The Unicron Trilogy Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megabattimus, Feb 17, 2012.

1. AMG

AMG Old School

IMG_20170914_141343.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  2. AMG

AMG Old School

IMG_20170915_080155-1.jpg

• Like Like x 5
  3. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  4. mattwhite924

mattwhite924 Well-Known Member

Got a super cheap Cybertron Optimus. He was pretty grody, so I had to give him a thorough scrub, but at the price I can't complain. I wasn't sure what to expect, given that he is missing almost everything, but even with just the core robot I'm pretty happy. This thing is a really solid figure, and feels great to transform back and forth. Even without the backpack it still looks pretty good. Hopefully I can track down the missing parts at some point.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 10
  5. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Man, the silver on the Master Galvatron looks so nice. Wish I'd had the foresight to buy him back in the day.

• Like Like x 3
  6. rikkomba

rikkomba Fishmonger Supreme of TFW2005

for some reason Master Galvatron is relatively easy to find.

7. Takeshi357

Takeshi357 "Research"

News Credits:
    Is it? Last I heard he was crazy expensive.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Expensive but he's around. He said easy to find, not buy

• Like Like x 2
  9. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

For those of you that have Energon Shockblast, what are your thoughts on him? I’ve been looking to add one to my collection, but I’ve heard he may have an issue with his waist breaking. Has anyone had that issue?

• Like Like x 2
  10. rikkomba

When Energon Shockblast came out, people were creaming their pants: everybody was starving for a new incarnation of G1 Shockwave. The TFandom was hungering so badly that its left arm passed under the radar, and the huge kawaii feet, the Transformers equivalent of high-heeled Crocs, were widely accepted: "for stability!!".

Energon Shockblast is a sad piece of shit. It was bad when it came out, it's terrible today. That left arm is an abomination, its tank mode is a parody and its satellite mode, surprisingly, is the best mode of the three.

Its repaint, Sixshot, is even worse.

My personal recommendation is to spend as little as possible for Energon Shockblast. And when you get one, the waist will be the last thing you'll notice.

11. Excikaiser

Excikaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't agree. I like it.

Your statement is more based on the fact it's not a good representation of the G1, which I don't care at all.
    He's clearly more fun and badass than the siege one.

WP_20190218_21_00_01_Pro.jpg

However, I never heard things about his waist breaking, but it's true it's its weak part, it's not really hilding correctly on robot mode, which is not helped by the heavy arm.

• Like Like x 9
  12. rikkomba

To each his own.

That's not the point. People wanted anything resembling G1 shockwave, and Energon Shockblast got accepted just because it slightly reminded people of something they wanted. It's just a terrible Transformer, and a terrible toy.

I can't comment on "badass", but personally I think that FOC Shockwave and Combiner Wars Shockwave are far superior interpretations of the character, and much more fun than Energon Shockblast.

13. Excikaiser

Excikaiser Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You can't criticize Shockblast's feet and just after claim your love for FOC shockwave and his anorexic legs, that's a probitited moveset.

• Like Like x 5
  14. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

Got a mib armada Galvatron recently, and the turret ratchet is extremely weak. I read that a gear in the turret breaks after a certain period of time causing this. Has anyone experienced this or have any fixes for it?

• Like Like x 1
  15. rikkomba

it might be true, my OTFCC Megazarak has this problem.

16. Max Rawhide

Max Rawhide Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' ... uh, never mind

I used to have him and when he was released I wrote a review on Seibertron (no idea where to find that).

If I recall correctly, my greatest issue with the figure at that time was the huge arm and the waist. The arm is incredibly big as in he can hardly stand up straight with it because the arm reaches all the way to the ground. This is very awkward and makes posing him not fun. There really should've been a hinge in it or a transformtion so in robot mode it would've been shorter. I wasn't concerned back then about the waist breaking, but I did worry about it becoming loose over time. Actually, IIRC, the one I had already had a slight tendency to lean when brand new.

That said, if you ignore the giant arm, he looks decent to good. The altmodes are very clearly we-say-so altmodes of which the sattelite mode is very clearly the best altmode, albeit a bit wobbly. The tankmode...yeah, not so great, but functional. I also remember seeing a fan mode (although that might have involved some modding) to create an artillary mode that looked a lot better. And outside of his gun arm, the articulation is pretty good for its time.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

I think that applies to a lot of Energon, to be honest. Rodimus and Downshift, Starscream and Galvatron. The desire for new toys of old characters was there, and Energon delivered. We couldn't have known in 2004 that Classics would arrive in 2006, nor that CHUG and MP would continue to deliver on the G1 character trend for years to come. We took what we got.

18. rikkomba

I agree with you, but the quality of many of those toys was superior.
    Rodimus had a very original alt mode, which is cool even today. Downshift was probably one of the best deluxes of the whole trilogy, and it was a hint more than a G1 homage.
    Starscream took a strong mold and improved it.
    I would argue that the Megatron/Galvatron mold was not the best (even if it's one of my favourites): to paraphrase a reviewer, Energon Megatron has plenty of articulation, yet it's almost impossible to pose it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Imperator

Imperator Be like Optimus, wear a mask.

Yeah, I feel pretty similarly on Galvatron. Had I had the foresight to hold off on Megatron and buy the Galvatron version I think it'd still be on display today. Rodimus had a good alt mode but the robot mode is seriously shite, like Downshift just hampered by the need to combine. Starscream is great, other than the bizarre inability to hold his sword the right way round. It's a strange piece of nonsense design.

20. rikkomba

I always assumed it was never Starscream's sword - the scale works way too well with Master Megatron and Master Galvatorn.

• Like Like x 1