Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megabattimus, Feb 17, 2012.
Makes me wish more button battery stuff had that.
All these are personal opinion, but all I will mention are still on my shelves, in middle of new generations stuff.
Armada :Armada has really aged, most are bricks, but some shine in the middle :
- Deluxe 'Bendy' Optimus (or one of its multiple redeco). The must have. Still on par nowadays standards, even have ankle articulation.
- Hoist (or even better, his cybertron redeco Longrack)
Nice to Have :
Cyclonus (or its fantastic energon redeco)
Deluxes and voyager autobots are crippled by their powerlinx features. I like them, but clearly, they're not good starters.
Everything outside these are fine, but here's my faves/must have :
- Bulkhead (or its red redeco). A bit painful to pose because of the hips ratchet, but so much fun, probably one of hte best helicopters we got.
- Landmine : Best TF ever. Period. If you can buy only one energon, then take this one.
- Divebomb. Because nobody got so fabulous legs since.
-Scorponok. Seriously, look at this awesomeness. (Warning on second hand purchase, shoulders can break)
- Demolisher. It's been 15 years we didn't saw something like that.
- Starscream. Best deluxe Starscream ever ? With translucent plastic and stuff.
- Voyager Megatron (Takara, or Hasbro two pack). Because it's a better Galvatron that all official Galvatron we got since.
- Optimus + StarSaber. These one will be complicated to get at good price. But if you can get them, it'll be pure joy. (and it's possible, I've been able to get a 25€ starsaber recently)
Cybertron : Very few bad ones here. There's few which will deceive you. However, here's my faves :
- Armorhide : Back in time, it became quickly the fandom favorite. Almost everybody got him.
- Evac. Probably the second best helicopter we got.
- Defense Hotshot : I could have put the original, but it looks basic once you have the Defense one.
- Defense RedAlert. Do I need ot comment this picture?
- Optimus Prime. Best Optimus Ever. (however I saw it can get pricy on second hand market..)
- Overhaul. Because that's a better Wolverine transformer than the official crossover.
- Starscream (Takara Voyager, may be a bit hard to find) . because it's a better cybertronian starscrean than the WFC and siege ones.
- NoiseMaze / Sideways : The perfect exemple of stuff we don't have anymore on recent lines :
- Vector Prime (Takara Version, not the crappy hasbro one)
Again, all these are my personal preferences. But I really think these should be a good start.
I just remembered, Vector Prime was another Cybertron toy I actually first bought the Hasbro version of, then sold and replaced with the Takara one. The missing paint apps really bothered me a lot back then. They were so much worse than the flat faction symbols in the Armada toyline!
I can't remember selling him, but I do remember selling Cybertron Optimus - or rather, taking the parcel to the post office. One of my mom's clients was picking up their kids at the same time so I came out through the front door at the same time as a bunch of kids, carrying the big box. Dunno why I remember something like that, but I do.
I'm kind of in a similar place as you. I'm just starting out with these toys, and have kind of been buying random ones. Most of the one's I'd recommend have already been mentioned, but I've got to mention a couple that I've really liked.
It's just a solid, fun toy. I love the color scheme on him, and all the little guns are fun to mess with. It's the kind of deluxe you just don't see these days.
I've got the Year of the Snake version of the mold, but given that the Titan figure is better at being G1 I kind of wish I had the original color version. Even still, it's a fun mold, and the battleship and train modes are amusing.
Behold the Ultimate Energon Combiner Omega Prime Wing mode
For max over-the-top, use the right half of the Platinum Omega repaint and the original's headmaster in the shoulder
Seeing pictures of the Energon Omega's reminds me of something I did when I still had these.
I wasn't really interested in Supreme, but I loved the colours of the Sentinal: that blue and silver just popped. However, I hated that it had some random orange parts -- blue and silver with red looked good, but three parts (claw, piece on his left leg and left shoulder connection) were orange for no real reason and it looked wrong to me. I then got my hands on an incomplete supreme and did a part swap.
All the orange parts of sentinel were red on Supreme, so I put those on Sentinel and those orange parts on Supreme. This made the colours on Sentinel more cohesive, and gave Supreme an orange claw and some other orange bits to balance that out.
(Seeing Sentinal makes me kind of regret selling him. He's gorgeous with that blue and silver (and red). But I really did nothing with it and it took up too much space.
The Legendary One
Thats for giving us an action pose of Wing Saber, it's great to its full articulation in action!
Got these two beautiful misb for what they retailed for
Energon inferno and hotshot were my first two Transformers so this is a real grail for me
wow seeing them in package brings me back
Yo guys, I have an... embarrassingly basic pic request. Could someone do a size comparison of Armada Optimus and Megatron? I feel stupid asking for such a common pairing but I've actually never seen the two toys side by side as I never had Megatron.
i dont own the figures but armada prime came in leader with a combining trailer and a smaller deluxe without a trailer. i would go with the generations leader armada megatron opposed to the original voyager.
I actually already have the regular G1 Leader Combiner Wars Megatron, and I do like it but I definitely wouldn't be satisfied with the Armada repaint on my Armada shelf.
I'm actually considering using several of the original Armada toys to kitbash with more articulation instead of any updates for maximum anime accuracy, since the animation models were drawn directly off of the toys, and Megatron seems like the closest there is to an easy start.
Wing Saber Optimus Prime Powerlix
Separate names with a comma.