The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Many thanks to nellie131, who has given my MP Bluestreak a lovely new paint job - just got him back in the post today, and absolutely love it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

^ nice, how much is a custom paintjob?

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    I just bought a KO to do this very thing, and honestly I'm not sure I want to now, I think I'd rather pay Nellie.

I actually bought two KOs, because I'm going to turn one of them into Black Gold. If you don't know what Black Gold is, click the link below, and look for the cameo from Derek Zoolander's Dad; Magnum Zoolander.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVnSXHnll88#t=0h34m55s

It's a great advert, and quite an interesting documentary too depending how much you like cars.

Question is, do I give the toy that mustache?

4. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i seriously need to hire you for your photo skills! I'm glad you like him and hope it looks good with the rest of your collection! :D 

5. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

That's a cracking job, Nellie.

Happy Wardensday, everybody!

[​IMG]

6. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Nellie - good job. That is the only further deco of the Datsun I would buy.

Hulk - SS has landed so thanks man, awesome little dude.

Am guessing no Tiger today. Boo.

7. LiamK

LiamK Well-Known Member

That means you put up with JMS and then quit before it got good!

Personally, I much prefer comics that come out more regularly. It might be nostalgia for when I used to get the Transformers comic every week when I was a kid, but monthly issues I always find I've forgotten by the time the next issue comes out. That said, I only ever get trades, although I do try and get them from World's Apart in Liverpool rather than Amazon, due to some sort of hippie leftie wanting my shops to pay tax thing. (Although if they don't have them, I then usually go to amazon. My liberalness fights against my lazyness.) I'm only getting the main Batman title, and finishing up the Brubaker Cap run and the PAD Madrox X-Factor run. And RID and MTMTE. Seriously, I haven't been this excited about Transformer comics since the period between Target: 2006 and Time Wars...

Regarding WB's Brawl... I had the exact same issue. I cut off one of the tabs on one side of the guns, and the tab on the other side on the other. Seems to be fine. I've noticed with their Blast Off his fists also seem to distort slightly when I'm folding them back during transformation. Fists seem to be the main weakness of these guys.

I also got my Tigris shipping notice yesterday, but I ran home at lunchtime and no sign. Hopefully tomorrow. (Although I'm already anticipating MT's Computron. How easily we discard the current for the next shiny shiny.)

8. Azrail

Azrail Well-Known Member

Saw Nellies at AA. Um ok I will rephrase that! Saw his custom at AA and it is amazing. I enabled Roger to buy it I think lol

9. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just abouts to look back through the thread for the day, hope to see many wardens :)  ill contribute later for sure.

Anyway just got our most recent tf toy news vid up and it's me on my own this time "gulp" please check it out if you get chance guys any pointers would be great :) 

Transformers Toy News - 09/09/14 - YouTube

[​IMG]

10. nellie131

News Credits:
    I'm never responsible for what is seen at AA. People should know this by now.

Thanks for them kind words fellas.

I still want a damn official one of the blue deco streaks! The fandom would meltdown if/when it were to happen

11. Astro-Furby

Astro-Furby Life is strange

How much do you charge for custom jobs...roughly?

12. nellie131

News Credits:
    all depends on the job at hand, more than happy to discuss ideas in PM

13. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    Personally I felt like I enjoyed the JMS run, then suffered through managerial interference with The Other, the twins, and then the stupid deal with the devil. By that point, the damage to the character had been done, almost irreparable in my opinion.
    JMS wasn't perfect, Skin Deep was shit too.

A lot of Brand New Day was shit, but Dan Slott has done a lot of good for the book since he came on (I like Peter as a scientist, not as much as I like him as a school teacher; I think that is the best job for him ever if you think about his up-bringing and the whole power / responsibility schtick), but their is still too much damage for me to enjoy it. I know continuity doesn't matter to Marvel or DC any more, but it sure does to me.

As for Heavy Noisy, I finally managed to get his arm to click together, but now it won't separate, I've been told too loosen the screws but after the first transformation back and forth I put in the screw caps, and now I'm buggered.

14. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    For Heavy Noisy are you on about the forearm extension?, if so you need to loosen the screws in the forearm that are easily accessible.

15. Rork

Rork Fruitloop Multipuck

I was in town last week and wandered into the local comic book shop (First time I've really been in one) and it was dominated (unsurprisingly) by DC/Marvel and a long line-up of The Walking Dead.

I'll just stick to Transformers, it's easier :lol . I prefer digital versions most of the time - it's easy to just dive back into a series without having to root around a shelf. I bought the hardback LSotW, which is glorious in every way, but probably because it really changed how I viewed Transformers (I had started reading from AHM) when I first read it and is genuinely an interesting story.

16. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

I get physical issues of MTMTE from local comic store as that's the only one of the series that's worth owning two of but I have to have them ordered in (I do get the sub covers because of this though - worth it for the great Roche art) while I get the other series on Comixology.

17. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Email from Kapow that my Tiger went out this afternoon so probably Friday at Royal Fail's current delivery rate. They've obviously had a busy time of things.

18. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    Not much warden on here today, I was expecting a photobomb bonanza of the tank bastard.

19. TheSpartanD

TheSpartanD Minicon Orphanage Owner

Yeah, it's rather disappointing how little has been posted.

20. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Is a pube still happening? My attendance is wavering due to exhaustion...