The Weird Facts About Yourself Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BScorpinok75, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I had no idea that the actor that played Mikey on the Goonies was the same person who played Samwise Gamgee in LOTR until yesterday. Got a lot of ridicule for this from friends. They're still making fun of me over it.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Oh hell, really? I saw the Goonies once and never connected the two.

I'll add something myself:
    I tried going into the military when I was young, but was denied because I had suffered a compound fracture of my lower leg years prior.

• Like Like x 3
  3. marvel b

marvel b Bearer of the Matrix of Smash

News Credits:
    i'm in my mid-20s, looks in late 40s with a beard, late teens without, acts like a 7 year old that can also act mature like an elderly civilian depending on the situation.

i also enjoy memes.

• Like Like x 1
  4. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Banned

11. I look older than I actually am. This has lead to things like running a lemon aid stand with a friend and having an adult pull me off to the side saying "It's cute when a little kid has a lemon aid stand but it's creepy when a teenager does it." I was 9. Also had someone ask me on Halloween "Aren't you a little old to still be trick or treating?" The guy I use to be friends with was a year older than me and they only asked me that question. Was also out in front of a store when an older man asked me if I had a lighter and when I told him how young I was he said he thought I was 21, I was in 6th grade at the time. Once on the bus a younger girl sitting in front of me asked if I was a teacher, I said no I'm just a couple grades above you. Then she asked how many years I was held back... I was never held back not even once. Also more recently like about maybe five years ago my ex girlfriend's neibors thought I was her dad... she's a year older than me.

12. I once had a dream that felt like I lived a whole other life time. I was born into an Amish community. At 16 I went out into the real world, decided to leave he Amish church. Got a job as a firefighter. Got married. Had a daughter. Got divorced when my daughter was in high school because my wife decided she couldn't keep worrying whenever I went to work if I was going to come home. She made me choose between work and her and I stupidly chose to throw my life away so she left me and got full custody of our daughter. I secretly attended her high school graduation, college graduation and crashed her wedding without her even realizing I was there. As I got older at some point I was diagnosed with Alzheimer's and put in a home for a while. My daughter got me out and tried to reconnect with me several times but I was too far gone and didn't realize she was there. Then I hear about a fire on my parent's farm and forgetting that I'm retired I go there to try and put it out. It starts raining and my daughter shows up worried sick for the first time in years we actually reconnect with each other just as I die in her arms. That's a full 90 years of an entirely different life that I some how experienced in 8 hours of sleep.

What makes this even weirder is I didn't know about the Amish tradition of Rumspring until a year after I had this dream.

13. My bedroom looks like a 7 year old sleeps there. I've got a Darth Caedus build a bear in my bed, several lightsabers, the room is full of Transformers toys that are just everywhere, I have toy boxes full of other figures I have no room to display, I still have artwork from elementary school on my walls, except for one wall which has posters from all the plays I've worked... nothing in my room would lead anyone to believe this is an adult's bedroom.

In case you're keeping track, I'm actually 32, look approximately 40, have lived 90 years in a different life, and I'm still a child at heart... I'm like 169 years old if you add it all together. Lol

14. When people younger than me don't know about common things from my childhood like the difference between a VHS and a Cassette tape I feel old. When people older than me talk about common things from their childhood I don't know about I feel young... is this what being middle aged is like, am I middle aged? I haven't done anything crazy yet... unless growing my hair out hoping no one will notice I'm slowly gong bald counts. Though when I've always been crazy to begin with I'm not sure what would actual qualify as mid life crisis crazy.

5. Rodimus74

Rodimus74 Well-Known Member

I numb myself with weed.

6. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I can't keep still but I do not have ADHD.
    I am somewhat of a pervert.
    I don't like banjo-kazooie 1 or 2 but I like nuts and bolts
    I am a loud mouth but quiet around new people
    I hate cute things (some cute things.)
    I move to much in the bed sense I can't seem to get comfortable.
    I am gross dialogue wise but I don't like gross stuff
    I have a wired voice which makes people think I'm slow or something.
    I get bothered by the littlest things in life.
    I used to collect skylanders.
    I am a user on TFW2005.

• Like Like x 1
  7. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I have four or so titanium plates, plus a surgical clip in my head. They are the result of brain surgery that I had 2015 to drain fluid (hydrocephalus) and remove a tumor.

Gonna make going through airport security real interesting.

8. Sam's_Bee

Sam's_Bee College Autobot

Per the Goonies comment, if I hadn't already looked it up I'd have missed it (face blind for the win!).
    My hair defies hair gel unless it's that hair putty/wax kind of stuff. That takes liberal applications and I still manage to look like a rock hopper penguin.
    School pictures days we're a pain in the ass growing up.

• Like Like x 2
  9. marvel b

News Credits:
    1. I have three childhood grudges that are extremely dumb….so I am going to work on removing those hatreds.
    2. my right pinky toe is nearly inside my foot, due to constant stubbing and family genetics.
    3. i'm allergic to watermelon and golden crisps. (just causes a sore throat, but still...)
    4. i'm not very good at English, even though it's my native language...

10. Hannah

Hannah Shockwave above all!

I have Ulcerative Colitis (Inflammatory Bowel Disease)

11. TheWarPathGuy

TheWarPathGuy Tougher than Leather.

I eat cereal.
    But without the milk.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Meta777

Meta777 Dr Pepper Fan

Oh hey, me too. Guess we're both eligible for the Salty Spitoon!

• Like Like x 4
  13. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I'm a control freak. I can't trust people to do something and I also can't allow someone else to lead me. I have to be in a leadership position.

I'll always opt to do something myself rather than ask someone else to do it. If I have to ask someone else I'm always anxious over whether or not it will get done. Experience has taught me it either doesn't get done or it's half-assed.

I have trust issues I guess.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

-I can remember the most trivial thing (Transformers, tv characters, etc) but can’t solve complex math problems to save my life
    -I’m still single, probably due to my lack of social skills, introverted personality and shyness around, well any woman and I can’t seem to know what to say (when I do try, I sound a bit like the Hollywood Nerd, high pitch/ nasal voice)
    -I immerse myself in fiction to avoid what’s going on in the world (that’s another sites forum)
    -I’m a bird person......I’m allergic to most cat/ dog breeds and I’ve inherited my mother’s Meyer’s Parrot (who already pretty much started to bond with me before she was mine)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

Interesting. It affects everyone differently I guess.

I never found it to numb me. Instead I become incredibly introspective and analytical. My mind is opened to consider things that I have always ignored or just escaped me.

Sometimes that introspection gets turned inwardly though and I start picking myself apart. I try not to do that though because it sucks.

It's definitely a mind opening thing. For better or worse depending on the individual timing and, I guess, strain.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  16. marvel b

News Credits:
    So my hatreds from earlier? Done. Now they don't bother me. Turns out I was just too lazy to rethink those moments....like most stuff in my emotional life

Same, except the allergic thing. Birds are cool, though.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Drangleic

Drangleic Banned

I can't do number 2 in public bathrooms and have been that way since I was a kid.

I will literally hold it all day until I get home rather than use one.

I just think about all the other people who craped on that toilet and get sceeved out.

• Like Like x 1
  18. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I'm a control freak, and very OCD. I also have major clinical depression and am on meds for it.

I have four or five metal plates in my skull and a surgical metal clip in my neck from brain surgery in 2015 to remove a tumor.

19. JazzIsBack

JazzIsBack Well-Known Member

I think pregnant women are very attractive.

• Like Like x 1
  20. marvel b

News Credits:
    I have a VERY bad fear of people who overwatch me, like CSMs or Managers for no reason... Even if they call me over to just say good job, my nerves shut get wreck.....

Also, my foot is itchy...