The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    He's more likely to answer emails regarding stuff like that than PMs.

I would but I let my spare Sunny go a few months ago. Good luck finding him though.

Regarding the Warpath case, the only two I'd be interested in would be Warpath himself and maybe Thundercracker.

2. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Splendiferous, I admit I'm a bit excited! Getting things sorted, receiving a case of fresh tfs (first time I've received a wave case :p ), sending everything out, completing the classics collection as it currently stands....exciting! :D 

If you know anyone in need of a TC let em know, much rather have every figure a home than try and sell it on later.

But to everyone who's staked their commitment to a figure, please PM me your delivery addresses as soon as humanly possible so I have you all on record.

Bovril- that's good to know, I hope he can help out.

Storm- hmm fair point, might email him later on. There is a single Thundercracker left if you fancy him. Warpath's all gone though, sorry...

EDIT::

I've got one set of details so far folks, once I've got you all on file I'll do a little quick math and send you your totals for to-your-door shipping.

Just emailed bbts quickly too to get a more accurate expected delivery time for the case. Since it's so close to the end of this university semester (three and a half weeks) I need to make sure the case goes to the address I'm at at the time. I have a feeling it could arrive just before I go home or a week after I get home, so I will make sure.

If it's too close, I'll have the case sent to my parent's house and will send it out over the first week of the easter holiday. I will keep you all updated.

3. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Received my Energon Constructicons this morning, which means my Energon combiner fascination is now complete.

Just waiting on Grimstone that I ordered in November, that should be here tomorrow, Lugnut from Kapow, and Wheeljack and Warpath from Toyz&Gamez, and that's me officially done until June at the earliest.

4. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    PM'd you, Master Blaster. :thumb 

Huh. I didn't even know there was a toy shop in Trowbridge! I'll check it out. Also, has anybody visited Automattic Comics in Corsham? Apparently the store might have some TF imports, but I'm not sure if it's worth a trip down there or not.

5. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome, all figures in the generations case of 8 are now spoken for! :D 

Everyone who contacted me with regards to commitment to a figure, please PM me your shipping address and whether you would like me to ship your figures out loose/MISB. I'll do a group PM in a little bit with totals for each of you and paypal details!

Thanks everyone else for being patient with this being done in the thread. With so many people involved I thought it better everyone could see it in the same place.
    We now return to your regular topic!

6. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    SMASHING BEDS WITH HAMMERS! :rock 

What have you lot done to me. I was an ordinary wishy-washy girly last week; now I'm all about power tools and sledgehammers and display cases.

7. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You've gone pro ;)  :lol 

It's like, yesterday I was deciding on whether I should build my own tesla coil. Cos I kinda wanna play the Imperial March through lightning :rock 

Does remind me, if I manage to get out of my housing contract I am totally buying some display cases for my generations displays. Things fawking rawk.

8. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

Going pro was the best thing I ever did. I used to ink my comics by hand, now I just spit the ink at the page and watch the magic happen.

9. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Just want to put a shout out to my homeboy Andy, the best (plastic) crack dealer a guy could ask for :D 

10. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Aw man, if you build a Tesla Coil you totally have to play this through lightening. All I know about Tesla I learnt from Command & Conquer...probably not a great approach to history :lol 

And I am so excited about getting my Detolfs and Besta. Mainly because I'll actually be able to see all of my TFs, rather than the ones who can come out to play for a day or so before being boxed up again >_<

11. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    hmm that'd sound pretty awesome on a teslaphone, might need two or three coils for best quality though.

Of course I can't build a tesla coil just yet (maybe next year).. I know all the theory and engineering etc but getting hold of the equipment could take time....not to mention I'm sure someone will have their eye on anyone building something as dangerous as a tesla coil in their back garden :lol 

hmm detolfs are the square glass cabinets right? Thinking of picking up two or three of em, top shelves for classics/ generations, one shelf for BW and one shelf for the movie universe.

Someone just posted a posed picture of DoTM Sentinel Prime in the cool stuff thread...boy is that figure a must have. Might actually be a better figure than...wait for it....LC RoTF Optimus Prime!

12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    If you do go, let us know if its any good, as thats only about 20 miles away from me.

13. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Yes, Detolfs are these. I'm going to finally be able to organise my collection by type (G1, Beast Wars, CHUG, Movieverse, TFA) and then have my larrrge ones on the top in a battlefield display, cross-fingers :) 

14. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah that's em! Beauties they be, definitely getting at least two.

My old shelves do okay, but they're packed now and just not deep enough to hold all my tfs properly.

15. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

Having just had a good attic rummage for my Classics Toyss, is there any difference between them and the Hot Rod/Cyclonus in the BIS set?

Other than the colours/comic/matrix?

Since they cost me 10 pound each, and BIS seems quite a lot more esp for a really horrid Hot Rod scheme....

16. wildfly

wildfly Fermenting pork tube.

News Credits:
    BIS Roddy appears to have some qc issues, and possibly cheaper plastic.

If you wanted the BIS Cyclonus, somebody would probably do a swap with you?

17. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Definately cheaper plastic, but no QC issues on mine at least. I'd advise anyone serious about owning Roddy to go with the classics personally. BIS Cyclonus seems fine though :) 

18. Kadrin

Kadrin Well-Known Member

Cool, cheers for that!

Since I already have the Classics versions, I couldn't justify getting that set for the matrix, and two inferior versions of toys I already own.

Would be a very expensive way to procure a matrix and Nightstick...

19. galvatron1701

galvatron1701 cassette

Stupid YaHobby. I ordered a Generations Kup from them 2 weeks ago. It said it was in stock. Yesterday I suddenly get a Paypal refund!

Why say it's in stock then wait 2 weeks to tell me it isn't?! Good thing Kapow got them back in.

Grumble grumble

20. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Signed up for TFCC now, pretty excited for Sideburn and the pre-orders for the new exclusives :D