The Walmart.com New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dereka138, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Arnhide

Arnhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn, I’ll have to try and find that post. Could’ve been a fever dream...

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don’t beat yourself up over it. I don’t think I ever said anything like that, but then again I don’t remember what I had for breakfast this morning. Lol.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Getting old is a b*tch. :lol 

• Like Like x 7
  4. Arnhide

Arnhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Must’ve been a fever dream lol.

5. Sdangler6565

Sdangler6565 Hi, my name is Scott. I’m a plastic crack addict

Galaxy shuttle shipped and should be here tomorrow. I’m not holding my breathe.

6. Cool Hand Lube

Cool Hand Lube Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ordered my kitty litter and tossed a $25 Override on the order just for the hell of it.

7. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Yeah, they aren't making very much money on these items at all. The real strategy is, when they have these desirable exclusives, it gets you to walk into Wal-mart looking for them. Even better if the item isn't there when you come to buy it, because then you'll come back multiple times looking for it. And when you're going to Wal-mart anyway, chances are you're going to buy something from Wal-mart. The Waltons have been employing a very long game strategy; they offer very low prices on common sundries because they can use the economics of scale to ride the line of profitability, and also make it so their competitors gradually drop out of the business, being unable to compete with Wal-mart's prices on those common items. They were able to check the right boxes and grease the right palms to remain open and in business during the lockdowns, when all the smaller businesses had to shut their doors and keep paying their rent, let their stock rot on the shelves, and let their regular customers get used to shopping at Wal-mart and Target. Don't worry, when Tar-Wal-mar-get has 100% of the market share, they'll start pricing items like TFSource! Oh, you want toilet paper? Well we're the only retailer left selling it, so bend the fuck over.

We could avoid this situation by paying a little more to do business with a company that treats us a little better, but it turns out, to most people, the short term gain of saving 7 cents on a grocery matters a lot more than the long-term problem created by empowering a monster like Wal-mart.

Yeah but if you last long enough, you get to eat off the seniors menu at IHOP

I hope not, it doesn't look like people are buying her. Im seeing them get clearanced all over the place and still not flying off the shelves! Don't Bulkhead my Override!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Toker

Toker Well-Known Member

$25 Override is tempting, but seeing some of the Netflix guys (Megatron Spoiler) drop even lower is enough to make me wait...

9. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Picked up a $25 Override at my Wal-Mart today and picked up a $39 Velocitron Nemesis Prime off Wal-Mart's site a little bit ago.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Galaxy Shuttle has shipped, which is nice.

Cosmos still just “delayed” which still keeps me in limbo on what to do.

11. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you but cosmos is gone.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Zylly103

News Credits:
    Seems to be the case.

13. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Showed up late last night because FedEx doesn't come by me until later in the day now, but yay it's here.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  14. Inciteful

Inciteful Hides in the Shadows

News Credits:
    Well I’ll be. Worked for me too.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  15. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    Yea, I hate to agree, but I think those of us with Cosmos pre-orders still intact will eventually be cancelled or doomed to sit in delayed status forever. I did get a bit of false hope last week though. I took a chance of cancellation, and reached out to Wal-Mart customer service. The agent last week said "Do Not Worry, I see your item is being prepared to ship right now". One week later, still in delay, I reached back out and they said it's still out of stock and was no where near being prepped to ship. I was holding on to this Cosmos pre-order for a friend of mine but I'm tempted to cancel it myself to be done with it. But I'll keep the pre-order as long as I can because the alternative is eBay at three times markup.

• Like Like x 2
  16. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

Honestly, ebay, taobao, or ali express seem to be the options for Americans now. Unless you know someone in Europe or Asia who can buy and ship to you.

17. Zylly103

News Credits:
    It just makes me wonder how quickly Cosmos in particular got ordered and how few of them actually exist. Because I know I got all my Velocitron orders in within maybe five minutes max of them going up. I know he's one to a case, but still.

I can't remember the last time we saw a toy with this much of a supply/demand disparity. I remember stuff like the Reveal the Shield toys having a poor distribution and some stuff like Combiner Wars Sky-Lynx being hard to get, but even the Netflix versions of Bee and Soundwave didn't seem to be this hard to get.

18. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

From reading this thread, I think Walmart may have been filling online orders for Cosmos from local stores rather than a separate warehouse stock.

• Like Like x 2
  19. BlueAngel_Bolt

BlueAngel_Bolt I'M REALLY FEELING IT

News Credits:
    Did anyone else's Galaxy Shuttle get delivered in a plastic bag? Mine arrived today, box completely fucked but the figure inside was fine. Thankfully i'm not a MISB collector but I figure I would put a warning out there for anyone who is.

20. Deltron Magnus

Deltron Magnus TFW's Prettiest Princess

Yeah, Netflix Bee and Soundwave both popped back up for ordering multiple times. I was able to get Bee some time after the initial release. Cosmos has never been available again after he sold out and the page was removed, correct? At least, I've never heard otherwise.

At this point, I'm guessing buying a TR Cosmos and being content with that is my best option. Legacy just isn't worth scalper prices for me.

• Like Like x 2