The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ninety

ninety NERDS!!

News Credits:
    I was disappointed he wasn't 'life-size' as the eBay description stated! :D 

£140!! The only three completed listings on eBay are the £112 one you posted, and these other two. Universe ones are ending about £40-£50, sometimes more.

I wish I'd bought a load of Ironhide when he was £6 in Asda, job lot of tippex, proceed directly to profit! :lol 

2. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Me too.

3. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Sorry I wasn't able to hook up your guy, MB - glad he's been able to find someone who can!

Welp, I was sat on the floor in my room sorting through which books I want to keep when, plop!, something lands on my head and falls into my lap. I look down, and Generations Wheeljack is peering back up at me. From behind me, Mum wanders away screaming "ALL YOUR CRAP IS IN OUR ROOM, HOW AM I MEANT TO HIDE YOUR BIRTHDAY PRESENTS?! ARGH! I NEED A NEW DAUGHTER!"

So now he's sitting on the table with the rest of today's haul...I love my parents so much. :3

4. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's always the thought that counts Moriarty, I respect your willingness to help out a stranger :)  He's found his Windcharger so all is well.

That's pretty awesome! I hunger for Wheeljack now, already plotting on how to mod his leg extensions so that they extend and click into place. A power drill might be necessary.

5. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    I'm getting tetchy reading about everybody else getting him - I'm still waiting to hear back from the 3 Darths for an ETA for him..:cry 

6. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
    Always willing to help people out when there are scalpers about...could be our superhero jingle!

Aww, I'm happy with my chubby short Wheeljack. He's the same height as Hound, so they can stand at the front of my CHUG shelves when they're in place.

7. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

I've got him and i'm getting tetchy about all the people who can't wait to cut him up to extend the legs. all those first time kitbashers buying then in most cases ruining their wheeljacks in an attempt to get a few milimeters more height from him, makes me break out in hives.

8. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Im getting sad that I just cant seem to locate a wheeljack....grrrr....

9. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I went to TRU today and what i found was a disgusting sight. TF shelves stocked full.....with Doctor Who toys.
    Fucking sickening huh? So these lame arse crappy DW toys are more popular than TF's? I dont think so.
    All that was there TF related was a couple of PCC's and a Prime costume, oh and a few of those Battle In Space two-packs, of which i wanted neither.
    In the end i got what i was looking for (rts Tracks and Jazz) from Wilkinsons of all places.

10. garibaldiprime

garibaldiprime Banned

I never knew henkei ratchet was worth so much. I got mine practically for free from a friend.
    BTW does anyone have a spare, loose universe or Henkei Sunstreaker by any chance? I mucked mine up and now his bro is lonely all by himself.
    i dont have any money but i could swap you something for it...or do some custom work for ya (see sig).

11. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  12. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

I've been inking for hours an my hands are killing :( 

I just noticed my new Dirge has a sloppy paint job on the face aswel. Jerks.
    I can't put skullgrin down. I honestly thought I was going to dislike the mold, it looked so flimsy and "meh" looking, now I'm actively searching for Darkmount.

Man, I love the clip weapons, I'd pay £20 for a deluxe and a crap load of them.

13. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Heavy research is being done into the legs on Wheeljack, I won't make a single mark without ensuring it's absolutely possible.

Did PM darkov and see if he'd be interested in reproing the leg sliders with some slight modifications, but no word from him so I guess not.

14. iamste

iamste Well-Known Member

His size looks worse in pictures than it actually is IRL. I like him being a podgy inventor. He's the Bob Hoskins of my collection.

15. Moriarty

Moriarty = ♀

News Credits:
  16. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah for me Wheeljack was always one of the taller ones, around Jazz and the lambo brothers. Can't do much til I have him in hand though, so it's all very hypothetical until I can physically take his legs apart and study him.

17. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Oooeer! Matron! No robot crotch examination here please!

18. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol 

19. Mighty.Maximal

Mighty.Maximal Banned

Just buy another Tracks and swap the upper legs or the sliders. If you don't mind having gaps in his knees in return for a few mils more height.

20. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Won't work. The slider pegs are wider in Wheeljack's shins than Tracks', at least as far as other people testing it has showed.