The Walmart.com New/Restocked/Shipped/Preorder Items Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dereka138, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Optimalprimal

Optimalprimal Diecast construction. It's a lost art.

This is the way.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maxymal

Maxymal Well-Known Member

Speaking of cancellation emails, just got my Cosmos order cancelled. Merry X-Mas everyone, rarer than a Turbo Man doll :p 

• Like Like x 5
  3. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not really.

4. Pencilerobo

Pencilerobo Well-Known Member

Oh man, sorry to hear that. :( 

It really would be nice if Hasbro could negotiate some manner of getting him re-released. Be it in a box set, or something; just get that goofy little bastard into the hands of the people that wanted him. Myself included. Maybe they can pull a Mirage and do some retooling to re-release him at Amazon or another retailer.

Sheer desperation for green plastic UFO over here.

• Like Like x 2
  5. transmasterc

transmasterc Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah again, Who ever came up the the case pack should have had their head examined putting Cosmos one to a case.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

I think Protoman said that it's deliberate. They don't want you to go in, get what you want, then leave. They don't even want you to go in, get what you want on your first try, then buy a few odds and ends along the way on your way out. They want your foot traffic over and over and over and over again trying to get that super elusive high demand figure, buying other random stuff after you check, every single visit.

• Like Like x 1
  7. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    I don’t know if the die hard collectors represent a big enough population for walmart to care. What’s more likely is that the line was pitched as a race and walmart gets given a list of characters and decides the little green flying saucer is not as cool to kids as motorcycles or alien cars.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

That's the point to exclusives. To generate foot traffic and rack up multiple purchases. The sale of the item itself may as well be a rounding error.

9. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Yeah but how many purchases do you think Cosmos is bringing in via foot traffic? I’d say not much.

10. Avux

Avux #1 User of the word "Lovely"

Twitter:
    thats what I was thinking!
    smart moves
    annoying moves, but still half smart

11. Avux

Avux #1 User of the word "Lovely"

Twitter:
    half the time when I go (I've given up) I'll realize something I need is there and buy it because I'm there already
    why make the extra effort to go somewhere else, when its right there? and doesn't cost much more?

12. MonsterMash

MonsterMash Well-Known Member

Whoever made the cases didn't care about the UFO. Evidenced by Clampdown being repacked in wave two.

I see Burnout and Blurr shelf warming hard. If one of those had been replaced with Cosmos, Walmart could have sold more product. I guess that the Walmart buyer isn't knowledgeable about what sells and what doesn't.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pencilerobo

Pencilerobo Well-Known Member

Well, I'm game to throw in on anecdotal evidence. :p 

If I make a dedicated toy run, if the retailer doesn't have what I want; I'm out the door empty handed most of the time. Granted I am an atypical consumer and attempt to live within my means and maintain a zero debt lifestyle. I am also very meticulous about plotting outings to either be en route to, or from work so that I am not going out of my way. If I'm making a special trip, I tend to maximize my route with a target rich line of travel - say the ability to hit a grocery store, hardware store, and big box store in one line of travel.

This was also fueled by adjustments I've made during the height of the pandemic, and the old axiom of it takes 21 days to pick up a new habit and I'm 992 days into having adjust my life post Covid-19 in the world. My shopping list is now a curated list of needs that builds until I run out of ingredients for my recipes.

Honestly, as much as the pandemic has impacted society as a whole it has had a few positive effects on me personally. In terms of what a financial dummy I've been most of my life, it has really helped me curb spending to the point where eating out feels like a luxury, and is very infrequent. The only thing I really miss is going to the Drive-in when it's in season, and supporting a niche local business. Which works out as I'm making less money than I've made in a while.

Agreed, but I suspect the buyer is looking at it abstractly.

"Are we selling Transformers?"

"Yes."

"I am doing a good job." :p 

14. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And then not even putting him in the second wave. Idiots.

• Like Like x 2
  15. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

Had my cosmos cancelled too at walmart. it might be a year to a year and a half but more will show up. no reason to pay 70$ for it now on ebay ...... wait a year and a half and if I cant get one at walmart or on hasbro pulse ... lets say I screw up and I cant get my hands on it when hasbro pulse or walmart has another in stock session...... then I will accept my defeat and just buy on ebay

• Like Like x 2
  16. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    My Cosmos is still delayed but I'm not holding my breathe of it getting fulfilled.

Probably a slim chance but wouldn't surprise me if a bunch of them suddenly popped up at Ross/ TJ Maxx/Ollies. Wouldn't be the first time hard to find exclusives suddenly showed up at discounters.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Agent Prime 2814

Agent Prime 2814 Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    The difference is those others had piss poor distribution and were whole cases of waves that never showed. I.e. titans return misfire, twin twist, and windblade. Cosmos is a solo pack that thousands of people went hunting for and bought every one they had. Unfortunately like Netflix Soundwave and bumblebee, cosmos won't be going to discounters any time soon unless said retailer buys international pallet stock. Which apparently in Europe cosmos is plentiful. Best bet right now is a new deco, maybe new headsculpt like Netflix bee and Soundwave that turned into goldbug and sg Soundwave and we get pathfinder or the gold one that came with computron (Scourge? scrounge?).

• Like Like x 1
  18. Radioguy

Radioguy Hair's always frizzy

Virtually guaranteed to be issued in another "collide" multipack at Target in at least two years, or perhaps at Amazon in another paint scheme multipack. Entertainment Earth would get some stock of either next.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Poe Ghostal

Poe Ghostal Star Seeker

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I suspect we will get a blue Cosmos sooner rather than later: Path Finder - Transformers Wiki

But like canary-yellow Netflix Bumblebee, Walmart owns green Cosmos until further notice.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would agree with that except that we still don’t have ehobby Treds. Bugbite and Road Ranger need the rest of their team!

• Like Like x 4