The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Did the 'fix' on mine last night.

Nothing to be worried about apart from being careful when unscrewing the arms. The screw holding the arm to the body has a screw behind them. Similar thing goes for the shoulder ratchets.

2. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

What's this about Ironhide's shoulders being wrongly assembled? Any before'n'after pics? Or have I got to go and wade through the Ironhide thread?
    Takara really do seem to have let standards slip lately:
    - Blackarachnia torso parts wrongly assembled
    - Poor chrome durability on Ironhide, Hot Rod and (I assume?) Ratchet
    - Ramjet shoulder misassembly
    - Ironhide shoulder misassembly

It's a shame really. I wonder if it's the effect of 3P competition, causing them to cut corners to compete?

3. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):

strangely, I find that my 'need' for tf that look, feel and well, dont break, like toys comes from the legends hasbro stuff, while my 'need' for cool looking stuff comes from 3p companies. i've sort of come to terms with that, i've had lots of fun making customs of tap out, glyph etc etc, with the bumblebbe, blackjack, and chopshop mold. also when u can find a bumblebee at 6£ (toys r us) breaking molds and part swapping isn't as hefty than ruining a 15£ figure.

4. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    From what I can figure out there's no missassembly but you can swap a part round that hides the shoulder ratchets and makes it a bit tidier but can cause issues with parts fitting properly in alt mode. Or something like that.

5. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    My my my so much material to work with.

Quiet night. Well no its wasn't really but I keep being told scanning TFW during maritals/infidelities just isn't on. So.

Dx9 Blitzwing. I love Dx9's work thus far. They and Badcube are really the ONLY Companies keeping my head anywhere near the MP Game and a big feck-off Blitz like that may very well be all the Noisy Triple-changing Scrap I never knew I needed. So that's another extension on the 4 More to Go rule.......

Paying Rupert Murdoch for anything. Is a huge fucking no-no. I've relaxed my no hypocrites allowed rule to let my Son have Netflix and then I watch Daredevil on that. So that is kind of paying for telly. Plus the License fee. Which is also paying for telly. So a fair amount of paying for TV is actually going on, but as long as it's not to that Antipodean/Yank/Sino Cunt involved I suppose it's bending without breaking.

Full nappies. Being a Grandparent means losing your sense of smell and handing the wee-ones back to Daughter pretending you hadn't noticed anything amiss. You'll all get there one day.

Lots spent this month but not much actually coming through the door. What will be next? Ratchet won't really count as that's pretty much intended/promised for sale and I won't even be opening the box.

Mightron? Or Dx9 Kup/Arcee?

6. Destronus

Destronus Ay up

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What's everyone's opinion on toyworld infinitor ,in terms of poseability and matching with a comic accurate masterpiece display ?

Couple sites have had him for 55 shipped for a couple weeks now but just been hovering over the order button

7. Susha

Susha Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I must say that I make an exception for uk tv. BBC horizon is as good as any scientific publication, most of the time they even have interviews with different professors. This year I was also impressed with the catching up tv has done with series; shannana chronicles for examples aired just a month or 2 later than it did in us tv.

but I am Italian, an Berlusconi did everything he could to ruin public tv (Rai) when he got elected, cos he had the other 4 free tv channels.
    but i've never tried netflix. it just doesn't make sense to me to pay something i can get free. Plus several products I really like have gone with the free view formula (the short street fighter series on youtube, and isn't Black Sails free, or is that netflix?)

as to grandparenting, my parents don't seem to remember much of them days :) 

dont u have if dinobots on preorder? shouldn't that come aorund before dx9 kup?

8. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    So, MP scale Blitzwing, we have DX9 and KFC, I don't think I really need to go and compare the heft and feel of the materials used between Tyrant and Apollyon, yeah yeah Apollyon is XTB and not KFC but really they are the same company, but for me the choice is an easy one.

9. Vanessa

I am looking at DX9 Blitzy too, but I need to know 'bot height with some MP comparisons, and also to see the alt modes before I decide.
    I was not impressed with Chigurh's alt modes.

10. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Going by the pics looks to be around mp10 height.

Regarding MP Ironhide shoulders, just been looking at official pics and it does indeed look like if you can see the ratchets at the top of the shoulder then it is wrong.

11. PAPY OPTI

PAPY OPTI Robo friendly

As far as I can remember prototypes Gewalt is slightly bigger and taller than his comrade Chigurh. I guess he'll be criticised for that by those who get scale attention and I can understand that. But to me if it's the compromise to get 3 great modes I'm all in. And I know the build quality (erratic QC may always happen) will be good with DX9.

And come on: a tank and a jet... He MUST be beefy right ? :) 

12. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Yep. He was/is a Mig 25/31 which is bigger than an F15 which is already a pretty hefty size. Not that fidelity to Alt Modes is much to do with anything in a hobby that thinks it has a Scale-chart.

As long as the Dx9 quality is there I couldn't give a shit what the rival products are like, I'll likely be happy with this one.

13. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    That DX9 Blitzwing does look fucking nifty. On the other side of the scale, IF Blizzard arrived today. Hmmm. He's taking some getting used to. Not in a long while has a figure needed breaking in as much as this. Tolerances and tightness are insane. On the plus side he's a proper looker and poser and a respectably ambitious piece.

14. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Am trying to think of a scenario where I'd choose XTB over DX9... no, still struggling.

In all seriousness, though, the DX9 one would have to, I dunno, transform into a turnip and some pants for me to risk the XTB gamble. Don't get me wrong, I have XTB stuff (Andras? It's good, stupid feet aside. Apollyon? BURN IT WITH FIRE), but I find it hard to imagine a scenario where I'd go for them if there's another option. Plus the DX9 one looks great IMO.

15. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    A robot that transforms into a turnip and some pants?, where can I get one?

Just done the shoulder fix on MP Ironhide, pretty quick and simple enough, his shoulders do look a bit tidier but I wouldn't say it's something that has to be done.

16. Vanessa

Any idea how tall Chigurh is?
    And, is there a pic guide for the Ironhide fix?

I'm going to be THAT GIRL and say that I'm not so keen if Gewalt is taller than Chigurh. I always had Chigurh as being pretty tall, especially as his alt modes are also meant to be big.

Any chance of a Boastful Manfish review of him?

Any hints on how to do the fix then?
    I'm reluctant to do so without some form of guide.

17. logan OO1

logan OO1 Well-Known Member

That's quite a change in your tune there compared to a month or so back lol

18. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    What he said. Does make the bot mode a tad tidier, though.

19. logan OO1

logan OO1 Well-Known Member

https://youtu.be/qg3yeUSx5gw

20. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Chiggy is a bit bigger than MP 10, I don't have it anymore though.

Ironhide fix, have a video, it's just 6 screws and swapping the shoulder bits over, takes about 10 mins.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qg3yeUSx5gw

Old pic of Chiggy with MP 10 KO.

[​IMG]

Should give you an idea on height.

Completely agree, while I do much prefer the comic character of Shockwave Laserwave is just the better toy to handle/transform and just mess about with. Shelf space is limited so I had to make room too.