The Workplace and Your Love of Transformers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Gravitybot, Jun 4, 2014.

1. Gravitybot

Gravitybot Well-Known Member

I'm constantly amazed when I meet other business professionals all over the country and find out that they are huge Transformers fans. It's always exciting and you tend to develop an instant bond with these people as you discuss animated series, movies, comics, and toys. I would love to hear from you all what you do for a living and how you've brought your love for Transformers into your workplace.

I myself worked on the development of a new accounts payable product for business customers of a larger financial institution. We ended up calling it TRANSFORM and used transforming jump drives to send product info to prospective customers!

Thanks for sharing!

2. SureShotSniper

SureShotSniper What?!

News Credits:
    My office is filled with transformers :D  So if anyone comes into my office, they instantly know I'm a TF geek.

3. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I haven't met any co-workers who are fans like I am, but most people know I am due to the few items I have in my office. My Alternators collection is here, along with a few bobble heads and pretty much all of the recent Generations Legends.

4. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime *SCREAMS* Super Mod

News Credits:
    Same here. I wear my fandom on my sleeve at work, for better or worse. Most of my G2 collection lives in my office so anyone walking in is blinded by the neon goodness. XD

5. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Surprisingly my office has a few folks who are completed nerds. My office manager loves anime and cosplays at local conventions.

My cube is covered in Transformers merchandise: figures, posters, comics, etc. I even have a fish named Ultra Magnus: the Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Cubicle Decor :lol 

Every so often I get a client who is interested in the ways of the nerd and is willing to shop talk with me. It doesn't happen to often though.

6. Fretburn

Fretburn We need Instrument TFs

My coworkers think I'm weird enough as it is, I don't much feel like adding to it by explaining my hobby of collecting children's toys.

7. jerryitus

jerryitus Transformer vacuum

I sometimes bring lunch-time purchases back to the office, co-workers typically giggle at them, not sure they know the depth of my obsession...

8. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    No one else at my office is a Transfan. My cubicle is full of my toys on display in battle scenarios. I have different areas dedicated to different scales, like a Human Alliance section and a Cyberverse section.
    I have a spreadsheet I use to keep track of how long a toy has been in my cube. Everyday I pick one from home to bring to work. I add it to the top of the spreadsheet. Whichever's on the bottom of the spreadsheet I remove and take home that evening.
    This is also where I take most of my custom pics. The lighting at my desk is better than home and my phone takes pretty good pics...

9. Gravitybot

Gravitybot Well-Known Member

That is the most organized approach to showcasing one's collection I've ever heard. Great stuff!

On average, how long does a figure get showcased?

10. Asher Tye

Asher Tye Cassetticon

Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Pinterest:
    Well, the reissue of Soundwave currently stands watch over my computer at work along with Masterpiece Ravage and Buzzsaw. Makes it so much easier to pack them up at night. Perceptor is also present and I'd love to find a Reflector to add to the mix. Tarantulas was also there for a bit but I was asked to remove him. Apparently a giant spider unnerved one of the maintenance staff.

I do happen to know that the Dinobots are sitting on my neighbor's desk.

11. Jochimus

Jochimus Sandwiches? Blimey, whatever did I give the wife?

I'm the only sci-fi geek in our office, but fortunately nobody gives a crap, so I've got one half of my workspace covered in Marvel Legos and the other half covered in PRIME figures.

12. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I currently have a few G1 duplicates on my desk at work (Topspin, Breakdown, Drapstrip, Warpath). They are joined by Eggbots Eggtimus Prime and Egg-atron.

I also have the newer Thundercats mini figures of Slithe and Mumm-Ra along with a wind-up Darth Vader to keep them company.

13. racbgar

racbgar Well-Known Member

I just started a job at a call center for Waste Management and once my training is over next week i am going to have some of my transformers figures with me. I don't know which ones yet I am still deciding. It is funny for the new TF movie coming out Waste management has it advertised on their bill stating that their trucks are going from the street to the screen on June 27. and one girl is complaining about it. i just find it funny.

14. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    At best where I work the store manager caught me plugging my media device into the TV to watch the Season 2 finale of Transformers: Prime and we talked new, movies and classics for a bit. Not an office job like some of you guys, but as close as I'll get.

15. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

We have eight sets of 24KV to 500KV transformers rated at 900MVA. Is suppose that's some sort of tribute?

16. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    Obviously, Animated Wreck-gar.

17. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I was a teacher for years, 5th grade special ed, and would sometimes let students borrow my G1 DVDs or show them during lunch as a reward. I didn't really let on to my obsession with my co-workers, though. No point, really, especially since 90% were older women.

18. Neo Tallgeese

Neo Tallgeese Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've decorated a couple of areas of my classroom with a few minicons and what ever other sized I decide to bring on a particular day (today it's Rhinox that my wife and kids got me for my birthday). Each day our class has a daily agenda posted on the board. You can see what decoration I have for the agenda. :D 

Attached Files:

19. Girl Pants

Girl Pants aka brickonator

News Credits:
    I keep a toy or two on my desk (currently Masterpiece Soundblaster with the Figuarts Daft Punk duo) and I have a Nick Roche print on my wall.

Co-workers haven't really ever said anything other than (oh hey, you must have seen the movie last summer, etc) but quite a lot of my students (17-20 year olds) give me cool comments for them. I had one student get too distracted by my Chogokin Gunbuster that I had to put it away, lol.

20. transtrekkie

transtrekkie On the level.

My desk is on a constantly rotating basis. There right now I actually have very little, Henkei Megatron, Classics Prime, Generations Whirl, Alternators Shockwave, Generations Shockwave and Starscream, Classics Starscream, Bluestreak, Henkei Rodimus, and the Walmart Mirage repaint.

But, I've been known to have huge collections there. At one point I even had a Cobra Terrordrome.