The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

Thanks for igear pointers chaps.

Order placed...

2. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Soundwave price is sans postage, it would be in the £16 mark with. Maybe see if someone can help you get one with the 25% discount thats going on? I grabbed a second one full price the second I saw it in sainsbury's, thinking there would be plenty of people here that would be in need of one for cost + postage. Then the sale kicked in the next day. Bugger!

As for Beast wars, I have a few bits going. My personal Beast Wars highlights are:

The original Optimus Primal: Chunky, sturdy, poseable, full of character and RIDICULOUSLY loaded with weaponry! Just the way 90's action figures should be! Plus, gorilla!
    Tigerhawk: Not the most posable as the above, but a thing of beauty. Weep as you realise they don't make transformers as sturdy as this anymore!
    Silverbolt: Probably the most show accurate figure of them all, and great quality!
    Transmetal Tarantulas: Wouldn't look out of place if he was released in a current generations line. Lovely colours, paint apps and posing.
    Magnaboss: This guy divides, but I love him. Regal looking, and, along with tripredacus, the greatest lesson never learned as to how awesome combiners can be if they don't follow the "He's a leg. He's an Arm. He's a torso." pattern of play. I own three!

There's plenty of cheap beasties on ebay if you want to test the waters, but you cant go wrong with any of the above. (IMO!). I'm sure others will have their suggestions!

The lack of paint apps and size bum me out a bit, but I'm still stoked to see Ratchet on the shelves (he's second wave, so I'm reasonably confident he'll turn up here eventually!). How does he 'feel' in hand? Light and cheap, pleasingly sturdy, or somewhere in between? Love the look of his knives!

3. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Got FE Bulkhead earlier, he's a nice figure for £30, (you know what the aftermarket is like though, I WISH I paid that!) Ordered FE Starscream earlier too to go along with the two cyberverse figures I own.

Think I'll be ok until Ratchet, Soundwave or Vehicon appear before me now. I'm going by the rule i have to see them in person so I get the thrill of the hunt and can save money in the meantime to spend elsewhere, like on Gokaiger figuarts (silver, blue and green should be easy enough as the prices haven't skyrocketed like they have on the girls.) I have Marvelous and he is fantastic!

Last edited: Mar 6, 2012
  4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah somewhere inbetween. He's a lot heavier than soundwave - isn't everything? Lol but he feels good and solid still. I'd say on par with wheeljack.

But that's just me. I don't feel he's too lacking in paint apps either after all in the show he is fairly bland but it's nice to complete the line up of bots! Now just for the cons!

5. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Cool, can't wait. I'm only after Ratchet from wave two, but the wait for wave three will be agonizing as I really want Knockout and Vehicon. (And maybe Hotshot. I think he'll be a quick Prack Fix on a quiet summer eve!).

Vehicon will be a nightmare to find. Scalpers and/or army builders are going to be all over that one!

6. nellie131

News Credits:
    Then my tip for you is keep an eye out for pre orders and on here! It pays to dive right in or regret it later these days being a uk fan!

7. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Mate, when RID ratchet hits retail here- im going to be buying one, to get you to use your magic skills on ;) 

Its a more positive thought than the misery that was forest tonight

8. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Yeah, I know the score! Banking on anything beyond wave three is usually a bit of a gamble for us. I'd be tempted to pre-order from kapow, but I just can't afford pre-order prices right now. If I'm honest, I'm actually really enjoying the buzz of going into the shop and seeing if they have new stuff as opposed to getting stuff online before a domestic release.

9. Jaicen

Jaicen Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm with you there, I LOVE hunting for these things. I did it when the ROTF line starting showing up in Sainsburys at £6 each, so I picked up almost the whole line. It's so much more fun picking them up then rushing home to crack it open.
    I'm just hoping that they sell really well and we get to wave three...

10. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I have never understood the 'thrill of the hunt', to be honest. To me, it's just going out to find that the one store I don't go to has the figure I want, so I miss it. I then have to go out a second time, and if I am lucky I pick it up then, and it's on sale the next day. I would much rather pre-order - even if it costs a little more - and know that I have secured the figures I want, and then get that rush when they are delivered to my door and I open up a large cardboard box and pull out the toys.

11. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I hear ya, and pre-ordering is definitely preferable, particularly if its a figure you really want. However, I have a sainsbury's 100m up the road that is pretty good for TF's, so its not a huge issue to wander up for 10mins.

I guess my resolve will be truly tested when the Knockout and Vehicon go up for pre-order on Kapow!

12. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Well, I usually have three categories of Transformer figure - really like; preorder, kind of like; wait for a supermarket or high street release, don't like; skip.

The high street category are figures that I kind of like, but not enough to pre-order and I have to accept that I may not ever see them in stores and may never pick them up. But, they are worth a sale or a 'bad day reward' so that there is always something that I could pick up.

13. nellie131

News Credits:
    Mint - a prime custom :D  and yes life at the city ground is bleak! So much changed since I was a junior red in 1995-1997! Makes me sad they are such a poor side compared to how good they used to be! :( 

14. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Wave three should be fine. Anything beyond that... *adopts Yoda voice* Clouded, the future is.

Here's hoping we get wave three or four during the annual Sainsbury's clusterf**k. Could be a good way to boost a vehicon army (or give Knockout another Knockout to admire!)

15. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Im thinking g1 first aid;) 

Yeah, its just a very miserable place. I cant believe they blew it again tonight.

95-97 was a golden time, stan the man, psycho, coops, roy etc

Now its like theyve been replaced with traffic cones

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    Since Arcee and Ratchet aren't due 'til May, apparently, i'm wondering if they're just skipping to the wave with Knock out and the Vehicon, where they're repacks.

I'm in an uncharacteristically optimistic mood all of a sudden.

17. Skywarp SCS

Skywarp SCS AKA "Pretender Skywarp"

That would actually make perfect sense and prevent older stock clogging up the shelves. It might even increase sales as newer characters turn up and the line won't seem stale to parents.

Which is exactly why Hasbro UK won't do it....

18. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Sometimes we get 2 item waves sometimes we don't.

I think it makes more sense to not get them and get the repacks personally so long as we don't miss any characters...

I notice Australia is getting the Starscream/Bumblebee two pack as well - I wonder if one of the UK retailers will take it up as a UK store exclusive ? - seems ideal for Sainsbury's to me.

Wish I'd know the Captain America was down to £2.50 now as well as last I saw it had not been reduced from £5.00 yet. I'd like to get that one in a Parka Jacket and Camo Trousers he looks kinda cool.

I was wondering have Tesco Extra got new stock in of Iron man 2 as clearance en mass or just getting rid of stock they have had for months... I do keep wondering if by some miracle something decent might show up from some grey importer source as we got a terrible selection of Iron man 2 toys and when I see all we missed out on it royally gets on my nerves... Hulk Buster/Mandarin/Titanium Man and so on.

19. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

From the pictures I've seen the Bumblebee is liveable with, just. But the massacre of colours they put on Starscream is just awful! :lol 

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I was on my tablet last night so I couldn't copy/paste a link (well I could but OMG, what a pain on a touchscreen and no keyboard/mouse) but here.

G.I. Joe Baroness | Sideshow | ModelZone AASS300080

Except I'm getting it from FP instead. Oddly the google search on my tablet is different to my PC... I digress.

Yeah, its hella expensive, is gonna be big, and I'm going to get murdered for it. HOWEVER. In my defence...

-its for Birthday/Christmas, no frivolous festive gifts for myself. So no Lego X-wing or anything else I'd been eying up.
    -Since I'm not getting into mainline TF's, (Cyberverse only and a couple of deluxes and Optimus Prime (for display) only), which so far I've stuck to means I can afford this. Cliffy always tempts me, but now he's DEFINITELY off the cards.
    -I'm also a big Action Force/GI Joe fan from back in the day.
    -Value of Sideshow apparently always shoots up after release.
    -I really wanted that Baroness/Ravage statue from a few years ago, but never got it. Was it cancelled? Anyway that left a void in my life this 'figure' will fill.
    -She looks FUCKING AWESOME.

Hmm the last few are me stretching it a bit. If I suddenly stop posting around July time, its because I was murdered by my wife and have ended up underneath the patio.