The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
  2. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nice pics! Dammit, after two transformations, Megatron has a few scratches and chips. The transformation definitely got a little easier the second time around, but what I still hate about it are the clearances. The final step of pushing and rotating the arms into place as the top part of the gun is horrible, because you sort of having to manipulate them around the rest of the upper gun, and it feels as though a lot of pull is being put on a single pin (which broke on someone else's, worryingly). Getting clearance to turn the waist is a little awkward, too. Still, he's an impressive looking beast, wonky proportions and all.

On another note, I'm not sure about the automatic ratings on this forum: @OptimusedPrune: "Impressive Member". All right, but keep it to yourself. :) 

IMG_9482A.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  3. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    You're the first person to notice that :lol . It was self written as a joke.

• Like Like x 3
  4. numbat

numbat Legends Class

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Great review.

I think I experienced the massive hype / excitement running up to getting MP-5. Then the figure itself was somewhat disappointing (and more so over time as the issues began to kick in). Because of this, I was already wary of MP-36. Add to this all the doom and gloom people were throwing around on Twitter, Facebook and forums just before I got him, and I was mighty worried indeed! I was pleasantly surprised that he wasn't a disaster at all - sure his paint is flaky (very annoying but common with more recent Masterpieces) and some joints are insanely stiff (notably the hips which you need to collapse down for transformation), but he seems better put together than any of my MP Seekers for starters!

His transformation is genius too - and as a man who enjoys transforming my Transformers I appreciate that. However, it is at the upper limits of complexity for me - had it been any other character I probably wouldn't tolerate it, because it does take a little while.

I know what you mean about MP-36 and MP-10B. I got MP-10B just a day after MP-36. I think I prefer MP-10B (he's more fun to transform and his paint seems less flaky!).

• Like Like x 3
  5. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    MP 10B is just sex on legs, or wheels, guess it depends on what mode he's in, either way he's just pure glossy black evil sex.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    I used to love Manta force. The Bog Rocket was incredible fun. Looking back on it though, having little green dismembered/ melted soldiers in that set to place in the various torture chambers, etc was perhaps not ideal for kiddywinks!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  7. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    20170413154306_IMG_0835~2.JPG

Love this artwork, seems very retro to me.

• Like Like x 7
  8. numbat

numbat Legends Class

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I had that Bog Rocket! Loved it (including the little melted guys) - really enjoyed MANTA Force.

I work in bogs a lot now...

• Like Like x 3
  9. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Cannot rest until we have a bus-former.

Ebay:
    ... does your work involve flying around in a purple rocket decomposing dudes per chance?

I had the bog rocket and my next door neighbour had the proper Mantaforce ship. So when we played I was always the bad guys. Have to say it certainly made me appreciate how much fun it could be to play as the evil dudes.

I should allow myself to get too nostalgic, or I'll end up trawling eBay for Manta force stuff before the end of the day.

• Like Like x 2
  10. numbat

numbat Legends Class

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I had the Bog Rocket and my little brother had the MANTA Force ship, so like you, I learned how much fun bad guys are!

There are certainly some dudes I'd be tempted to decompose, but no, my job involves wildlife surveys and such in Scotland - and we have a lot of bogs!

• Like Like x 1
  11. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    20170413160028_IMG_0836~2.JPG

Close enough.

• Like Like x 8
  12. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    So many, many bogs, and yet, conversely, less likely to end up as in the toilet as the rest of the UK - HEEEEYYYY-YOOOOOOOOOOH!
    *Waggles glasses* A little bit of politics, Ladies & Gentlemen!

• Like Like x 1
  13. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Just putting it out there, if any of you don't want your Toyworld display stands give me a shout. Not sure if all their figs come with them now but the one that came with Cosmos specifically (and if others have similar).

14. bcm77

bcm77 Well-Known Member

Have just seen that a company is making replacement lower rear beast legs for MP Cheetor that lose the bot kibble.

If they can match the colouring with the rest of the stock figure it'll be an AWESOME upgrade.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ottertron

Ottertron Moon-faced assassin of joy

I certainly did!

16. barry

barry Well worn member

News Credits:
    I was weirdly fascinated by Manta Force. I never owned any but I just remember them being on the back covers of old 2000ad's. More obscure 80's toys on here please! Might get my Insectaurs out.

• Like Like x 1
  17. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

I never knew that even existed. I never had any of the toys but knew about it from the Eagle comic, a friend of mine had a letter printed & won one of the toys they were giving away at the time.

• Like Like x 1
  18. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Hola chicos.

Right, I've been considering my collection and inspired by some of you lads in the past couple of days.

I am considering moving my TFs to the garage, which will slowly become my Man Room.

So, question:
    Will TFs - just standard, plastic toys - fare OK inside a Detolf-ish unit in a brick room with no insulation, air conditioning, or heating? (What would be your concerns about doing this?)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rack n Ruin

Rack n Ruin Wrecker

News Credits:
    Yikes! Damp would concern me greatly. Even "normal" plastic TFs have metal screws and pins that could easily corrode.

Maybe also critters, such as spiders, insects and mice, getting in. I know our garage is prone to all these things.

Also, security and insurance. Would you be covered if your whole collection was nicked?

• Like Like x 3
  20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Insulate the room first with insulated plasterboard, decorate the inside and BOOM! Insulated man cave.

Insulated Plasterboard | Buildingmaterials.co.uk

Then you won't have to worry so much about your toys! Having said that I store most of mine in the loft, and I know it's not good for them...

• Like Like x 1