The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Steve, thats mental!!! tis a thing of beauty sir :) 

2. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    o.k folks, I really want to give him a vote, how do you do it? I rarely use facebook, I'm signed in, I can see the page from the link and there are 3 names in bars with dots at the side, clicking his name and the dot next to it does nothing and I cant see any other ways on the page to vote........plus i'm running out of fucking swear words to throw at that ****** ***** ****** ******* website.....ahem, composure regained.....a little help?

3. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    Thanks chaps :thumb 
    Really appreciated.

I voted for one of the other entrants by clicking the dot before the name?
    Generally swearing at the screen and facebook go hand in hand :lol 

4. craftsmith

craftsmith Flying Spanner

Ebay:
    yup, swearing at facebook is good. Maybe its just a glitch, maybe I already voted with the first click and that's why it wont click....hope I did. Right back to here, cause facebook is annoying as hell.

5. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping someone does them. They just seem more suited for the Autobot clones that the Decepticon ones

Now you know how we feel.
    Though you should totally buy that Botcon Stunticon set that CZ Hazard's mate is selling.
    For £180 it's worth it, IMO.

6. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

Anyone got any enablement or opinions re mania king? The repainted version looks good.

7. motorthing

motorthing We woz robbed

News Credits:
    Away from the sublime And back in the mundane/profane world: UPS have had my Roadbusters since yesterday according to the website and yet they left Norwich at 19.30 today supposedly "on time" for a delivery by the end of today............

I don't fucking think so.

ManiaKing: got version one and love it despite stupid wrists. Am still trying to work up " internet nerd-rage scenario no:7" about the fact that a better-coloured version is now going to be a thing. Haven't got there yet. Won't be buying another one in solidarity with those that can.

8. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Well, I just had a photo session with some new bots... not the best experience to be honest.

Evasion Prime is brilliant - nothing else to be said really. So surprised by just how much I like the figure.

Scoria is getting worse by the day. The arms are getting floppier, the legs are also getting looser and the two little red panels that fit on the side of the abdomen area have come loose and will not stay on now. Such a missed opportunity to be honest. It comes so close to being perfect but lets itself down.

Heavy Noisy was the one I was really looking forward to. I opened the box, pulled it out and noticed the hip pieces are not fully connected and the hips are hard to swivel. It's gonna mean taking it apart to fix it which I haven't got the energy to do now.

Frankly with the price being paid for these 3rd party figures, the quality is not up to scratch. I am going to have to think long and hard before buying anymore.

9. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Mate, that is mind blowing work.

Stevil 1 Michael Bay 0 ;) 

10. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Boom. There it is. However, with the raving reviews of quake wave, it don't think anyone can blame the fandom for having high (perhaps unrealistic?) hopes for scoria. He's still an awesome figure, but it's always frustrating when a figure comes so close to perfection and just misses the mark.

I'm certainly reconsidering my future spending. I really need to set some boundaries, even if it's setting a strict limit on the amount I can spend on one figure. £30 - 45 seems like a good amount.

I was thinking about selling my scoria, but it would cost about £25 to post via Royal Mail!! Can anyone suggest any good alternatives?

11. Sean the Bob

Sean the Bob Seeker

News Credits:
    Stevil, I have to come out of lurking to say that this is my absolute favourite Seeker custom I've ever seen. Hell, I think I might prefer it to G1 colours! (Please excuse the blasphemy...)

Great work :) 

12. mark_h

mark_h Well-Known Member

I would give parcel2go.com a go. I would guesstimate it would cost around 8 pounds

13. Willy My Wonka

Willy My Wonka Cannon Fodder

Is it that bad with Scoria ? Kinda puts me off buying one now.

I can pray and make as many sacrifices to the QC gods as I can, but I ALWAYS end up with the dud... rather not risk it to be honest.

14. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

I love Mania King, and have since day one. I even prefer the original colours (BURN THE HERETIC!)

The wrist thing honestly doesn't bother me in the slightest, and is entirely understandable given the transformation. I reckon any attempt to put a swivel in there would have resulted in an extremely weak wrist

Sorry to hear that you are having such a hard time with the TPs at the moment. I spent an hour shoring up a few with varnish and glue the other night, and the thought "I really shouldn't have to do this" was running through my mind too.

My Heavy Noisy seems to be OK; I opened it today, and he's pretty damned cool. I do, however, find that the sliding mechanism on the arms is way, way too tight, and I worry about breaking them.

Over the last day or so, I got all of my TP Autobots out and arranged them on the coffee table. While there are some fantastic bots there, I also spent some time messing with Gen Springer and Sandstorm. They are better than any of the TPs, and I don't for a moment regret what I am going to spend on Cloud Rodimus in a few months.

15. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    @stevil33 - Holy crap man, that custom is frikkin amazing. Just when I am feeling really annoyed with robots, you go and make me feel all super happy again. I love leader movie starscream and I would snap that bad boy up if it was on the shelves. Given the number of shoddy repaints of that mold you have to wonder why nobody at Hasbro or TT thought of it first. Top work dude.

Look, look I really do like leader starscream :) 

[​IMG]Hunt for the Decepticons Starscream

Anyways, here are a few shots from this evening. I took around 100 and only had the patience to process half a dozen. Scoria and Heavy Noisy really got to me this evening. What you can't see here is the modern miracle called Blu-Tac which is keeping Scoria's arms up :( 

[​IMG]FansToys Scoria

[​IMG]Masterpiece Grimlock And FansToys Scoria

Sure, this figure lacks paint apps and is a little plain but damn it's so jaunty.
    [​IMG]Age of Extinction EvasionMode Optimus Prime

I think Quakewave was a fluke to be honest. Sure, it's 50/50 so far but the next one will be the one to confirm FansToys reputation either way. Also I think MMC have been spoiling us because the quality of the FeralCons is so far above most other third parties offerings.

16. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    I would deffinately put Quakers up there with the best 3p figures out there and while my Scoria seems better than a lot out there I'm just not feeling it, but MMC do seem very consistent with their quality so far.

17. Bonty

Bonty Dipstick Tapedeck

Are you a member of the group? If not, you need to send a request at the top of the page and wait for approval.

I just did that, so have another well-deserved vote Steve, really crisp paint mate.

18. shade360

shade360 Well-Known Member

You can loosen the screws a quarter turn on the inside of the arms, that will make it easier.

19. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Steve, that is breathtaking. Joined the group and voted.

You're bringing that to next PubeCon, yes?

:) 

All the best
    Maz

20. stevil33

stevil33 Army of Wastemen

Instagram:
    Flickr:
    I don't think it worked, but don't worry about it, I just really appreciate you took the time to try mate regardless :thumb 
    The funny thing is that on the day I finished it I was perusing FB as one does and the competition details were on my feed saying it ends in 6hrs.
    I never planned to enter was just a coincidence so I thought why the hell not and chucked it in there!

Haha, thanks mate.

Truly flattering words mate, thanks dude.

Thanks Roboto, I'm properly over whelmed by the responses to be honest.
    Leader Starscreams a funny one, sometime I like him sometimes can't stand him, looking at your pic I like him again.
    Very sorry to hear about your toy woes, I think recent events have made everyone stop and think about what and how much we spend our money on.

On a positive note ace pics as always, the one with Scoria and Grimlock looks so bloody good.