The Walking Dead TV Series

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by adamthered, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Pretty good episode. That opening was probably my favorite one we've had on the show since the opening of season three.

They're about to wage war on that damn hospital. What was the song featured tonight in the intro?

2. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Disappointing episode overall. It dragged on and took forever to get interesting. Basically nothing happened up until
    Noah showed up, which was in the last 15 minutes or so. It was awesome to see Atlanta again, though. The flashbacks weren't bad but I didn't feel they were completely necessary.

Next week looks good.

3. thatonefoo

thatonefoo Decepticon

News Credits:
    Fucking horrible that Rick and group just have to be the ones to help out Beth and Carol, couldn't they just have had Carol plan ahead and be smart about infiltrating? This episode and Beth's were an improvement and now..

4. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I thought Daryl and Carol would run into Noah and Carol would fake her way into the hospital. I was wrong on that. I guess now the question is if Abraham's group makes its way back to join in on the "hospital caper".

5. Mudslide

Mudslide Sick of exclusives

So much for the hospital crap coming to an end.

6. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    At least I called Darryl and Carol meeting Noah. That's been my theory since the Beth episode and I was anxious to see it play out. I also thought Carol was infiltrating the hospital for Beth but I guess that's thinking too much of it.

Really nice zombies last night too. They're definitely stepping up their game.

Once Darryl catches wind of what's going on in that hospital he's gonna go ballistic on the place. At least that's what I hope.

Um, wha? You do see all the posts in here - right?

7. DJPrime39

DJPrime39 mUnKY

I'm saying no one didn't post nothing after the episode went off

8. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    For me, that's bed time. I usually watch Talkng Dead and Comic Book Men on DVR the next day.

9. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

Even though I knew it would happen, I thought it was a bit of a stretch for Noah to bump into Daryl and Carol. In all of Atlanta, they just happen to be in the same parking garage? I also didn't like the van stunt. The van was clearly going to land upside down but was edited to land on its wheels and you're telling me they Daryl and Carol walked away from it unscathed? I don't buy it.

It also bothers me that in season 5 the group is still on the outskirts of Atlanta. It's like they're walking in circles.

10. DeathStorm

News Credits:
    Well Carol did get busted up from the van but just mildly. I also noticed that it was going upside down in one shot then landed on the wheels. The zombies landing on it made up for the fluke.

As for the Atlanta thing, that's not really their fault. It's where Beth was taken so that's where they have to be. They were only a few buildings away from the hospital and it didn't look like there was anything as accessible as the garage, so I didn't think much of it when Noah found them. It's a stretch but logical.

11. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I really liked last night's episode.
    I liked the flashbacks to Carol's activities when she was separated from the group, and I liked the way the current story was also kind of a flashback, too.
    We were in Atlanta, we saw the tank from episode 1, Carol was back in the victims of domestic violence shelter. The whole episode was structured well.

I liked how even though Carol was kicked out of the group and put on her own, as soon as she saw smoke from the prison she went to go help. No matter how extreme her methods are, she always is there to help.
    It's a really good example of character building.

Also, when Daryl said "Some days I don't know what the hell to think" I laughed aloud.

12. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yeah, I thought it was so boring and mostly unnecessary. Learned nothing new of the character themselves. Could have swapped any 2 characterization wise for the same result.

And that van landing. Ugh....

We'll see what happens next week.

13. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    It's not like we haveto post something in the thread after the episode or something, yeesh.

14. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It is a bit strange the trip to Atlanta was apparently really short by car. Seems like they'd be farther by now.

15. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I'm thinking the rail line to Terminus took them towards Atlanta, but it did seem strange to me.

16. Blitz Wing

Blitz Wing Triple Threat

Yeah, this sums up my feelings about the epsidoe... I thought it was a great one for Carol's character development. She has slowly risen to being one of my favorites on the show. I also love how she's progressed from being a victim to someone that can take care of herself and show leadership.

Judging by people's reactions to the episodes this season, it seems like there are two different types of fans out there. There's one group that watches the show for plot progression and action, and then there's a second group that watches it for character development and overall theme. I think what's great about the Walking Dead is that it is able to appease both types of fans.

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    It's funny, because I watch it mainly for both plot progression and character developement, yet I don't feel like the show delivers either in sufficient amounts.

18. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:

I started watching wanting all four of those thing, but the latter group is what I'm hoping for since season 1 had it in spades. Esp Jim and Jacqui.

Rest not so much.

^ Pretty much this.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if Carol is going to buy it in the midseason finale. Characters who get "spotlights" at around this point tend to.

20. Switch625

Switch625 "Up, up, and away!"

While a lot of people don't like the quieter, slower storylines, I really do. I think the quieter stuff gives more weight to the big action and drama parts of the story. It adds to the whole roller coaster of emotions aspect to the series. You can't go 90 mph every episode or it all starts to get boring because there's no place to go.

Rick becoming a farmer for awhile may have bored everyone but that's what he felt he had to do in order to save his soul. When you turn away from your calling like that, it tends to come around and make you take the journey by decapitating Herschel. That's character development.