The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

They should use your pics to sell it - he looks fantastic! I am definitely thinking about ratchet now....

2. Napalm

Napalm Drinking About Robots TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Amazing how much of a difference your photos make, ambitron. Seriously.

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Exactly - If Takara had shown photos like this imagine how much the rage on the forums would have reduced.

4. jame5y

jame5y Till All Are One..In the UK Thread

Nah there still would have been the outrage of HIP FLAPS - it beggars belief some people's level of hate for something

5. RobS

RobS Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I bet the majority of the whingers have bought it anyway, or are now rushing to get one after seeing some in hand pictures and videos. I can honestly say I don't recall ever being dissapointed with a masterpiece figure yet, maybe I have lower standards than some?

6. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    He's.....he's so beautiful......can't wait to see the MT trucks with him. They look around the same height?

Amazing pics. I echo the others. Takara really need to sort out their oen photography.

7. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

The website still has it at £50, was this instore or something?

Also, I thought it was the black one that had issues and the white one fixed them?

8. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Man. There's the Ratchet I want. Right there.

Just make that one Takara. It will be better. No point trying to do cartoon accurate with those hip flaps present anyway :lol 

9. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thanks!

He is indeed beautiful, with a great shiny finish. His size, finish and accessories make him feel like a proper high-end figure, with the same sort of "wow" factor as something like MP-10. Definitely looking forward to Ratchet. I'm also looking forward to seeing how Hot Rod turns out in-hand - he's another figure that's come in for a lot of flak but I think he'll turn out well based on photos from toy shows looking a lot better than official photography.

10. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Having watched the video review MP Ironhide is a real feat of TF design and engineering but for me, even though most in hand photography looks better than the initial pics, his face still seems a tad too thin/long and therefore youthful for me. It surely is a masterpiece in the literal sense though.
    I am starting to wonder if it's a bit of a cultural visual aesthetic bias as it seems to me that is the same issue I have with CW Ironhide's noggin, which I believe was designed by Shogo Hasui (I was sure I'd seen a preview pic of Wave 4 that had a sticker on the bubbles that said as much, can't find it for the life of me now though).

Also I would love a set of 5mm compatible versions of the gadgets and gewgaws for the CW version.

11. RobS

RobS Well-Known Member

THAT'S IT! I'm organising a lynch party :lol 

12. PAPY OPTI

PAPY OPTI Robo friendly

TT Ironhide will be on the front of the scene for some time I guess. Like Magnus I think the mould is nice and clever. But I don't think he's gonna be my Ironhide as I don't focus on the cartoon.

What I'm sure though is Maketoys Iron Will IS my future Hardhead. Like Sixo you've written a fair review of the toy. Really liked your tone and your photos. Great work Napalm ! :thumbs2: 

13. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm not turning my "hate" or "whining" down. The proportions are still all over the shop, the dinky little head and horse face look like its floating over a much bigger torso than it can fit and those thighs and nappy........ugh. And more ugh, like the boots.

I'll grant the finish looks spiffy.

There........balance restored :D 

14. Unclejoe420

Unclejoe420 Well-Known Member

Right.. now my Rampage repaint project is done, who's next? hehe

15. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Pfft, your opinion is invalid because... Hang on a moment, let me just pop to the 3P forums and remind myself of the reasons why other people's opinions on figures aren't valid. :D 

16. RobS

RobS Well-Known Member

Rereading what I typed, I realised it sounded better in my head, appologies if I caused any offence by sounding like an arse :)  to be honest, motorthing I like the fact that you just stated why you don't like a figure and left it at that, rather than take the view of 'I don't like it and I'm going to critisise anyone who does' - Again this sound better in my head, but you get the gist.

:D :D :D 

17. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    You can find that much closer to home my friend :D 

I'm fine with being odd one out here. The aesthetics are all over the place and just don't work for me. If they do for everyone else now........cool. There are certain characters I'm ok with never owning in "definitive" form. Ratchet is going to feel like more of a wrench as He was one of my Heroes from the comic.

18. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ironhide is looking much nicer in you guys pictures, but there are still bits about him im not keen on, his waist and feet for example
    This, I'm hoping ratchet does look great to me, but I'm still not sure he will.
    I got a card from work today thanking me for ten years of service. Had a £25 gift card in it, unfortunately I can't use it at masterforce, kapow, tfs express or Amazon.

19. PAPY OPTI

PAPY OPTI Robo friendly

This. With MF, Kapow or TFS Express gift cards, our wives wouldn't have to think about birthday present :D 

20. Cha Chi

Cha Chi Minimondomayhem

News Credits:
    Looks good, subtle poses look much better than action pose which allot of pictures have been. Having seen allot of pictures of IH it is interesting that takara have picked a look for him, he looks accurate but i do wonder if the source material was a different variation(as the animation does) he could have almost looked different. His head could look different, His waist could have less height, i feel his cab chest could even sit alittle lower on the waist then you might not have the black underneath peeking through and his cab chest might seem more solid/whole. All of which would make him shorter which imo is not a bad thing. I can see how there is so much to appreciate about IH but the holsters still bug me, it seems such a shame they couldn't get rid of them.

Anyhow, he still looks brilliant, the styling/look seems authentic as challenging as that is. Great shots too.

Brilliant picture, so cool looking.