The Value of Marvel TF comics

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Lovecraft, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Blue=Sarcasm; Purple=Snarkcasm

I don't think I've ever seen a Marvel Transformers original from the 80s on sale anywhere. What are the prices like when they do come up?

Are they rare? Which issues are the most valuable? I imagine an original good condition Marvel #5 would be a pricy issue. But what about Carwash of Doom? Chump change?

Hoping to get educated! Thank you.

2. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. dj_convoy II

dj_convoy II Remix!

News Credits:
    The last eight or ten issues tend to command higher prices because the print runs were pretty low. It really depends on how you try to get issues.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tiberius209

Tiberius209 Well-Known Member

I can answer, as I have all 80 issues of this series plus the 15 issues of the four mini-series (GI Joe, Universe, Headmasters, Movie). Like all comics, it's heavily dependent on condition, but most of the issues in the original Marvel run are worth $2-$3 even in VF condition. As stated above, the last few go for a bit more, and #1 can creep up a bit. First appearances (outside of #1) don't tend to mean as much because nearly every issue was a "first appearance" of some character that quickly disappeared. The only exception would be #8, which is the first full appearance of the dinobots. Grimlock would go on to be the Autobot leader for a time.

You can occasionally find full runs for $250 - $450, but I'd be wary near the lower end of that range, as it's likely to contain several issues in less than stellar condition.

Of course, CGC graded versions are another matter, but even those generally go for less than other comics.

P.S. Carwash of Doom is one of my favorite issues...

• Like Like x 3
  5. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The US comic, like stated above is pretty cheap for the most part.

The UK comic, on the other hand, can get absurdly expensive.

• Like Like x 1