The Wreckers

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by electronic456, Feb 5, 2013.

1. bumblebear

bumblebear Well-Known Member

im hope leadfoot with steeljaw in tf4

2. jamspeed

jamspeed Follow me on Instagram _jamspeed_

Ebay:
    I wouldn't say they completely avoided the Redneck thing. I mean look at them, Aside from being NASCAR, Roadbuster has a ball cap and a mullet (see the HA toy) and Leadfoot has the beer belly and bubba beard. I like the designs but for me don't half ass it, If they were supposed to be "southern" by looking at the designs, just go all out!

3. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They only avoided being stereotypes because they avoided having any kind of character.

They yell and shoot and the movie is over before they get to breath between shooting, I know they're going to reboot it lightly for TF4 but I think they should keep the wreckers since they were introduced near the movie's last act and thus didn't have any time to BE who they are. Don't pull a Jolt and just kick character away to the moon again if you please.

4. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pretty much this ^

Also, i doubt we'll see them return due to the only confirmed returning members being Optimus and Bumblebee. Ratchet will probably be back just for the sake fo having another member of the original movie but the Wreckers were just their as you said... they had no character other than shoot stuff.

5. Malozz

Malozz Wrecker

I liked the homage of them having British accents, but thought design-wise they were straight garbage. Leadfoot was the worst! How can a robot have a sagging gut? A little ridiculous. Lets hope Bay takes a better approach to the design of all the Transformers this time, and hopefully the toys will be better than DOTM....

6. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Dammit people, why the Hell are their so many whiners complaining about the Bayformers films. I can't freaking stand it when whiny GEEWUNNERS complained about Michael Bay raping their childhood. It was the 80's and they are the ones who liked the stupid ass cartoon, and ignore the AWESOME comc. Geez, this is why were gonna be the next Marvel "True Believers". Can't freaking stand the fandom sometimes.

7. Malozz

Malozz Wrecker

Lets not forget the topic of this thread which is the Wreckers from DOTM. I like all 3 movies for what they are and never once mentioned G1. All I'm saying is that out of all the characters from the film they looked the worst, and the resulting toys sucked even worse then their onscreen appearances.

I'm a huge Wrecker fan BECAUSE OF THE COMICS

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    As the guy you quoted just said above, he never even mentioned anything about G1 when giving his opinion of the DotM Wreckers (apart from maybe the vague reference of a homage to their original British comic origins). If anything you're the one that seems to be obsessed by G1 by keep bringing up your hatred of 'Gewunners'. Besides which, Malozz says he liked the three Bay movies, which means he cannot, by definition, be a Gewunner.

9. TransRavak25

TransRavak25 Maximal

I really liked them but theyre not really wreakers, I think tht name was just sort of tagged on to try and appeal to fans

10. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    If you're incapable of handling anyone who criticizes the Bay films, either through comparison to previous incarnations or simply in terms of general storycraft and cinematica (as has been the case in this thread), how are you any better?

I didn't mind the wreckers, but they way they were used in the film seemed thrown-together and superfluous. The designs were neat. The fact that they were rough around the edges and hard-fightin was a nice nod to their original UK comic incarnations, but did the movieverse Autobots really need a few more gritty warriors with attitude? I also didn't understand how their alt-modes tied into their characters, their backstory, or the movie as a whole. It sort of seemed like "hey, let's put some NASCAR vehicles in the movie, and hey, some people want the wreckers. Put em together, two birds, one stone. What? There's a stereotype requirement for all new characters? Make 'em low-class brits. Noone's gonna notice."

If anything, they were a pretty good example of both the strengths and weaknesses in the later two films of the Bay Franchise.

11. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    I'm just sick and tired of looking at whiny complainers. You do remember Don Murphy's Forum for the first movie, right? Jesus Christ, some of does people.

Oh god, Don's gonna come after me now, isn't he?

Anyway, I liked them. Leadfoot was my favorite.

12. Aernaroth

News Credits:

You're sick and tired of whiny complainers. So you complain about them. Does not help things.

Leadfoot was definitely the most "non-traditional" bodytype of the three, and other than turning into a stock car, I'd say his bodyshape fit their characters the best, and I liked it when the movieverse was trying to push the envelope with how Transformers look (especially when they were able to translate it into toy form). His name was the most obviously applicable of the three (although he did break the pattern of using names from previously established wreckers), given it's connotations and previous use in racing car transformers. I even liked Steeljaw, though I guess they figured they had enough robot animals in the movie franchise already.

13. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Steeljaw wouild of been epic!

14. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    I honestly can't think of a place they could have put him in the film that would have fit beyond a superficial background role, a shoe-horned in "here's his 5 seconds in the spotlight, buy his toy kids" scene, another example of the already overused "look at how strong and brutal the Autobots are!" motif, or another toilet humor gag. We might be better off.

15. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    But by complaining about complaining you're really no better.

Maybe I'm no better either complaining about the complaining about the complaining.

The thing is though you've gone off the subject of discussing the movies and started to discuss the people discussing the movies. This is the 'Movie Discussion' forum. Not the 'People You Hate' discussion forum.

But if you're sick and tired of looking at 'whiny complainers' (your opinion of course) then perhaps you should just stop looking because things aren't going to change no matter how much you cry about it.

16. Escargon

Escargon Meh.

News Credits:
    Okay!

17. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

I love Roadbuster's shoulder missile pods. Hot damn.

18. Karis Mahid

Karis Mahid My fiancee is the avatr

They are autobots and I hate the autobots.

19. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I thought they were okay.
    They aeemed to be featured more than most of the Transformers.
    They weren't as bad ass as other Wreckers but they okay.

20. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Yea, but all of the Transformers are just showhorned background effects. Unless its Optimus or BB, they're not characters anyway.
    As someone in the forums once said, the movies should have renamed, the Adventures of Sam and his robot friends.
    What harm would it have done to add one more sfx animation to the movie?