The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Did you see my previous post... I ended up not getting that chopshop...

So you guys are the martyrs on your own. Still paying 26, Seeaich ,or about that for 3 is not bad. Considering you could pay upwards of 11 for each potentially.

I was eyeing up getting shockwave from abroad next too.

Bitter sweat morning, RIP Phife Dawg :cry 

2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    I'll only really be upset if United/TAV Rumble & Frenzy turn up, in truth I've accepted it as TF karma for them and Takara FOC Blaster. Just like a good tongue-in-cheek chunter, there's worse going wrong in the world after all.

If only we could harness our powers for fun & profit!

With the pace of this thread can you really be surprised by a missed post? Glad you made it out unscathed, soldier, remember us fallen fondly!

One of the dudes from A Tribe Called Quest at 45?!
    Now that is really taking the pi$$, 2016 is the supervillain serial killer that cannot be stopped!!! :mad 

3. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Thanks to several gents in this thread for their honourable sacrifices upon the import altar! I ended up buying Shockers from Orbital myself, which halfway counts, right? I've now got that Chop Shop that Seeaich enabled me on waiting to be collected from my local Entertainer, since they take the "pay after delivery" option from Paypal and payday is impending...

Speaking of enablement, anyone want my one of the Smokescreen from that Iron Factory set that Optimashed is showing off? I love the little guys and want to keep Prowl for myself but I'm pretty set on not getting into IF Legends scaled stuff and am trying to kid myself that it'll be easier to resist if I sell half my collection off. ;)  £15 plus postage to anyone who wants him, with his handgun and optional roof piece.

[​IMG]

Realised that this guy goes nicely with the FOC Magnus I've customised for myself, although it's pretty amusing that he's still taller despite Magnus having my custom double-jointed knee height extensions fitted... I've got plans for a slightly more Galvatron-y chest though, since it's easy to replace the one from the WFC Megs mould without damaging the toy at all. A lot of hassle and faffing when I know the Titans Return Galvy is coming out soon, but this one's almost in UK comic colours so I'm prooooobably going to keep him like this. :p 

4. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I noticed you ventured into the Hulkie thread after all, so I tentatively followed suit, as your back-up.

5. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah be careful with them, its not worth ruining them so its a shame you'll be dipping in and out but hopefully you can find a balance that works :) 

On Arcee, not a bad idea, although the only thing that puts me off the TT version is the slight 'stepford wives' look the head has... although overall it has nicer colours.

Brilliant, love how they look together. Can't justify buying Grapple but Maketoys have excelled themselves with this mold. More please.

Great review Maz. Its a real shame about its flaws.

Aw no, really? That's sad news.

6. motorthing

motorthing Don't blink you might miss.........

News Credits:
    :thumb 

Glaug: I'll take Smokey if not gone already?

7. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I'm being told on the CW Appreciation Thread that CW Hound is too chunky looking and would make a better Detritus, but to my memory isn't Detritus a straight repaint of G1 Hound anyway?

8. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yep he was.

9. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    So can I just respond with WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

10. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yay new Transformer time! I just picked up CW Sky Lynx and MP Hot Rod from Orbital! Ahh, I can still my shaking withdrawl hands. Although of course Hot Rod has just been futured (literally the first I did upon opening the box) so I have to sit him out for an hour or so.

@ Glaug, also picked up the Apeface! Cheers!

11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That is a great Galvy! I have to thank you, Mr.G, that spare Roller you passed on has come in very handy for Pipes!

[​IMG]

Headcanon @$$hattery of the highest order....he'd clearly be a better Brawn!!! :p 
    I can see how for some he could be a bit hench for Hound, for I am among that number but to say he'd make a better version of a straight repaint of Hound? :rolleyes2 
    Truthfully I wouldn't mind if they used that TF scheme for TR Brawn the way they have Dead End's TF scheme for Chromedome though.

12. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Grabbed me some of those CW Motormaster hip ratchets from Masterforce (ordered yesterday, here today - Morg da' man). They're great, but it's actually the shoulder clips that make the biggest difference. Think with the alternative leg configuration Motormaster can now actually stand proud with the others. Looks good.

13. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Seeaich, I am not worthy, haha. Pipes looks really cool there with rolloer. Thought i might end up missing pipes because of the costs as he was last place on the need list but thankfully not. Love the colour scheme and the huffer one which i don't have, though not sure either will fit in my collection. Probably find a place.

Incase anyone missed it this morning if you want cw legends wave 5 they are at the enertainer. As passed on via Jotele via the sightings.

Sweeny and Seeaich, yeah 2016 which is not half way yet must be stopped. Not many artists I feel such a connection with but yes tribe called quest, five foot assassin aka phife diggity aka mighty sparrow.

Glaug, galvy is awesome. Works really well. Keep him as a deluxe version for your non existent IF collection..

Kit, why you been torturing yourself.

14. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

You know, it's funny but I was thinking Swindle would make a nice Detritus with a new head, even if I don't like the mould much as Hound! Take that as you will, I guess...

Woohoo! I'm super fond of both the guys you picked up, and glad Apeface is in your shaky little hands :p 

Those guns are very Pipes-y! I'll be having a play around with my own once he turns up, although I am very tempted to keep the iGear "Tubes" as "my" Pipes on my shelf, since he's got my custom head.

EDIT: Cheers Banjo re: hips and Cha Chi re: Galvy :D 

15. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    That's the survivors' guilt talking! Don't sell yourself short, you're a war hero - it's just the shell that landed near you was a dud! (Yeah, I went back & read your post properly.)

IMHO they are a bit to anime heroic in scale but dem guns is too nice to mess about cutting down. I know I shouldn't complain as it is an extra bit of paint but I'm still irked that they painted his eyes silver when an entirely red face would've made faceplating him up that much easier.

If anyone else is thinking about Roller-ing their Pipes or doing the gun transplant, it seems (at least on the evidence of mine) that a bit of degradation may be creeping in to the Huffer/Pipes mould in that his 5mm ports and the post on the gun he comes with seem that smidge wider. Roller needed a lick of nail polish to actually grip in his head port and I had to Future both fists to stop OP's blaster swivelling about. (He's rocking Huffer & OP's guns, and Dragonrider OP has his, as Pipes rifle is a similar reddish/brown-base black plastic to Smokescreen's knees and HFG where Huffer & OP's are a similar, 'cooler' grey/black.)

16. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Thanks for the heads up on the CW Legends, Shockie was gonna be one of the last CW figs I buy, so he is ordered.

17. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    So... uh, why is MP Hot Rods courage 7?

Edit
    Oh the original had a courage of 7... which is stupid. It got fixed for Targetmaster Hot Rod, but I would have thought TT would have updated the specs. Tsk tsk.

18. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    He has a high intelligence, the whole Prime dying and him getting the matrix was all planned.

19. Milyor

Milyor Well-Known Member

FYI Kapow toys have a sale on, I'm going to cave and get MP-18B...

20. tikgnat

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    MP Hot Rod. YUS.

That is all.