The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    It's not CW, and it's almost offensive considering the official stuff that has everyone excited, but when your lamp stand catches your finger and the resultant pain and whipping away of my hand causes one of my bulbs to crack, I feel the need to share the fruits of tonight's one-lamp shooting and far too long spent editing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All the best
    Maz

2. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    Quakewave has been k.o'd.......
    [​IMG]

3. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Most things have already been said, so I am off to look at the pretty pictures now. Before I go....

I agree that Takara will pull out a Blast Off in their set, probably as another AB redesign as Hasbro seem a little shy on the same design in a single team, in ways that Takara just dont give a damn about.

So, the BotCon reveals are:
    - Wave four pictures
    - Wave five confirmed and pictures
    - Sky Lynx and more Autobot cars (wave six?)
    - Leader Skywarp and Starscream

To be honest, although its not what I wanted at all, I do think that Takara made the right choice. The MP line IS a cartoon accurate homage, thats kind of its thing, and so a van all-in-one to cartoon accurate robot was ALWAYS the way forwards for it. I am just a toy guy, so it doesnt work for me, but most MP collectors are toon-people, so I can understand the decision process on it. It just leaves me cold personally.

EDIT - Ah ha ha. Loving the red accents on Sunstreaker. Hasbro, you cheeky buggers. Nicely done.

EDIT2 - OK, back from the pictures.....
    So, TFCC are finally doing some of my favourites in the TriggerCons... and they are getting CW repaints with no weapon gimmicks. Thats an easy pass, then.
    My irrational love for anything Wheeljack and Smokescreen makes those two bought, and I am glad that I didnt cave in on any previous Dead End redeco now!
    Hound.... Hound! What an awesome looking figure. Nice one Hasbro. Love that design.
    I have no idea exactly what Buzzsaw is... but I kind of like it.
    Hasbro get bonus points for Onslaught being Hot Spot driving backwards. I did not see that coming.
    As suspected, Vortex really doesnt work for me as another AB repaint.

4. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Am I the only one who sees the resemblance between skylynx' torso mode, and Liokaisers torso?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also I'm sure Takaras got us covered for a shuttle Blastoff, loving the reveals today!

5. Lord Raze

Lord Raze By your command!

Ebay:
    So
    Ruckus (Offroad repaint) Thought using the Swindle retool would work better.
    Needlenose (Firefly repaint)
    Spinster (Alpha Bravo repaint)
    Bludgeon (Onslaught repaint) Disappointed by that choice of mold for the character.
    Windsweeper (Skydive repaint)

Edit: Ignore the rest, finally caught up on pictures and was speculating.

Hard to nail down a core bot for the group though. Maybe a new member that hopefully doesn't use the Hotspot mold as then they'd just end up being a Bruticus repaint. Though Hasbro have already gone down the straight repaint a set route with Optimus Maximus.

6. Genetic

Genetic Morg Than Meets the Eye

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Same here. I loved the panel folding and thought that was clever but the quality was shite. Mine flopped around like a fish out of water, specifically the knee joints but once I tightened the screws it improved big time. In the meantime I think Hulk has adopted him after fixing an arm that wouldn't extend.

So much potential in that figure.

Nissan Cherry Vanette

I can't be the only one who thinks he looks like Bono?

The add on pieces are made anyway but are only Amazon exclusives if Amazon buys them. If they do buy them then they take the whole production run, if they don't then Takara offers the stuff out through Hasbro Asia. So Kapow will have the extras provided Amazon don't take them.

7. deathsheadII

deathsheadII Not a Bounty Hunter yes?

News Credits:
  8. Lord Raze

Lord Raze By your command!

Ebay:
    I like the Offroad mold but can't help but feel a little underwhelmed by it's use for Ironhide and Trailbreaker. Beyond paint colour, I just don't think it resembles too much of either. Trailbreaker just looks too grey for some reason even though that's his colour scheme there's just nothing to break it up.
    I'm also disappointed in how Hound looks, the retool works for Swindle but the alt mode is a bit too far from the roots of Hound's look for my liking.

9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Ok, I've just come back shitfaced from a friends birthday. Red squiggles under words are my friends here. Trust.

Firstly, thank you for all the kind words regarding my etsy entry. You are all awesome.

Secondly, an unexpected parcel from Genetic and his masterforce crew today cements his status as the nicest guy I've never met. Legend. Absolute legend.

Thirdly, SKYLYNX!!!! Holy fucking shit. That's one way to steal the thunder from the combaticons. Hound too, wowwwwwlolololo;

10. Sweeny

Sweeny Electric Monk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's fair, yeah Ironhide was always going to be more weighted towards the toon version. Still, an all in one sled homage to the toy would have made my weekend but with the reveals over the last day, the weekend is already made!

Totally agree on Hound and Sunstreaker. Both are really nice versions but the red accents on Sunstreaker are particularly cute. Hasbro have unexpectedly played a blinder.

Plus S-K-Y-L-Y-N-X!!! Just stunned that they have made an updated version and that it is as batty as the original. Will be bought but my oh my, loving how they have updated both modes - I'm 'feline' good. Sorry, will get my coat...

Even with the plastic and QC he is a keeper. The leg joint on mine was the wrong way around and wouldn't transform so have had to take it apart to fix. Yeah the knees have been tightened too. The panels in the feet are annoying and keep flapping around and the instructions are hilarious - they may as well have shown two pics, start and end and gone ta-darr, finished!!! Just terrible instructions but putting all that to one side I like the transformation, how it looks and the cab-feet which capture the G1 toy. Shame it isn't better though and still can't figure out what to do with the end box section of the trailer....

Bono. :lolol 

11. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    fucking Lonewolf. That will be my warning to history NEVER to trust debut efforts from 3P chancers again.

Revealappaloza: Wow. Lots to love. More money to find stretching out towards infinity. Bruticus looks really good, maybe the best so far despite the dodgy Blast Off. Sky Linx does something semi-relevant/useful which is fair enough.

And I'm getting a new Hound. That's worth a yay. And a Smokescreen.

That will probably mean a Bluestreak to complete that trio will be some ludicrously hard to get Con exclusive or super limited Japanese give away.

Legends Shockwave. Ok.

MP Ironhide: oh dear. The more I look at it.....the less I'm impressed. What the hell were they thinking with that Head?

Speaking of which.

12. PandaGash

PandaGash Hairy Bot

I was about to post how you will have fallen off your chair at the Skylynx reveal! He looks as ridiculous as the G1 version but that combiner torso mode is brilliant too and I'm buying it. Reminds me of Binaltech Ravage. Oooo Ravage repaint...

Bruticus looks brilliant and makes me despair of the £380 I spent on Warbotron. Ouch. Never again.

CW Prowl might replace my smudgey-doored Universe Prowl even if he is about half the size. Crappy Universe Ironhide will be replaced by iGear version once MP 'Hide knocks him down from my MP shelf. Universe Sunstreaker and Generations Wheeljack have nothing to fear from these new pretenders. I'm liking the new Optimus head sculpt though - should have been on original figure instead of that round thing we got.

Fort Max line drawings look good but will laugh my nuts off if it just ends up being a re-release of G1. And then I'll buy it.

13. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Maz - that shot of Ordin running looks like he's falling over pissed. Love it.

Am i the only one who quite likes the white Prime? Its a blatant sneaky Nova Prime release by Hasbro. Want.

14. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    White prime looks ace... Loving the new head sculpt and as a fan of the mold, I can't get enough of it. Still a bit freaked out by onslaught bring hotspot in reverse but I am sure it will grow on me.

15. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

White Prime kinda looks like Nova Prime.

16. banjoted

banjoted Timelord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Not surprised to see the news about KO Quakewave. He really is an incredible figure and considering the insane prices he's currently selling for (I paid nearly £200 earlier this year), why would a company not KO him? The salt from owners who paid top dollar (and current owners who fear their toy will depreciate) will flow strong. Will be interesting to see how the quality holds up. If the quality is anywhere near Fanstoys then folk should very much pick him up. He's awesome.

17. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

When did TFCC reveal their plans for Combiner Wars? Can't find that anywhere.

Edit: I found them. God damn it fun pub Ramjet, Skywarp, Windsweeper, Ruckus and Needlenose? Why do you have to make toys I want?

18. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Eh, for all the talk of 'inevitable' KO and the gnashing of teeth from fans I find myself not really caring. Quakewave has been around for a few years now, so its hardly hot on the heels of the official (lol) toy.

I'm just happy that i'll never have to question the authenticity of my Quakewave. Love that guy and no plans to sell him anytime soon.

19. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

Holy crap...I hope this IT course im on leads to a well paid job....there areca fuckton of robits I want in 2016...not to mention getting as much from the 2015 line as I can.

There really isn't much there I don't want....Bruticus looks great and may be the only decepticon combiner I get (if the wave 2 scarcity is anything to go by)

20. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Depends on what avenue of IT you go into.

I do user/customer support, and because "anyone" can fix PCs nowadays the job is becoming severely devalued.

After working my way up in terms of wage, I now find that I'm being offered roles of less than £24k a year. Which is less than £2k more than I was on in 2002.