The Unicron Trilogy Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Megabattimus, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Scourge2112

Scourge2112 Nobody's Hero

The Legacy of Armada Starscream part 18:
    Episode 48 (Starscream's Final Episode!): Cramp part 1
    "Galvatron, why do we have to fight? For just this once can’t you put aside your petty argument with Optimus?" "That’s enough! How dare you question me, Starscream." "But if we don’t join forces with the Autobots, chances are good that both sides won’t survive the wrath of Unicron." "You’re testing my patience!" "I’m just worried there won’t be a second chance before Unicron destroys the universe as we know it."
    IMG_9131-2.JPG

"Enough about Unicron! I’m sick and tired of listening to your pathetic whining! And the day will soon come when Unicron is defeated!" "It will be too late!" "You simpleton, Optimus and I are sworn enemies!" "But Galvatron-sir, I don’t think Optimus would make this offer unless he truly believed it."
    IMG_9137-2.JPG

"Let me give you fair warning, Starscream. Don’t you dare cross me again!"
    IMG_9145-2.JPG
    "I would never! You’ve got to believe me! I beg of you, sir! Listen, you and Optimus must put aside your differences right away or there’ll be nothing left to defend on either side. Don’t you realize the gravity of this?"
    IMG_9138-2.JPG

"Hahaha! Would you give it a rest? Galvatron knows what he’s doing!" "Yeah, unless of course you’re ready to jump ship again, you useless traitor!" "Heh, heh, heh, heh…"
    IMG_9154-2.JPG

"But I must give you credit for seeing through Thrust and his attempt to subvert my plans. In that regard, I was quite impressed. However, I require one’s full loyalty. Is any of this sinking in, Starscream?" "I understand, sir."
    IMG_9158-2.JPG

IMG_9160-2.JPG

"You might have fooled Starscream with your little truce ploy, but I’m nobody’s fool. Now let’s end this charade, shall we?!" "It’s not a charade!" "Enough!"
    IMG_9162.JPG
    "Starscream didn’t fall for anything! He just saw the truth!" "Don’t feed me your lies! The Decepticons and Autobots are like oil and water. We could never join forces. You and I both know it’s true. That leaves only one question to be answered: who will be left to rule the universe?!" "Don’t be a fool!" "You’re in no position to call me names. I grow tired of your mindgames and it’s time to end this conversation. It’s been a real pleasure knowing you, Optimus Prime. Sayonara!"
    IMG_9163.JPG
    "It’s…" "I don’t believe it! Starscream!" "The game’s over, Galvatron!"
    IMG_9168-2.JPG
    To be concluded...

Legacy Armada Starscream digibashed like Thundercracker using GIMP.
    Featuring Armada Galvatron, Air Defence Mini-Con Team as Star Saber, Powerlinx Demolishor, Cyclonus, Tidal Wave, & deluxe Optimus.

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  2. GALVATOM

GALVATOM Better off Pred

20230425_204655.jpg

I got that Star Saber that's available on TF Safari. Painted the Sonar component myself. I needed to retire my official Star Saber as unfortunately Sonar's translucent port for connecting the blade section doesn't feel like it will last much longer.

• Like Like x 6
  3. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  4. DecepticusPrime

DecepticusPrime "Essential" Personnel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is there a reason this is built like this? Was he intended to have something or someone to combine onto him?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  5. GreednGluttony

GreednGluttony grumpy smurf

Anybody else wish they'd make a new ransack and crumplezone for legacy? I know crumplezone looks a lot like bulkhead, but I never got one as a kid, and I'd like a chance to get a version of the character.

• Like Like x 3
  6. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

You can get a Ransack for $30 and probably a Crumplezone for less than $70... at those prices, why wait for inferior remakes

• Like Like x 2
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's just waffling/spacing because of the thickness of the gimmick in the backpack, so that the hollow side isn't facing forward in robot mode.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    IMG_9881.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  9. Scourge2112

This is it! The grand finale! Enjoy! (Also stay tuned for an epilogue episode soon this week!)
    The Legacy of Armada Starscream part 19:
    Episode 48 (Starscream's Final Episode!): Cramp part 2
    "I hope you realize you're playing a very dangerous game, Starscream." "I've made my choice, Galvatron. There's only one path to survive Unicron, & that's to follow Optimus!" "Why, you!" "Stay out of this, Starscream. This is between Galvatron & me. Now just back away!" "I don't mean any disrespect, Optimus, but I'm not going anywhere." "Huh?" "You understand you'll pay for this. No one defies my command and gets away with it!"
    IMG_9211-2.JPG
    "Sorry. I don't work for you anymore. I've made up my mind to bring this to an end. And once all is said & done, Unicron will be destroyed & the universe will be at peace!" "May I suggest that you have lost your mind. I'll destroy -" "Come & get a taste of my blade, Galvatron." "I'll give you one last chance to save your neck, Starscream." "My only chance is to see you unite with Optimus." "(I hope you know what your doing, Starscream.)"
    IMG_9214-2.JPG
    "I've often wondered what it would be like to battle against you, Galvatron, but your words are stronger than your fighting abilities. I'm very disappointed!"
    "You insolent fool!"
    IMG_9215-2.JPG

IMG_9220-2.JPG
    "An "A" for effort. But unfortunately your misguided aspirations are about to end in failure, Starscream."
    "This battle's far from over, Galvatron." "Oh, right. I forgot who you are: a mere Decepticon soldier whose programming has gone haywire. I admire your moxie but sadly I must inform you your brave attempt to overthrow me is about to end in failure, unless of course you decide to turn & walk away right now. And maybe if I'm still in a good mood I might spare your miserable life. This is my final offer, Starscream." "..." "Alright, then! I believe you've made your final decision, haven't you? Well, now it's time to pay the consequences, soldier!"
    IMG_9225-2.JPG
    "Oh, I'm impressed, Starscream, but not enough to be worried. So do the smart thing & back down while you still can. Better hurry & decide, Starscream! Hahahahaha..."
    IMG_9226-2.JPG
    "Time's up!"
    (Shhhhhhhhhhhhkkkk!)
    IMG_9229-2.JPG
    "You're starting to annoy me... Starscream!"
    "It's the least I can do!" "Starscream, where in the universe did you get all this power?" "Right now that doesn't... matter does it, Galvatron?" "Tell me... why did you let me run you through like that, soldier?"
    IMG_9231-2.JPG

IMG_9291-2.JPG

IMG_9299-2.JPG

IMG_9301-2.JPG

IMG_9237.JPG
    "This has all been a complete waste of my time!"
    "I remember, a very long time ago, I swore an oath to you, Galvatron. And I could never break that oath." "You had this planned all along, didn't you?" "I did, sir. But all of this could have been prevented, if you only had given me some respect." "Save your breath, Starscream."
    IMG_9238-2.JPG
    "I tried to gain favor from you. But nothing was ever good enough. No matter how many battles I fought, you always found fault."
    IMG_9239-2.JPG
    "Then I saw how Optimus treated his men, & I realized he was a leader of integrity, unlike you." "You were too weak to ever gain my respect."

IMG_9241-2.JPG
    "None of that matters now... You must listen! Do as Optimus says & join forces with the Autobots or else every last one of us is doomed!
    ...Please, sir, do it for me."
    IMG_9242-2.JPG

"No, Starscream, don't!"
    IMG_9243-2.JPG

IMG_9244-2.JPG

(Last words in Japan's Legends of the Microns)
    "SPARK OF MY SOUL...UNLEASH EVERY LAST BIT OF YOUR POWER! NULL RAY CANNON!"
    IMG_9256-2.JPG

IMG_9245-2.JPG

IMG_9246-2.JPG

IMG_9249-2.JPG

IMG_9250-2.JPG

(Last words in USA's Armada)
    "YOU'RE ALL MINE, UNICRON!"
    IMG_9251-2.JPG

IMG_9252-2.JPG

IMG_9258-2.JPG

IMG_9259-2.JPG

IMG_9260-2.JPG

IMG_9269-2.JPG

IMG_9268.JPG

IMG_9267.JPG

IMG_9269-3.JPG

(crack!)
    IMG_9270.JPG
    "What's going on out there, Alexis?"
    IMG_9271.JPG

IMG_9273-2.JPG

IMG_9273-3.JPG

IMG_9273.JPG
    To be fully concluded...

Legacy Armada Starscream digibash like Thundercracker & additional effects made using GIMP.
    Featuring Armada
    Galvatron, deluxe Optimus, Air Defense Mini-Con Team as Star Saber, Zapmaster as Swindle & Unicron, & Lego Mini-Figures as Alexis and Rad.

Last edited: May 15, 2023
    • Like Like x 11
  10. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Sprung01.jpg Sprung02.jpg Sprung03.jpg Sprung04.jpg Sprung05.jpg

All the best
    Maz

• Like Like x 12
  11. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

It took me almost 20 years to get this.

Micron Legend, Kabaya Change Micron v2 set, MISB

20230503_160905.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  12. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

• Like Like x 6
  13. Not Blitzwing

Not Blitzwing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Overriding Over Here For Now.
    20230225_201658.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  14. rikkomba

rikkomba Hunger

Lucky Draw Emergency Team, only 33 copies of each were made.
    Still missing one...
    20230503_184505.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  15. MrJazzyDrifter12

MrJazzyDrifter12 CHUG Enjoyer

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Hotshot-Armada-Poster.jpg

• Like Like x 14
  16. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Armada Hasbro Destruction Mini-Con Team Back WNS501.5NNC7100 1200.jpg Armada Hasbro Destruction Mini-Con Team NNS501.5NNC7100 1200.jpg

Destruction Mini-Con Team

• Like Like x 8
  17. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    oh yeah, that's the stuff.

IMG_9910.jpg

IMG_9914.png

IMG_9909.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  18. Scourge2112

It's over! I hope everyone enjoyed this series chronicling one of the Transformers multiverse's best characters as much as I did! Thanks to everyone who liked & followed my posts for this series, as some of these photos were tough to get right & your ongoing likes made it extra worthwile. Soon I'll be posting a dedicated thread compiling the whole series. Enjoy the ending!
    The Legacy of Armada Starscream part 20 (finale)
    Episode 48: Cramp (part 3)
    "It's over, Swindle. But he fought like a brave soldier until the end."
    IMG_9274.JPG

IMG_9275.JPG

- I tried to gain favor from you...
    IMG_9275-2.JPG
    ...but nothing was ever good enough.
    IMG_9275-3.JPG
    No matter how many battles I fought...
    IMG_9275-4.JPG
    ... you always found fault.
    IMG_9275-5.JPG
    Then I saw how Optimus treated his men...
    IMG_9275-6.JPG
    ...and I realised he was a leader of integrity...
    IMG_9275-7.JPG
    ...unlike you. -
    IMG_9275-8.JPG

IMG_9277.JPG

IMG_9283.JPG

IMG_9284.JPG

IMG_9286.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG

"...Alexis...?"
    IMG_9289.JPG
    "Why?! (sob) Why?! (sob) Why did Starscream do that to himself?!? (sob)" "I wish I had the answers, Alexis..."
    IMG_9288.JPG
    Episode 49: Alliance (Epilogue episode)
    "Wait just one minute here. You can't be serious, Galvatron. Are you saying we're going to join forces with the Autobots??" "Ah, uh, forgive me for asking, but, are you sure you're okay, sir?"
    IMG_9173.JPG
    "Hmmm... I can't believe Starscream did that..."
    IMG_9178.JPG
    "Well I'm not gonna cry for him because the traitor got what he deserved."
    "Hahahehehe, uh Galvatron, sir, why don't we say we're gonna join the Autobots, & once we're inside we destroy them once & for all!"
    IMG_9179.JPG

"From now on would you keep your mindless thoughts to yourself!"
    IMG_9183.JPG
    "Right now all I can think about is the comrade we lost. Sure he challenged my authority in a failed coup attempt & even though Starscream was a traitor he never lost sight of his oath to the Decepticons. He was a true soldier, unlike most of you!"
    IMG_9185.JPG
    "And now Unicron shows up! Just when I was about to finally crush Optimus; how inopportune! Well, maybe Starscream was right. Maybe we should join forces with the Autobots! But once Unicron is taken care of... then I'll destroy you, Optimus Prime!"

IMG_9202.JPG
    - later -
    "To unity!"
    IMG_9189.JPG
    "Hey, are you alright, Alexis?" "(sniff) Yeah, I was just thinking about Starscream. You know, he sure would have loved to have seen all this happen between them. After all, it was kind of his last request."
    IMG_9196.JPG

IMG_9199.JPG

"With this historic handshake, I, Optimus Prime pledge to both Autobots & Decepticons to fight together. We shall prevail to bring peace & harmony to the universe." "And to annihilate Unicron."
    IMG_9189.JPG

"The war between the Autobots & the Decepticons has come to an end, & without the hatred between the two sides, there was no evil to feed Unicron, & he became powerless. Both Unicron & Megatron scattered into the far reaches of the universe. As for me, my purpose has been served. Cybertron is safe & Transformers live in peace with the Mini-Cons. So the next time you look out into space & see a peaceful star far, far away, it just might be Cybertron."
    This quote is the last narration in Transformers Armada, & while it was Optimus who said it, it could also be said by Starscream after his death. Armada Starscream, a faithful & determined soldier to the very end who faced many struggles, reacted to them in rather human ways, & ultimately gave his life for a cause even greater than anything in the known universe.

End

A Scourge2112 production

Starring Legacy voyager class Armada Starscream, Legacy Evolution deluxe class Armada Hot Shot, & the otherwise original cast of Transformers Armada (from the Armada toyline):
    deluxe class
    Optimus Prime, Red Alert, Smokescreen, Scavenger, Blurr, Jetfire, Sideswipe, Hoist, super class Optimus (with Jetfire as Jet Optimus), Mini-Cons Swindle, Leader-1, Zapmaster, & @HeadConverts2Pilot's Road Assault Team's Mirage, Street Action Mini-Con Team (as High Wire, Sureshock & Grindor, & as Perceptor) Air Defense Mini-Con Team (as Sonar, Runway & Jetstorm, & as Star Saber), Race Mini-Con Team (as Downshift, Dirtboss, & Mirage, & as Skyboom Shield), Space Mini-Con Team (Sky Blast, Payload & Astroscope, & as Requiem Blaster), Megatron, Demolishor, Cyclonus, Tidal Wave, Wheeljack, Galvatron, Powerlinx Demolishor, Sideways with Mini-Cons Rook & Crosswise, Thrust, & Unicron.

Featuring Lego Mini-Figures as
    Rad, Alexis, Carlos, Billy & Fred, WFC Trilogy (Netflix) Nemesis Prime standing in for Armada Nemesis Prime, & misc. Generations Combiner Wars, Power of the Primes, WFC Siege, & Legacy deluxe class Decepticons as Decepticon army.

Legacy Armada
    Starscream digibash like Thundercracker, & additional effects created using GIMP.

Episode 6's "Null Laser Cannon" image created by @HeadConverts2Pilot.

Youtube user Siam Mim for uploading the Armada/Legends of the Microns soundtrack's Painful War by Hayato Matsuo

Special Thanks to Hasbro/Takara for making these toys & helping craft the fantastic stories around them, regardless of dubious quality.

And Special Thanks to @Thinkinboutbots for finding & selling me said
    Legacy Armada Starscream figure!

Thanks for watching!
    = )

Last edited: May 16, 2023
    • Like Like x 8
  19. Beastwarsfan95

Beastwarsfan95 Also known as Cheese House

News Credits:
    20230504_165248.jpg 20230504_164912.jpg Picsart_23-05-04_17-17-52-274.jpg Picsart_23-05-04_17-19-00-978.jpg 20230504_165613.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  20. Liokaiser1989

Liokaiser1989 Well-Known Member

Armada Hasbro Race Mini-Con Team Back WNS501.5NNC3100 1200.jpg Armada Hasbro Race Mini-Con Team WNS501.5NNC7100.jpg

Race Mini-Con Team

• Like Like x 9