Heavy/Scratch: THE Ultimate Transforming Leader Optimus Prime Trailer (Jetpack/PowerUp/Weapons Ring)

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Janeails22x, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Janeails22x

Janeails22x Collector & Customizer

News Credits:
  2. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

Thumbs up!

3. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Awesome!

4. Anti Spark

Anti Spark It'S DUB Or Nothing!

News Credits:
    MOther Of God!

How I miss this!

Gonna keep an eye out on this.

5. Bigbot3030

Bigbot3030 Well-Known Member

First off let me say I love your work. I followed along with your Devie build, and actually just watched all the youtube vids for it as well. Amazing. I love how a self proclaimed novice just dives right in and attacks a project, espcially one this intense.

I think it's pretty fitting that your next project is this. I can't think of anything else that would be on the same level of madness. :thumb 
    Your solutions to these problems are pretty amazing, and you just seem to take each challenge one by one, while still having the grand picture in mind. That is the key to success, and it is very easy to get bogged down by all the details being perfect (such as having a small gap on the backside of the bent wing).

I just have one question. Why add the power up Prime armor? To me it seems like that is overreaching a bit, considering how accurate to the movies the rest of your projects follow. I completly agree with combining the ring and flight tech. It just seems like you are trying to cram anouther aspect into a already complicated project. Like trying to cram a square peg into a round hole. Yeah it could fit, but not without sacrificing something.

Do I think you can pull this off? absolutly!! I knew you were going to get devie done even before you finished. You can just tell that when you start a project like this, that you are so clearly passionate about, you finish it.

I fully realize that you probably have most of this planned out already, I just thought I'd share my thoughts. I think you had a bit more flexibilty in Devie in that you could store or have parts strewn about the different vehciles. With this you are trying to cram in all these parts into one area. Don't get me wrong, I think you should do a PUP, but maybe as a separate project not tied with a trailer. What you are doing is still a challenge. I guess I'm just trying to look out for your sanity a bit since, after watching the youtube videos, I think you and I share alot in common. We both love a challenge, the details and construction, not as into painting, and are a bit anal retentive. :)  Your many comments in the video about how that one thing "really bugs me" reminded me of the same type of thing in my own projects.

That being said, I look forward to the rest of your build, and hope to pick up a couple ideas for my own "Ring of Death".

Randy!

6. peachmizuki

peachmizuki I'm a Fighter...

Are there any plans to somehow create this trailer in mass? I really would like a proper trailer for the leader class Prime. I have always wanted the Jetwing Prime but did not purchase him because the flight tech did not look right. Good luck and I would like you to know that I am quite interested in your project. Good work so far~

7. G60Force

G60Force World Smallest Mini-Con

Ebay:
    :bay 

8. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    Thank you so much for your comments and kind words! Especially for taking the time for your detailed response.

I have to be honest with you...it has crossed my mind to scrap the Power-Up feature to fit inside the Trailer. In fact, it still is a very real possibility, and I will tell you why:

While I am building my projects I am usually thinking about the current problem I have, and then the subsequent problems it may create. As such, I am thinking about will my Jetwing engines fit? Where will they lay? I have to create the hinges like this so they don't interfere with that, etc. I have already starting planning for my shield storage between the trailer wheels on the outside of the Trailer in the event that it will not fit. Without the power up, everything fits. It sucks because I made this Giant announcement and it has been something that I wanted to do. I don't want to disappoint myself, or anyone else. I can tell you right now that it would be MUCH easier to create a transformable Power-up suit and leave it out of the trailer than cramming it in.

It's something that I continually battle with. I may end up separating it to make sure that, like you said, something isn't sacrificed, which to me, sacrificing aesthetics and movie accuracy is a huge no-no for me.

Thanks for the level headed words of encouragement. You and I MAY be on the same brain-wavelength afterall!

Thanks man. Answer to your question, No, there are no plans to mass produce.

9. prime326

prime326 Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    I cannot wait

10. Bigbot3030

I don't think anyone would be disappointed if you ditched the PUP, as long as the trailer/ring/jet pack happened. I think that's what most people want to see, since no one else has done the combination of those things yet. In fact, it wasn't until i read a response, and then re-read your original post that I realized you were even going to add the Jetfire combo. maybe I'm being to much of a movie nerd here, but those two things being separate seems more canon to me.
    In my mind, the benefits of the POP made prime get Que/wheeljack (or whomever) to build him the trailer with a weapons depot. He had to get something new since after jetfire's power ran out of the "suit" (or damaged beyond repair), it was worthless. Once he shrugged off the last booster at the end of ROTF, there wasn't much left, except to make him look beefy. I know there is a comic (japanese?) that suggested he had it later, but that doesn't make alot of sense to me.
    I know i'm being a uber nerd here in trying to put logic to a :bay  movie, and I seriously don't normally go off on rants like this. :lol 

No matter what you do, it'll turn out looking bitchin' :thumb 

R!

11. jaraxel

jaraxel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to agree with ditching the power up jetfire... I've always thought that OP just used the jetfire parts and reconfigured it into his trailer. It kinda makes sense since Jetfire is like 50' tall (double OP) and the trailer is about double his size as well. The wings / jet engines to me were reconfigured from jetfire's as well.

So having jetfire power up in the trailer actually distracts from it, IMO. Having bits if jetfire power up in the trailer makes it look more like a random bin rather then DOTM OP trailer (and all his 211039120391 weapons of mass destruction).

12. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    I think you and jax are both right. I have really been struggling with the Jetfire Power-up. Don't get me wrong, it CAN be done. I would not have started this if it couldn't. But, the more and more I have been thinking about it, along with you valid arguments, I have been nervous about the ring's feet because of the limited space with the Jetfire bits. And, truth be told, I struck a deal with a fellow board member and customizer to receive a bunch of power-up parts. However, I paid and did not receive anything for a month. He refunded my money and I haven't heard anything from him in over two months. It appears that the whole Jetfire thing being a part of the trailer is not meant to be.

Unfortunately, without the power up features in the trailer, I feel as though I would not be out-doing myself, you know? Maybe I am wrong. You're right that no one, to my immediate knowledge, has attempted or been successful at creating both the weapons ring and the flight pack out of the same trailer. I guess that counts for something, right?

This does give me a whole new lease on what I was planning and gives me some more freedom to make the feet better than the original plan. I will make the ammemdment to my project official this week.

I wi leave this open for discussion and debate of anyone else wants to weigh in on the topic. I would love to hear more opinions on this, for this or both sides of the issue.

In the end, I still think I am heading in a very exciting direction and I certainly hope every one sticks with me as I progress forward!

13. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

I say you can go for it without the PUP. Then do a second one with the Jetfire parts as well. I just love the ambition of including every possible accesory in one project.

14. Bigbot3030

Well, if you really want to out do yourself, add lights! the ring has lights on it, and the jet pack will as well. You could even try and add sound effects like Anemis does. While it may not seem like a building challenge, I think once you start trying to run wires through, you'll realize that it's tougher than it seems.
    R!

15. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    And then sell the first one!

16. Pimptimus_Prime

Pimptimus_Prime Banned

To me!

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    To a 3rd party company willing to mass produce the shit out of it.

18. Janeails22x

News Credits:
    You know what's funny? Frenzy_Rumble and I were talking about this project of mine some weeks ago, and he also suggested lights to send this over the top. I have already talked with Barricade643cus (who made an AMAZING non-transforming trailer with full blazing lights on Optimus AND the Trailer.) He already offered to help me with a light setup, which in my case, has to also work for ring and jet mode as well. I am thinking of one battery source, and few quick-connect plugs for optional configurations.

I have never done anything like that (yet again) except for in college. I am not an electrical engineer, and actually hate thinking about it :) 

However, I think this is a rad/perfect alternative to my Power-Up dilemma. We can call it "Light-Up" features instead!

WHat does everyone think? Full lights with transforming capabilities on both truck and trailer???? Will that be a satisfactory alternative?

19. vm-01

vm-01 Well-Known Member

FWI-03! Please!

20. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Pretty please!!!