The Voice Actors of FOC

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Transformed, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Peter Cullen: Optimus Prime

Keith Sliverstein: Blast-off and Rumble

Nolan North: Brawl, Bruticus and Cliffjumper

Gregg Berger: Grimlock

Keith Szarabajka: Ironhide

Troy Baker: Jazz, Jetfire and Kickback

Fred Tatasciore: Megatron, Metroplex and Ratchet

Jim Ward: Perceptor

Steve Blum: Sharpshot, Shockwave and Swindle

Travis Willingham: Sideswipe, Slug and Onslaught

Isaac Singleton: Soundwave

Sam Riegel: Starscream

Mark Allen Stewart: Swoop

Dave Boat: Vortex

Jamieson Price: Warpath

Many of these folks provided other voices of nameless characters as did many other people that I’m not going to list here for reasons previously stated.

Who's voice did you like/dislike the most?

Like: for me Troy Baker wins this HANDS DOWN! He nailed Jazz, and his dialog with Cliffjumper was nothing short of fantastic!

Dislike: Steve Blum. He is no shockwave:( 

2. yakko

yakko IaconHub BossMonkey

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Jazz and Starscream were both great

3. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I absolutely LOATHE Starscream in both this and WfC...
    Makes me cringe every time I hear his ridiculous over-acting voice, when I heard that Steve Blum was being brought onto the game I rejoiced knowing I would never have to here that wheezing, whiney Starscream again... But, then the videos started popping up and my fears were confirmed.

I for one am not looking forward to Starscream's level in FoC...
    *shudders*

4. MaxxieOD

MaxxieOD Jazz is my homebot

News Credits:
    Troy Baker was awesome for Jazz! It fit so perfectly! It was like he was channeling Scatman Crothers' soul or something.

I don't think there's a voice I disliked in the game really. The dialogue, once again, was entertaining. I moved the banter between Jazz and Cliff, and I even enjoyed Optimus when he talked with Metroplex. I think they did a great job with the voices and personalities.

5. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    also Brian Bloom does additional voices.

I got to say Jim Ward works as Perceptor. He sounds a lot like his Professor Xavier. Funny enough I thought it was Tom Kane voicing him.

Haven't gotten the full game but yeah it's a good cast but Steve Blum as Shockwave and Swindle is dissapointing. I think he and Nolan could have switched Cliffjumper and Swindle and obligatory Corey Burton as Shockwave please.

6. SG17

SG17 PSN: SG-17

Steve Bloom is always fantastic in the roles he voices.

Nolan North just doesn't sound right outside of playing Nathan Drake or Desmond Miles.

7. Star Streaker

Star Streaker Decepticon

I'm really not use to Cliffjumper sounding like some teen. But for how his character is in this game, I'd say it fits.

And Shockwave.. No.. I want my bad aiming, lovable British 'con back. Even though this new Shockwave is a bit.. mental, his current FoC voice is horrible. Steve Bloom does do good voice rolls, but Shockwave was not one of them.

Every other voice, I loved and imagined them matching perfectly.

8. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

I have a coworker that sounds like Troy Baker's Jazz so his dialogue was the most amusing to me, though Swoop comes in at a close second.
    The only voices that bugged me were Onslaught and Shockwave. It felt like a different guy was voicing Onslaught every other scene and this Shockwave seemed more creepy weird than cold and sophisticated

9. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    Like: I always love Peter Cullen's Optimus.
    Dislike: I absolutely DESPISE Swoop's voice.

10. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I Like Shockwave.

11. Downshift-1307

Downshift-1307 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Am I seriously the ONLY one who despises Sam Riegel as Starscream...?

12. Igniting_Prime

Igniting_Prime Igniting The Battle

News Credits:
    I really loved how Soundwave was a mixture of the G1 vocoder voice and the mbay movie "dr claw" voice. That's the perfect Soundwave voice for me

13. mrcaino9

mrcaino9 Leakin' Lubricants!!!

^^^This... Troy Baker as Jazz just steals the show. I enjoyed every line especially his banter with Cliffjumper. Sadly though, I absolutely hated Nolan North as Cliff... he sounded like some snot nosed punk trying to be BumbleBee. Where's the edge that Casey Kasem brought to this characters voice? Soundwave's voice was cool & Peter Cullen as Prime is always good but i didn't like Swindle's voice either. Call me crazy... but i still haven't got use to Jetfire with that WFC/Michael Bay english accent crap... i just hate it!

14. Forceman4077

Forceman4077 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Steve Blum is fine as Swindel, but for me Cory Burton is to Shockwave as Kevin Conroy is to Batman and Mark Hamill is to Joker(at least in an animated/game sense).

15. Rexidus

Rexidus Autobot

News Credits:
    I absolutely LOVE this voice for Starscream.

As much as I like Steve Blum for his fine acting, I just don't like him as Shockwave, ESPECIALLY when he's voicing Starscream in the current series.

16. JazzMeister19

JazzMeister19 Well-Known Member

Loved: Troy Baker. He was a great Jazz. Troy Baker should be Jazz on everything from now on. If not him then Phil Lamarr.

Good: I don't hate Fred Tasciatore's Megs, I actually think it is good, but I really wish Frank Welker would have used his Prime Megs as this Megs' voice. That will be how I picture Megatron's voice for eternity, but not the best Megatron, BW Megs, of course.

Hated:
    Swoop, he's my favorite Dinobot, but his voice was awful in this game, and I really missed him saying his name. Still cool though.

Shockwave or Swindle was awful. They shouldn't have the same voice. Norland North would have been a better Swindle.

Norland North, just didn't fit Cliffjumper for me.

Starscream, I miss SpongeScream. Tom Kenny? That was his voice actor on Animated, right?

I hate English Jetfire.

17. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    I love Sam Riegel for his performance as Donatello in TMNT, but here, he just doesn't fit as Starscream. In WFC he sounded so forced, while everyone else's voice sounded natural and just fine. Here, he's just as bad. However, Riegel is portraying him as the smug asswipe he is, so there's a positive. I really don't care for WFC/FOC Starscream in general besides the sleek jet mode. Steve Blum, Charlie Adler, Tom Kenny, anyone who has previously voiced Starscream would fit better than Sam Riegel.

Steve Blum is generic as Shockwave, I'm sad to say, even as talented as he is. Corey Burton would've been millions of times better. As I've been saying for who knows how long, they really should stop using Steve Blum for half the cast (the same goes for Tatasciore, North, etc). He was decent as Swindle, but I can't help but fanboy rage that Fred Willard isn't Swindle after a perfect performance in Animated (yeah yeah I know, he got into a little jam).

Everyone else sounds good. Perceptor sounds excellent in particular, as do the Dinobots. Good choice, picking Gregg Berger to come back as Grimlock after so long, even though it sounded like it was like pulling teeth for High Moon. Fred Tatasciore, despite my complaints of overusing him, is even better this time around as Megatron, and still sounds alright as Ratchet.

Peter Cullen's performance here is amazing. Proof that Prime is forcing him to be emotionless and epic all the time, when here Optimus actually shows emotion. My heartstrings were tugged when Optimus sadly spoke about how they lost the war, and he reluctantly ordered the Autobots to leave home.

Troy Baker sounds awesome as Jazz, even though I wanted Phil LaMarr back as the cool cat, and of course the banter with North's Cliffjumper was excellent.

18. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No, you're not. I don't care for it either. What makes it so bad is how hard the VA tries to be Starscream along with the characterization of this shifty Decepticon. Starscream really came across as stupid in this game and he had the respect of no one:( 

19. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus See ya!

News Credits:
    I wish we Got John Kassir as Starscream in this game. It would be awesome.

20. Prime Jetscream

Prime Jetscream HE PULLS THE STRINGS AND HE MAKES THEM RING

News Credits:
    This, except, I like the direct voice of Shockwave, but not how it's used.