging it's enemies for oil. the billion owners of oil companies have zero compassion/care.)

then there is the risk of flying cars crashing into buildings & other stuff. doing far more damage than a mere car could ever dream of doing.

don't forget about the police. these flying cars won't simply be allowed to cruise the air,run speed limits,cause accidents without being caught by the police. the police need to form a network in the air to police drivers flying cars. with the Global economy not doing well. I just don't see the world govenrments spending billions to create a air global/nations police network in the skies for drivers flying cars.

Don't forget about about the huge air plane companies that fly planes in the air. each company world wide owns certain heights of the air. to prevent planes from chrashing into each other. I highly doubt the global air plane companies will allow & adjust their set air waves to allow flying cars to cruise the skies. a car flying the speeds of hundreds of miles per hour could do some extreme damage to a huge air plane carrying hundreds of passengers.
    such fatalities are not worth the risk or the risk of developing the flying car technology.

LASTLY,as long as there are TERRORIST willing to harm human lives,there will never be a flying car. the terrorist would use that flying car to purposely smash into building,bridges,army bases,monuments,people in large areas & so forth. The damage done by flying cars by terrorist would out weigh the need for some rich guys petty needs to cruise the air waves in a flying car.

3. Shed

Shed New Member

[​IMG]

I thought many houses had these :sly: 

And I'm glad we're nowhere near the technology promised in the 60's if it means we haven't solved issues between ethnicities and economic brackets. The whole "exodus to outer space" was supposed to be a solution to our planet's overpopulation but the poorest will stay; their lot in life unchanged

Still want my jetpack though.

4. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    We kinda have those at Walmart, Target, and every single store.

Not to mention those doors in China that slide.

But I suppose they'd be cool in our houses. I guess......

I wasn't sure what to think back in the day what we'd have today. But the whole technology used in Avatar blew me away, and the stuff they use in DisneyLand's "World of Color" is fantastic... and the tech in the new Harry Potter ride in Universal, Orlando. The iPhone is cool, and that 3-DS coming out, the CGI these days, and other stuff.

5. CrypticIllusionist

CrypticIllusionist Well-Known Member

"Cool, just like in Star Tre--OOF!"

6. Boulder

Boulder Rock Lord

Most of the stuff that Magnum PI told me about in those "You Will" commercials came true: GPS, Video On Demand, Video Conferencing, Electronic Ticket Purchases, PDAs.

I remember a teacher telling us back in '83 that we wouldn't have to carry money in the future, that all our money would be on a little card that looked like our library card. I remember thinking that that sounded crazy. Now I only have a few bucks in my wallet next to my CheckCard.

7. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I remember back in 1983 we bought our first VCR. It was big and heavy.

I remember the first time I've heard about HDTV's was back in 1991.

My dad told me he can remember hearing about cable TV back in the early 1960's.

8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Touche...

10. dx-skullgraymon

dx-skullgraymon Well-Known Member

in a galaxy far far away.......

11. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Figured we'd be farther along with the hologram tech these days.
    Don't know if tv can get any clearer.

12. Tigertrack

Tigertrack Back In The Game!

Hopefully we'll keep progressing and see some major advances and NOT kill us off.

13. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart. RIP Spike and Mojo.

super markets?

14. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I was expecting something like Mad Max, Robo Cop or The Omega Man.

No worries, though, The Road/Book of Eli will be happening to us in no time.