The Weird World of Collecting?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mitch FIN Keith, Oct 19, 2011.

1. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

I know we all have some odd stories from all the years of collecting. Big scores for little to know money? Or just the reaction from people. What ever it may be, lets hear it.

I'll start with one that happen to me today.

I went to Ross today and i found 2 RTS Bumblebees, which was sweet cause i needed two for a set of upcoming customs im doing. So i take it up to the register and the women told me the total was $15.something, so i hand her a ten, a five, and a one. she hands me back some coins and then a $20. I told her that i only gave her $16 and she said no you gave me $35. I said im pretty sure that i gave you $16. She said i know that you gave me $35, so just take your change and leave.

So i tryed to be honest and she fought me and was rude. I then sent my girlfriend back in with the $20 to pick up Perceptor. So if you are not too good with math, I made $4 off the bumblebee deal and then bought Percep for $7, after all is said and done im done $3 and up 3 figures. and dont think it was shady, i really tryed to give the money back and she refused

2. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    At least you were trying to be honest... I've had a similar experience picking up a $250 leather jacket at retail for $4.35ish after tax told her she was wrong and she got short with me I paid garabed the coat and left as well sooo who knows? For collecting though, well while this isn't a retail story grabbed a box of G1 and Beast Wars box of 37 figures (12 G1, 25 beast wars) all in good/decent shape for $15. High lights were G1 optimus complete and G1 Soundwave with 7 cassettes also complete at a garage sale last summer.

3. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

jealous of the soundwave

4. Bruticon

Bruticon The DVJ Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks but he was one of the most worn figures used it to repair my childhood one which was in great shape because I broke the cassette deck off like the second day i had him so I never played with him after. I was more excited to see ravage, rumble, frenzy, overkill, and slugfest with all their weapons... May I should recheck and make SURE their not KO's Any ways yea I was STOKED