The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    But he's so pretty.
    [​IMG]

Seems a lot of people are on a downer concerning FT dinobots.

2. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    I don't know if it's a downer as such, as the FT dinos are really quite nice looking, especially in Maz's photos, and they are also really well engineered. But for me, that price of one of them gets me an entire combiner figure which amounts to 5 cracking Hasbro/Takara figures instead of 1 third party figure.

3. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Not me, I'm as enthusiastic about them as I ever was. They need improvements because they're not 100% perfect out of the box, but I love handling them, displaying them and I'd absolutely hate to part wth them. Every Dino that gets added to the horde just improves the display options exponentially, and that's inversely proportional to space...

All the best
    Maz

4. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sigh... there's been no updates on that project for ages, I've been watching it like a space cat bird shuttle.

The g1 figure just never gelled with classics for me, I've seen a few people use him and just cant see it myself. There was an awesome re-desighn of him in the shadow commander comic, I'll try and find it.

Top left, best image I can get whilst at work

[​IMG]

5. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Totally agree on the value for money thing, I wasn't going to bother with CW but decided to take a punt on the wave 1 figures and got them all for a little over 100 wham bars, the hands and feet are a bit crap but that's what PE is for. Now I have the rest of the Stunts on order but need to find me a Motormaster and Air Raid. Still enjoy the MP figures but for now I think it'll only be the official stuff. Only 3rd party figures that still hold my interest right now is MMC Reformatted.

6. Mathius26

Mathius26 Active Member

Just got Cubex Huff of OptimushedPrune. Late to the party but for all the reported issues he is a great little guy with lots a character. So glad i got him at last and big thanks to Optimushed for really helping me out and for a fast and smooth transaction.

7. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    So, I'm pretty happy - just managed to nab a whirl from the shepton B&M. So there's that.

However, I also managed to nab some actually-not-that-bad Ninja Turtles Knock offs from there too. And they're definitely KO's - they're pretty much falling out of the flimsy packaging! There was no price on them, so I sheepishly asked at the counter, expecting them to be a fiver. Nope. £1. £1 each. Totally worth it.

I'm not sure which toys they're a rip off of, but they share a lot of similarities with the Neca Turtles. Sadly, the articulation isn't there, with backwards/forwards arm and leg articulation, with an in/out swivel at the shoulder, but the head is ball jointed which is nice.

Raph pretty much refuses to hold his weapons properly, and they feel like knock offs, yet they're pretty solid and stable. Just need to find a mikey!

£1...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

8. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    They do look very inspired by the Neca Turtles, I should dig mine out again at some point.

9. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Agreed, I can look at the FT Dinos and see some excellent, high quality toys on my shelf bit CW has provided a big slice of perspective, that for the price of one Dino I've got two fantastically fun consumers. Just absolutely excellent toys.

So yeah it's not a matter of being down on the FT, MP or any of the high end stuff it's more that I've seen that I can have just as much fun, if not more with stuff a fraction of the cost. Seeing Superion on my shelf gives just as much pleasure as Feral Rex.

If anything I'm weighing up the purchases more now. Part of why MP Skywarp is an issue. I was totally happy with my modded Hasbro one until the wing hinge snapped the other day, and now feel that if I replace him I should do it right. But the price more than I'd pay for things which are going to be more fun for me, like the Protectobots.

It's not a matter of choosing between the two, just a matter of perspective as to what my money gets me.

10. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I think they might be evil and plotting to kill me....

[​IMG]

11. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    It feels like they're bending me to their will.......must eat pizza must est pizza.....eh, what?

And I think downer may have been the wrong word, more of a price vs fun factor maybe.

12. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haven't got a new tf since Saturday. Having withdrawal symptoms....this isn't good as none of my recent orders have arrived.

13. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    BOGOHP TFs in TRU? Silverbolt and the 3 Arialbot limbs for less than £50?

Resolve...fading...rapidly!

If anyone is thinking of ordering online, use code 9908084529992 for £5 off £30 spend.

14. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Same here :lol ,but I had a few so I've spent a couple of days opening them. Star Saber should be on his way today and hopefully in my hands tomorrow.

15. gtf316

gtf316 Nuked in the face.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sever looks awesome with his brethren, can't wait for that one. Hopefully not long now if Maz has his test shot.

Got Brawny and Backland waiting on me when I finish work (cheers Pruney!) should keep me going for a while.

Everyone who bought from me, your stuff shipped out this morning. I'll pm with tracking numbers later.

Sent your box too, Maz!

16. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Going by what some have said, Sever has been pushed back to June/July time. I'd be very surprised to see FT' Perceptor, Reflector and Bombshell this year.

17. Prescient

Prescient Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Caving and off to Tru later to enjoy the new bogohp offer. Got some reward card discounts to use as well and they normally stack. If the sunstorms are still in will work out at £30 each.

18. Brooticus

News Credits:
    Mate, that's a absolute bloody bargain and recommend jumping on that asap.

19. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    As the old song says, it will be a three way race for last between any of those FT Bots, MMC Mirage or the next Ice Age.

Not a joke.

Once Sever finally lands I'm also not expecting whatever they called Sludge (Slough?Stumper?Slut?) until next year either.

But never mind, there are plenty of Phuqknuckles (C and TM Morg) in the 3P threads who think waiting another 15 years for a toy is a great thing. Who knew?

I guess that is kind of "down" on the Dinos. But to be even handed ive pretty much given up on FPs and Toyworld's too.

Smokes is in transit (you mean you EMS boys haven't got it yet?) and other Stuff is wafting through the Postal ether in this general direction. But I'm still very happy indeed with the Arealbots, Cloud Roddy and scoop all battering Menasor. And that's all that counts for now.

20. OptimushedPrune

News Credits:
    Star Saber is enroute and with a bit of luck here tomorrow.