The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    OWW, just got up, singed myself on pop tart and saw the reveal for the new MP!! Not the glorious Ironhide, that Munkey! Fail Koyabashi, fail :lol 

In all seriousness I'm happy for all the BW fans, I know theres a fair few in this thread here.

LIKED!!
    Good luck with both the FB page and etsy store too!

Ah mate, that f**king sucks :( 

I'd be interested in a show of hands too, TFW meet anyone?

2. stevil33

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I completely agree with this, although I've got a weekend pass I don't really have a crew to hang out with so will be spending the majority of the time in my own company, I honestly don't mind this but would much rather be in the company of like minded threadizens/friends.

I'm looking at it as a weekend away, in a nice hotel with some TF related stuff downstairs if I fancy it, so all good either way.

3. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I would have been all over the weekend but lack of hotel makes me think a day ticket is the way for me. Oh well! I need to behave financially as it is and a weekend of temptation can't help!

4. stevil33

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Temptation is the right word, you walk round and round the dealer tables looking at things you don't really want..........then you end up buying anyway the more you walk around!

5. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I kind of want to be a fly on the wall as a well meaning grandmother picks up CW Sky Lynx for 12 year old Billy.... His face freezes as he sees the box and the mother of all WTF expressions crosses it. Upon further examination, he discovers that for the first time, the quadroplegic robot torso mode is only the second freakiest mode this thing has got, and why the hell did Hasbro need to put in a dumb half dragon thing just to make him a triple changer? :D 

6. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Also thinking of trying to get down to AA for the saturday

7. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Don't forget, "mommy! Why is this space shuttle strapped to a brick?"

:lol 

8. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll be at AA! All weekend as usual. Like the furniture I guess.

There will be a meet up and will be good to see kit, Steve and maz again amongst many other familiar faces. Remember to bring the swimming shorts/budgie smugglers!

9. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A brick packing weaponry too :lol  Still love Skylynx for all it's glorious fruit-loopiness.

10. stevil33

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Likewise bud, and hopefully this years meet will be even bigger with even more threadees in attendance!

11. drmick

drmick Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Anybody on here ever do the Subscription Service? I seem to recall a few people mentioning getting caught by customs.

I really want the Mayhem Attack Squad, but am wondering would it be cheaper just to buy them on ebay afterwards to avoid custom charges.

12. OmNom

OmNom That's the monster's name

I'd be interested to know as well. I keep telling myself 'next year'. Anyone got recent experience of it?

13. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

14. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Big Phil seems to be Thread Guru on Club stuff. All I know is any time I've considered a Club purchase I've been put off by the stupid Rip-off postage to the UK which has simply made it not worth doing. I recently got Nova Prime through eBay for quite a bit less than paying for it on the Club - purely on the back of the difference in postage.

And they still haven't sent me my Lioconvoy so not my favourite people right now.

I've warmed to quite a bit of the CW stuff, even SkyWanx may get bought just for the sheer batshitness of turning Him into a Combiner Torso.

We can run book on which Waves will make it to Retail here and which won't. I'm betting almost none of it.........

15. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    Been after a watch I had as a kid for the last 10 years and keep being outbid at roughly 20 to 30 notes..... today I finally snagged one for a reasonable price. £12.50
    Epic Win :D 
    [​IMG]

16. Tarrn

Tarrn Bikeformer Fanboy

I know they're renders and all and the actual toys won't look nearly as good (well, Hasbro's version won't anyway) but I'm ridiculously psyched for CW Bruticus. It is seriously everything I wanted them to do - Firefly remould as Blast Off as that was my favourite Aerialbot mould and it means BO now fits the military vehicle theme, Rook remould for Swindle as a tough troop carrier vehicle and a great new mould for Brawl. Going to pre-order the Hasbro set at the first opportunity, on the offchance that Takara actually 'mess it up' (by my tastes) and turn BO back into a shuttle.

Just stick on those PE feet (and maybe hands) and Brute'll look brilliant, though I'll keep an eye out to see if PE also do a chest enhancement piece, and I could be convinced to keep it over Warbotron's offering. Any likelyhood that a Legends Groove redeco is on the cards as a Decepticon bike? Lots of militaries use them for messengers and fast couriers so it's not as though it breaks the theme.

EDITS: Okay, seen the actual toy pics now. Not AS great, but fixable with some gundam marker, methinks.

17. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    I had a couple of those as a kid... Damn fine transforming watch.

18. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    Finally scratched a 10 year itch....

Now to figure out how to make it work, as odds are the battery is still in and has leaked..... unless theres a plastic tab in place, even then it may have leaked since its an 80s watch.

19. OmNom

OmNom That's the monster's name

Wow! Not seen one of those in years! Both my brother and I had one, seem to remember one being red. Gotta love epicly oversized gimmicky digital watches. Damn. I want a retro casio now.

20. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

Still love this little guy, and it's things like this that are tempting me to go all in on Guardia, but I've got a feeling that the limb bots will be tiny like their Quantron ones, unless anyone knows how big they are?