The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

2. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    It's just not quite Prime without his forearm triangles.
    The blue feet were beginners luck, I reckon I put the first coat on a little too thick trying to avoid streaks or brush marks, luckily those feet were thirsty for it and it still dried okay with a nice finish. The windows on mine are actually painted too (or should that be polished, it is nail polish after all).
    The replacement chest widows did help make a great rear window for First Aid instead, which was nice as I'm not a fan of his Reprolabels set. No idea what they were thinking with their Combiner Wars Optimus' set though, I realise for the sticker material required for the curve of the windscreen corners they might not have been able to match the metallic blue but why go all the black - including on red bits?
    Neurowing's might not be quite as polished production-wise but the design is spot on.

3. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

As a convention form what I hear AA isn't the best overall in terms of what actually happens while you are there. A lot of Saturdays stuff seemed very similar to last year which didn't help.

For me AA was 16 tours round looking at toys and doing a bit of listening to stuff, but from lunch when everyone met up it is then very different - and much closer to what I guess pubecon is like.

I think I would do a weekend, but only if there is a group as such because there seemed to be some very strange people out there....

4. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Close enough?...

[​IMG]

5. logan OO1

logan OO1 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the kind words guys. Baby and mum are both doing well. Im yet to add any reporolables.

I've not had any sleep since Friday night/Sat Morning now though. At one point I was a bit disorientated, nearly bought a green giant from eBay like it was nothing to just throw it on a credit card.

6. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Oh. I never said that the line is over, and I dont think that its the UK. I think its international. I originally heard that wave four would be out generally late August, and wave five would be some time late Dec/early Jan, although I dont know how true that is. At the time that puzzled me, but I do think that Hasbro are pushing more resources to the Star Wars lines. I just think that TFs will take a back seat to Star Wars for a few months, thats all.

And no matter how bad the Star Wars line is, clearly Hasbro wont think so, so sales or not, its going to be a major push for Hasbro for a bit.

7. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Oh they will, much like when there is an Avengers movie. But in terms of what we have with the Combiner Wars, it is moving at the same pace it has since it debuted and is not showing any signs that anything has changed.

It is only a relatively small line when compared to say the movies, but at the moment it is the main focus of the Transformers brand as RID seems to be dead or at least dying, and there is no movie.

So just in terms of Transformers, Combiner Wars is it at the mo, and will continue to be the main line over Christmas which is why I think we will continue to see more of it over here because if not it will mean no new transformers products for quite a long time.

I think wave 5 is due earlier, because wave 6 (the Combaticons) was supposed to be the very start of next year I think (so probably christmas this year) so I'd presume wave 5 will start to drop late october early novemberish

8. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

9. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    TRU in Leeds had more boxes of the platinum coneheads set than any retailer has a right to have. They will never shift them. Ironically they were next to the shelf of masterpiece sunstorms that are also proving hard to shift.

10. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Are you certain you weren't just at home being flogged and taken turns on by Hasbro distribution, VAT, Parcel Farce, The Royal Mail, et al. ? :D 

11. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are due a tf sale soon, 20-50% off or 3for2. Argos will be doing their early bird Xmas sale in 6-8 weeks which is usually 3 for 2 and tru always follow this.

Those cone heads are priced for a sale as that is way inflated over rrp.

12. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

How much are they?

Edit.

£90 is reasonable I suppose. I think the previous releases wer around £28 each a number of years ago.

If I hadnt bought them from Kapow previously I would have bought from TRU. But again they are too far behind for collectors. I wonder what trypticon would be at that exchange rate?

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Had no idea we were getting platinum Conheads, that's nice but the Insecticons would have been more welcome, same with the Perceptor/Blaster pack. Trypticon would be fantastic for UK collectors as he didn't release here in 86 if my info is correct (a couple of years before I was born)

Sold my Hasbro MP 10 Optimus prime on facebook a couple of days ago for £125, someone was looking and the light blue on him always bothered me so wasn't difficult to say goodbye, especially since the Tomy reissue isn't hard to get, still had my voucher code for 20% off Masterforce for being patient with Morg's health problems so bagged MP10 and Generations Windblade for a cool £130 shipped :cool:  Good times.

For peeps who went to Auto Assembly was there any indication that TFNation would be a passing of the torch type of thing and was there any announcement of guests who will be there next year and what kind of price are tickets?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2015
  14. PandaGash

PandaGash Hairy Bot

Practically every retailer at AA were selling the Platinum Conheads for £60 and their stocks were piled high, so I suspect this will be the true TRU price once they drop it. I was very tempted before I remembered how shit the conehead toys are.

15. Sixo

Sixo Canonical

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh my God! I actually love that... I kind of pray that they don't every release such a thing, as I'm not sure I really need two Devastators...

16. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    Are the G1-headed AOE Dinobots a Platinum release? I may not be able to resist if they are TRU-bound.
    On that optimistic note does anyone here own AOE deluxe Strafe? How feasible and/or drastic a mod would a torso swap be if I wanted a diaclone-ish Strafewoop?

17. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

Incapable Hulk do you think the other Stunticons tease Breakdown for his Final Fantasy obsession?

18. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    It was pic 3 of 6 that made me say that. The fact that you've put a texture on the face and shoulders is nice.

19. Swoop

Swoop Well-Known Member

I've been having post-AA fun with a newly acquired TM Primal lately (only someone with a heart of stone could fail to love a robot gorilla with a built in flying surfboard. Sorry Dan, even your lizard bot with a skirt and ponytail pales next to him.) Cue a recreation of Rhinox catching a lift in The Agenda Part 3. Feel free to insert jokes about Rhinox riding Optimus...

[​IMG]

Moving on, did anyone who brought Hasbro MP-10 have missing or hard to find instructions. Sold mine after upgrading to the Takara one and the buyer is saying it's not in the box. I don't remember ever looking at it, and a Google search turns up a few other people who said its well hidden or missing.

20. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Never had a Hasbro MP10 but I believe the instructions were hidden between a card insert and the back of the box. Failing that there is an instruction sheet online.