The *Unofficial* Future Thread! (EXTREME SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Lucario Prime, May 23, 2009.

1. Lucario Prime

Lucario Prime is a Lucario Prime is...

News Credits:
    Well, that's it. Or is it? This thread is dedicated to the uncertain future of this masterpiece of a show. TF:A has ended with an ending that is similar to Futurama's, as it's open to whatever. There were many stories left open after Endgame. What other stories hang after the series/season three finale? These are the ones I know of so far:

Soundwave being carried away.
    Swindle escaping after a shopping spree.
    Ultra Magnus' mangled mess.
    Sari's origin.
    The three remaining protoforms. (Blurr still has a spark! GASP!)
    Decepticon prisoners.
    Sentinel...Magnus?
    Team Chaar.
    Fate of Detroit.
    Femmebot Starscream.
    Starscream...dead?!
    Prowl....dead?!
    Omega clones...dead?!

I don't know how Animated can conclude without these stories and possibly even more hanging like this.

I'm sure Animated will return somehow. Be it a comic to conclude the story, a DTV movie, toys coming in Universe from now on or what we all really want, a full fledged return after ROTF.

As of now, this is VERY open ended, much like Futurama's DTV movie #4's (name slips my mind as of now) ending. Much like ReBoot's ending (even though it's coming back).

But for now, all we can do is wait for Botcon to hear what Hasbro has to say about the toyline as well as the show. There are a plethora of things we all want to hear, let's hear what you have to say!

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Y'know, Hasbro just closed that deal with Discovery for that new channel...and although Hasbro may not have new programing for TF's for a very long time in terms of profits, I think what may happen is that Hasbro will let Animated fall out of the shelves while ROTF starts taking over toy asiles again, raking in the moolah for Hasbro and retailers, Hasbro will ride out that money making spree for as long as possible like the last time, and then when the movie starts drying up of profit start to slowly re-introduce the Animated asthetic on their new channel in a good timeslot while the movie starts clogging shelves, then when ROTF can be ended start up Animated again full time (probably under a new name, like TF: Animated: Return of Superchins! or something) and then Animated can truly shine.

3. Lucario Prime

News Credits:
    Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Honestly, it's damn obvious what WILL be shown on Hasbro's channel, LOL.

4. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

I think the best we can reasonably expect is IDW to release 'post-animated' stories under a continued story series or even 'animated spotlights'... I think the omega clone on Dinobot island is a great opening for animated devastator when Dirtboss gets in that thing. We still have Both BA and 'susan' bebopping around earth for some femmebot action. Team rodimus and team charr could go for a story too. These would make great short stories and spotlights.

This seems like a good use of Hasbro's effort and a good way to give something to the fans.

Or you can believe that Hasbro/Discovery Kids is going to be be the second coming of Primus and give us a 24-hour transformers channel with tons of original transformer programming in between 7 hour blocks of classic TFs (which anyone was interested in would watch on the complete DVD boxed sets they already own so I am not sure why any of us need it on television or expect it to be on television)

5. Lucario Prime

News Credits:
    Oh snap! I never thought of the clone on Dinobot island, eh? Nice idea!

6. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

:p :drool: 

:lol 

I expect that hasbro will make shows out of every property they own, and I would be very surprised if they would have time to air more than the mainline tf show.

Chutes and ladders: the series.
    :rolleyes: 

I think we'll be lucky if we ever hear from the animated universe again.
    :redface2: 

7. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    well the last 3 arent left open. they are all dead

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Uh...Starscream has a way to come back, he could be a ghost, it happened in G1.

Prowl...well, can't think of a reason how to plausibly bring him back.

And the Omega clones, well, they're just cannon fodder anyway.

9. The Asp

The Asp Angry Old Man

His spark's been absorbed into the allspark...

Kinda like Optimus Primal & the Oracle in beast machines.

10. Lucario Prime

News Credits:
    Whenever I think of Animated season four, I think of a teaser picture that looks like the very first pictures of Animated:

It has Optimus, Ratchet, Bulkhead, Bumblebee, Arcee and Jazz running forward with Prowl's head in the sky all transparent and stuff, kind of like Mufasa in the sky. Like a tribute to their fallen comrade, and friend.

11. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    I picture a fight in the Allspark between Starscream and Prowl in ghost forms!

12. hockeygamer40

hockeygamer40 Autobot Hockey Player 40

News Credits:
    Side Discussion: Possible TV Shows on Hasbro network that could outrank TFA

Side Discussion: Possible TV Shows on Hasbro network that could outrank TFA or the like from coming back!

Reality TV block:
    - "Risk" board game set in the real world as explained by Barack Obama!
    - "Chutes and Ladders" medical emergencies!
    - "My Little Pony" vet visits!
    - (to borrow a funny Internet joke here)
    The "Care Bears" maul some campers and are put down!

Educational block:
    - Learn how to rant and rave like a maniac with "Cobra Commander!"
    - Treachery as taught by "Starscream" and "Blackarachnia"!
    - Learn how to put yourself back together no matter how many times you are blown up as taught by "Waspinator"!
    - Learn how to get your own "Monopoly" as taught by The Donald!

13. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

If I could ask for anything it would be similar to The DVD futurama movies. Since a lot of the upcoming stuff will be ROTF related and Hasbro putting all its eggs in one basket - for now.

CN still the series in its clutches and the toy company isn't going to pony up money to get it from them and what have you.

Whatever happens I have decided to take my leave of the brand for awhile until I'm ready to deal with it again.

Fingers crossed.

14. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    One of the most interesting suggestions I've ever seen.

15. wgoodman

wgoodman Big Bot

Protoforms maybe? Like Prowl did to Yokitron. (sp?)

16. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I could see Megs pulling off what Norman Osborn did to capture Aunt May in Marvel Knights: Spiderman's first arc. You know... Do his scheming behind the Autobots' backs while still in stockades. Also, what if Megs uploaded a back-up of him self in Sudac's computers. That would be intresting. However, he'll be going after the true item of the Autbot victory: The Magnus Hammer.

17. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I'm so sick of these "Maybe Animated is going to return!" threads. I'm half tempted to close them all.

The only way Animated is going to continue is if IDW does a special comic series on Transformers Animated.

But please keep in mind, there was an Animated comic, and it ended. And Hasbro has to "OK" all IDW comics, and Animated was *NOT* a top seller for IDW, and Animated is *NOT* going to be on the shelves 6 months from now, so why in the world would IDW and/or Hasbro want to okay that?

Your best bet, and I mean the only thing you can hope/pray for, is that Animated gets a "one-shot special" from IDW in some special issue, or that the Transformers Club decides to do a mini-series in their on-going bi-monthly comic.

Other than those possibilities, Animated is dead. And the more you guys keep posting that "MAYBE IT WILL LIVE, THERE'S TOO MANY PLOTHOLES LEFT!", the more I'm going to keep posting that I know for a fact, beyond a doubt, 150% on the life of starving pigmy children, that Animated is finished.

18. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Folks

Let's not get Kickback get worked up.

Just make your own season 4 in our fan fiction section.

19. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

You know,as asinine as it was to call the show "Transformers Animated" it's even dumber to name a comic book "Transformers Animated."

And for Christ's sake,Kickback,be quiet! Don't you realise with every word you type,you're breaking your NDA even more?!!
    :D 

20. Aurora Bluewolf

Aurora Bluewolf Aurora Bluewolf

idk about a 4th season...deviant art has some rallying going on. apparently...its scary. idk what to say. it sounds like they are eating CN alive until it gives in for a fourth season... besides, how long is it going to take Hasbro to get it's own station? months? years? it takes a while to establish these things. and what channel is it going to be on? specialty extra cable? i get an uneasy feeling when they mention that. (and wonder how the heck i'm going to get it!)