The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Would a 3P dare make Emirate Xaaron an Action Master? Would they get destroyed for him not transforming?

I'd happily buy one in regular colours and 'Primus possessed all yellow/gold (translucent? Piss Xaaron?).

Just gotta have the grill mouth. No lips on this Emirate.

So, yeah, WHEN?

2. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    He'd transform, he would just have to break when you do make him more accurate. Do so at your own risk or something :lol . Might be best let Keith handle this one.

3. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    It can be a problem..
    [​IMG]
    Have you tried the one that Genetic set up?

Attached Files:

4. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I used to love Lilformers, got some excellent laughs out of that. The Devastator/Voltron one was superb.

Yes indeed my friend, Morg's group is a fine group and I have yet to have any trouble there, although I have only sold there. It's the others I have had issues with.

All the best
    Maz

5. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

I've always had pretty good luck with the groups on Facebook. I can't recall receiving anything with damage or an unannounced missing bit.

RID toys are a real hit for me. I have all of the U.K. Released Legions and Warriors, bar the black redeco of Bumblebee; I can't stand those bright yellow wheels. I also bought TAV Strongarm and Bee when they were on sale very cheap from HLJ, and TAV Strongarm is far, far better than the Hasbro, in terms of both build and deco.

TAV Bumblebee looks great, but simply will not clip together properly in vehicle mode. I think that I must just be unlucky in that regard, as I haven't found any other complaints.

I have a TAV Drift en route from Japan; the deco is just streets ahead. I'm not going to bother replacing Jazz, Grimlock, Sideswipe or any of the others as the added paint apps don't make much difference. Jazz is a wonderful toy, a real high spot of retail TFs in a very good year. Sideswipe looks great in both modes, but the shoulder transformation makes posing him a real git.

Grimlock is indeed the wrong size. I picked up the big three step one from Tesco for less than a tenner, and he looks OK looming behind the Warriors, but it is a terrible toy. Bits pop off, and there is no articulation at all.

Optimus...yeah, there should be a voyager. The warrior is a nice toy, but is way off scale in both modes. Since he doesn't really appear in the "real" world in that form, he can just be set off to the side watching on, but I have the silly mega upgraded TAV one preordered. My son has the big three step thing, but it is terrible, and less poseable than PM Prime!

The lack of decepticons is a pain. Steeljaw is the only warrior, and is also the poorest of the class by a long way. Everything about him is off, really, from face sculpt to arms. I bought the deployer Fracture, but, like deployer Drift, it is utter parp. I also picked up the one step Underbite, but he is too small, and doesn't work properly; he can't hold either mode. I suspect a dodgy spring.

Maz is quite right in saying that the legion class ones are fantastic. The only weakness is that we don't have a full s1 cast yet, but they are coming.

Big thanks to Vanessa for sending me a gun for Armourhide, despite being assailed by th slings and arrows of outrageous fortune!

6. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I am waiting for a Hermes parcel...

A mixed lot off Ebay containing complete figures of ROTF Brawn, ROTF Ratchet (dlx), Universe Ultimate Powerglide, and...the reason I bought it (and cheaply too) - ORIGINAL GENERATIONS/CHUG DRIFT COMPLETE WITH ALL 3 SWORDS.

I'll be selling the others, although tempted to keep that ROTF Ratchet because he's quite different to the DOTM version, and with his extreme articulation you can make him look very 'sassy'.

7. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

8. Vanessa

Vanessa G1 Bonecrusher's #1 fangirl

I always thought he was Gold in colour.
    100% agree about the mouth.

I was thinking exactly the same thing, at last the ideal Transformer for KFC to make, and where the V1 run is actually more desirable :lol 

9. Avathar

Avathar Well-Known Member

Need to yell off some frustration, ordered an ebay lot. Which was send with Yodel, probably Yodel lost my parcel.....
    My first experience with Yodel will also be my last.

Be aware of them.

10. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    I've had plenty of stuff delivered by Yodel - it can depend entirely on who the delivery driver is too. Never had anything lost or damaged yet, but there are very few couriers I'd 100% trust anyway.

EDIT: Actually, my favourite was when they dropped the 'could not deliver' card into my letter box, along with the original parcel (DVD) they'd tried to deliver. On the card, it said has been left "in letterbox"

11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Stayed in on my day off today for the Catbug POP! I ordered for my sibling, and unexpectedly hot on it's little heels came my Nightbird Shadow. Glad to have my first Femmebot Fatale to diversify my Decepticon ranks.
    I hadn't realised they'd remoulded the chest panel as well as the midriff, that plus the paint apps and the backpack being black do a great job of differentiating her bot mode from Arcee's. Just a shame about the open hands with the chock at the bottom.
    Did we ever here why there was that running change from the 'closed' to open hands? Were there a lot of breakage issues?
    To me the thumb on the open version appears more vulnerable than the closed.

12. glaug

glaug Well-Known Member

Been having an immensely frustrating time lately, in all sorts of ways. Had a really crappy epiphany last night where I realised that I've been stressed out or upset about hobby-related things all week and that right now, I'm less stressed out about my day job than I am about TF-related things. Which just seems kind of absurd.

On the other hand, I've ended up working from home today, and all the Animated stuff I've bought from Maz has got me rewatching the cartoon again. I had forgotten about lots of the nice little G1 nods in the pilot episodes in particular.

13. motorthing

motorthing Don't blink you might miss.........

News Credits:
    My TT CW Magnus finally turned up this morning after 2.5 months adrift (yay!) so it's just poor old 3A Masterchief out there and lost somewhere, alone and missing backup as usual. Sigh.

My Spartan and Sphinx will be coming from Kapow/Masterforce so a couple more weeks on those I guess. I totally agree that Spartan is EXACTLY what 3Ps should be there for. And the follow on Commotus ditto - He and the DJD were pretty unlikely to ever see the light of day from Hastak.

I would buy Xxaron, Squad X, Pharma, Comic Wreckers and a bunch of other comic nobodies just because.

14. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    How are you finding CW Ultra Magnus? Provided you've opened him, of course.

15. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Quick Trypticon thing - Don't buy from TRU, I've got some cheaper ones on the way.

16. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Ohh, don't get me wrong, I still love the tank mode; it is based on Metal Slug after all. But like Scubaboy says below, I probably love him that little bit more now.

Bwahaha! Duck Bastard. Duck Bastard he shall be forever more. Arise, Duck Bastard.

[​IMG]

See, I'm actually quite glad they toned the colours down a little. I found him a bit garish before.

Nice score mate, how much you get the lot for?

Attached Files:

• Megs.jpg
      Megs.jpg
      File size:
      225.4 KB
      Views:
  17. joetele

joetele Non-entity

Ebay:
    £23 posted - hence I will be selling the others at reasonable prices :) 

And yes, I know it's a steal. Another case of seller not knowing 'value' and being fairly quick to spot it. EDIT: That sounds a bit wanky - basically I'm pleased with the bargain and can't wait to finally have him.

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Nah dude, not wanky at all. It's how many people make a living from car boot sales and the like. Was it a Buy it now?

19. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Now, if they made Spartan actually have a squeaky toy sound, I would buy it.

Where's my goddam, rassin-frassin, cockamamey SLAYRIDE?

Let's insert some power cores, it's Dweller In The Depths.

Hokay, long and enjoyable time since I've watched a S3 episode.

Whoah. Was the entire season's art budget blown on this episode? Why am I looking at a cartoon world which appears three-dimensional and with reflective surfaces? Guess we're breaking with the crayon-on-napkin quality I've come to tolerate.

Haha, one of the Quints looks like a drunk owl-bear. He’s my favourite.

Transorganics, huh? In about 30 seconds, this throwaway exposition has laid down the core mythos of Beast Wars and Machines, plus a seed which still grows brambles in Animated and Prime. (And Pretenders?) A bit like that day at school I joked about doing your mum and now Facebook still sends me friend requests from her.

Welp, why not have the stellar artwork for the episode with a nightmarish close-up of somebody losing their face?

- Can’t blame one bad experience on a whole race.
    - Well, you all do look alike.
    Can’t tell if this is great shading of Galvatron’s character or the writer’s cutting loose a bit.

He is a sucker, though, regarding the whole peace offering thing. What Galvatron gains in credibility as a threat because he’s unstable he loses by falling for pranks which Megatron wouldn’t. (See previous comments Galvatron is just a cipher for the cocaine breakdowns of the S3 writers’ room. It was the ‘80s.)

Yup, and now Galvatron may be aware he is in a toy franchise and can see the living future, is fighting a bunch of playthings from years to come: Chainclaw, AEC Divebomb, a dino-cassette, maybe a Fuzor. This guy has (or the writers have) been on a Class A bender since the movie and the whole of S3 is his (/their) trip. This episode marks the moment his synapses have cut loose and we’re into Lovecraft murder-panic unless somebody gets him a duvet, a lot of bananas and at least three Pixar movies.

Well, the dismemberment of the Sweep was sufficiently rad.

My theory that nobody ever responds to what Wreck-Gar says holds true. Now he’s dead. Wait, Springer’s off to save him? Gonna re-think his place on the list of jock-assholes.

‘They haven’t cancelled your series yet.’ Proof the writers are high as hell and peppering the script with pleas to the VA director to just dump their bodies in the sea if the worst happens.

Some further sweet animation touches, Galvatron just chucking Sweeps to death, yadda yadda, Quintesson wants vengeance for his other face (v Nicolas Cage), Arcee actually gets to do a thing, and the day is saved by the power of holding hands.

At least Rodimus was hardly in it.

20. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Clearly the inspiration for Springer's Death Mallard mobile comes from following in his mentor's footsteps (or should that be treadmarks?).

[ 27465337d1409856323-uk-toy-discussion-dsc01357.jpg

I'm sure I'm in the minority but that garish blast of purple and yellow hits my four colour fiction sweet spot, nodding to the superhero fiction mindset influence that was a key part of Transformers branding development.