The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Does anyone know when Season 2 of Transformers Prime airs on Cartoon Network here? Haven't been in the loop of TFs that much, except for just watching the weekly episodes, which I'm enjoying.

2. Luffy20

Luffy20 Well-Known Member

Transformers prime season 1 only finished in the uk a few weeks ago. At a guess I would say about september time for the first half of the series and then about feb/march 2013 for the rest of the series.

3. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    I've just been for a gander at some of anemis' marvels in the Radicons....those are ridiculously good! For one, I can't believe he put together an MP Skyfire :eek: 

A very talented chappy indeed. Customisers on here are too good at it for my liking! :p 

So after that last episode, who's looking like the favourite for the 'Dinobot character'-arc in Prime now; Dreadwing, or Screamer after his
    strange gesture of freeing/sparing Arcee
    ?
    ........at least we know it isn't going to be Breakdown though, aye. ;) 

4. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    ^^ Certainly some interesting developments of late. The big pit fight really demonstrated how solid those insecticons are!

[​IMG]

Who? ;) 

5. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    It was the 4 inch I needed to know about, I hope there in tescos,
    I'm selling my 6inch versions,
    I totally agree that the 6inchers are better articulated and detailed and overall just look nice, but the 4inchers in person do have a certain charm, they have got enough articulation and seeing as i always display my figs in pretty much the same pose, its not a prob,
    4inchers are also well detailed for there size and best of all you can get the whole crew and they don't take up much shelf space,
    I'd of liked to keep on collecting the 6 inchers but feel there too big and the slowness of their release has put me off and we don't even know if any more will actually be released,
    Seems the cats well has dried up.

Only got knock out and hot shot on order, missed out on vehicon, hell we're all get him soon enough when he hits the shops, gunna keep my FE vehicon and use him as the commander of the rid vehicon troops,
    Screamer and vehicon are the only fe molds I have left that I wanted to keep,

Yep, he made one over 2 or 3 years ago, some of you might remember my previous avatar of animated grandus and omega standing side by side,
    The guy who brought my grandus also brought omega from anemis,
    I did chuckle to myself on the eBay listing when it pretty much mentions this being the only one, its like he's forgotten about his original and the batch of leader class versions he's making,
    I remember the original omega sold for 1200dollars, and my grandus went for around 800dollars, man oh man the dude who brought both of these must really love animated

Factory style is the best as it makes the toy look more authentic and you do this style very well bud,

I remember originally approaching anemis about making me animated grandus,
    He wanted about 7months with alot of think time involved to work out the transformation, and I think he wanted to charge me by the hour, £8 per hour for around 4-6 hours a day, it worked out at about 2grand,
    No custom is worth that,

6. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

seems like you need to have some clarifications

first off before chuckling this is a unique piece in being the only perfect version i,m doing and the rest being standard without any electronics and weapons also the first one that i sold before went for 3150.00 on ebay and i sold another one just like the first edition for someone else for 1800.00 and not 1200.00

also i NEVER charged you by the hour what i did charge for it was 1000.00 to 1200.00 and i clearly remember this

and a custom is worth what is worth period it always varies from person to person and that is one thing that i respect... something you should learn eventually

get your facts straights please before saying anything that i need to rectify later

for the rest of you guys i really appreciate the comments your saying and i really try hard to make anything i do or any other version that follow a one of a kind and your appreciation is really something that i take to heart

anemis

7. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Your work is amazing dude. I know the chap you're doing Skylynx for currently, and I just know he's gonna be damn chuffed. I aim to try and keep my work to the same high standards as yours as much as possible, even if I'm no wizard with styrene like your good self. When I start getting images and such of my progress with Superion, I'll hope you'll stop by the thread and lay some criticism on me :D 

8. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

lol if you invite me i will defenitly come and see and will be my pleasure to help....

i wish i would have more time to comment on all the great work that,s being doing in radicons but i barely manage to do everything i need to do daily with 4 kids and trying to sleep at leat 4-5 hours a day lol...

but i always do check out all of you guy,s customs and i am always amazed about what is done there...

9. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Aye I'm surprised how much you're around Radicons these days considering the amount of stuff you do. I always wondered by the way, what came of your huge Metroplex project? Did it prove too much in the end, or are you still slowly working away at it? That piece was truly shock and awe.

I'll definitely drop a link on your wall when I've got plenty for you to look at! Admittedly progress up to now has been kind of slow but, now I've someone to help with the scratchbuilding so I can focus on design and painting, things should pick up quick. I'm talking to Z_K tomorrow to go over some stuff and get the model kits for the reshell portion of the custom ordered, so we're almost there now. Should hopefully have the gestalt ready for painting by May-June time!

By the by, if you don't mind that is, but if you would PM me and confirm this for me it'd be truly awesome. We've been checking around and doing the math for figuring the correct model scale, but this is my first reshell so I'm not sure I've done it right. I'm thinking 1:108 for Skydive and Airraid, 1:107 for Firefight and 1:78 for Slingshot

10. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

for metroplex he,s still here and is not moving because i,m considering re-starting the project AGAIN and downsizing it... tihs project is old and i have so many new ideas for it, you would,nt believe it.. the main problem that i have with it, is it,s size.. i needed to make his legs static and that,s something that i never swallowed lol... because there is no joints out there that will do the job... also i,m running out of space in my workshop with this guy...

as for scales for your jets, i threw away the boxes... you can check my w.i.p for superion and i do remember that i mentionned the scales there...

whe your done, do send me a pm for your superion and i,ll help ;) 

anemis

11. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    God damn man, that's a fair lot of work to throw away! Of course, you can probably reuse everything you put into the first one, but still, you looked so close to finishing him! He's an absolute beast, it'll be a shame not to see him finished but I guess it'd be a bit of a pain to transform and display anyway right :lol 
    That's a pretty big point there, and not surprising when I think about it. It's not like things would change too much if you downsized, it'd just be easier to handle and cheaper materials-wise. You could still do him large, but I guess five feet is a bit ridiculous... maybe just two feet? :p 
    Either way, I look forward to the revival! I remember finding your thread on the guy here years ago when I was new to tfw, and was simply astounded. Lights inside the tower buildings, the way they folded down for bot mode, the whole head...was amazing for a kid to see such a thing.

hmm awesome! I'll pop over now and have a look. I'm on a tight budget for this project so getting it right first time is always a priority. Hell, that's why I'm doing things like bot heads and weaponry in sketchup and printing via shapeways. No one-offs, no risk.

Will do man, thanks for being a legend :D 

12. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:

Think you misinterpreted my post a little bit, none of what I said was ment in a negative way,
    Your scratch building skills are of the highest standards and everything you touch turns to gold,

I approach you about making grandus because I wanted the best and you fitted the bill perfectly, and I do remember you working out a price guide which stated 4-6 hours a day at said rate, then you estimated time for completion and yeah it did work out around 1200-2000 as the time frame needed was estimated, so from my point of view I would of potentially needed 2000 for said custom - hence me quoting that price,

Its not a question of getting my facts correct, and I'm not asking for your clarification, you remember one thing and I another, respectively what makes you correct and me wrong?

Yeah maybe I got the price wrong on what you animated omega sold for, I remember it being around that price before the auction ended,
    And me saying I chuckled wasn't anything sinister but more a fun chuckle, especially when you word "this is the only animated omega supream fully featured in existence" yeah we know you made another one but alot of people who might stumble on to the eBay might not know this, or even fellow board members who don't check out the radicons section,
    The title is a little bit misleading so I chuckled - that's it, no need to feel like you have to explain yourself,

And yeah a custom is only worth what someone is willing to pay, and I personally don't think any custom is worth 2000 and I'm pretty such I'm not alone on this,
    Facts corrected.

On another not, I'm hoping for prime knock out - cm on postie don't let me down lol

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    I could totally justify £2k on an Animated scratch build. But I think that says more about me that the majority.

Still, a good level headed response. Kudos.

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would say that for a one off, that price is reasonable since it requires engineering research too.

As a fellow Radicon i must say Anemis has been one of my inspirations over the past few years and i hope to take on some stuff I've observed from him and Wikkid when I come to amalgamating the two cheetor toys and building a classics overlord.

15. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    Animated sure still has a great appeal to many fans, and I was once apon a time one of them, and I did dropp alot of silly money getting figures early or commissioning customs, something I do regret as money was tight but at the same thoroughly enjoyed,
    I did end up paying £270 for animated grandus, this price I could justify and at the time I had a huge thing for the cyber ninja corps,

Primusx1 is also a great scratch builder and all should check out his work, sadly not on these boards anymore, and I don't think he actually posted much of his work here,

The one radicon I miss the most is ramrider - I really used to love chatting to him about customs, his presence is sadly missed as he's such a friendly approachable guy,

Come on postie daddy wants his knock out

16. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just got my signed issue 80 script through the post and an AT-AT TF, no Knock Out yet though...

17. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I always seem to have amazing luck when kapow post stuff to me as i always get them the next day,
    Tuesdays are usually a quiet working day for the postie, I'm hoping that the van driver will have my package and should turn up arount 12ish,
    Fingers crossed,

18. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
  19. JazzyHide!!

JazzyHide!! Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Waiting on a Knockout from kapow too, royal mail inmy area bit crappy though.

20. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep, same here, but not usually with the morning post, it often comes later.