The unanswered questions of Transformers The Last Knight(SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Orbital, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Orbital

Orbital Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So just got back from seeing Transformers the Last Knight and I thought it would be worth creating a thread for us to list all the questions that went unanswered during the film and what our personal theories could be of them.

Naturally a heads up if you wondered in here without having seen the film yet, their will be SPOILERS.
    So the following are questions I have after seeing the film:

How did Galvatron become Megatron?
    • Nothing is said to even confirm Galvatron became Megatron. Megatron has the same red mark on his face Optimus received from Quintessa insinuating that Megatron had made contact with her. This raises an issue with the timeline of the series. It seems that the time that passed from the end of AoE to the start of TLK was how long it took Optimus to return to Cybertron and meet Quintessa, so if she was also responsible for Megatrons return then how could Galvatron have made it to Cybertron before Optimus, be transformed back into Megatron and then return to Earth all still before Optimus landed on Cybertron?
    What happened to all the KSI Transformers after they escaped at the end of Transformers Age of Extinction?

Where did Brains go?
    • I know he said at the end of AoE he was done and was going away but it still doesn't mean he had to simply leave the group to be on his own. He could of stayed in hiding at Cade's junkyard like Wheelie was doing.
    Where did Wheelie suddenly reappear from?

What happened to the Dinobots Scorn and Strafe?

Why was the the new Transformers hunting team(I forget their name) imprisoning Decepticons?
    • This was something I found really weird in regards to their operation. In RotF N.E.S.T was formed to hunt and kill Decepticons on sight. We're shown at the start of the film they don't spare any Decepticons. In DotM we don't really see them hunt Decepticons but given they try and take on Shockwave and they take no prisoners in the battle of Chicago it seems their objective had remained unchanged. Then in comes Cemetery Wind in AoE who we know were killing every Transformer they found but in TLK this new team is taking prisoners which I wouldn't say is too out of the ordinary if it wasn't for the fact they deliberately killed Canopy at the start of the film who was an unarmed Transformer trying to flee from them or the fact they threatened to kill Bumblebee despite Epps and Morshower personally knowing him.

How did the original 13 Primes not realize Earth was Unicron when it seems a lot of Transformers that came after them figured it out or simply knew from the start?

How did Sector Seven not know about the history of the Transformers on Earth?
    • I expected some big revelation on this one. That the British government had some mass cover up from the rest of the world and thus would explain how America was out of the loop on the Transformers involvement throughout Earths history. Instead we're treated to montage of photos and paintings depicting Transformers throughout history across the globe as well as name dropping of signification historical figures who had interactions with the Transformers leading to a massive continuity issue: How did Sector Seven not know about any of it? We're told in RotF they were aware somewhat about the Seekers during the early 1900's but beyond those Transformers it seems S7 only knew about Megatron making them a pretty incompetent organization to have been oblivious to the Transformers role in historical events like World War 2.
    How did Simmons suddenly know so much about the Cybertron Knights and the fact Earth is Unicron?

What are other continuity issues or questions you have or what are your personal theories as to what you think the answers are to the questions I've listed above.

2. Liminality

Liminality Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How did Bumblebee get that ridiculously overpowered ability to reassemble himself?

Where did Optimus disappear to after flying off and then suddenly reappearing riding on Dragonstorm?

What the hell is Unicron? Should it be destroyed or not destroyed?

Why was Quintessa so easily defeated by Bumblebee's shot when the whole of Cybertron was at stake?