The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bah, postie arrived with the Mass Effect trilogy but no Scoria. I'm now going to have to avoid this thread until tomorrow so that I'm not green with envy at all the Scorias arriving elsewhere. Huff.

I do like the look of that Hydrodrive Bumblebee... A shame you can only buy it with that giant hydrodrive thing though, he's pretty expensive.

2. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

WOOOOOOO!

I finally found the bloody arm! You guys wishing me luck helped, cheers.

I also found my Apple TV remote, which has been missing for weeks.

I'm jealous of all of these Scorias. Not because I want one, but because I can't buy any more, well, anything, any more. I miss parcels.

3. Maz

Maz Square One TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Not true, here's where I got mine :) 

Transformers Animated Japan Exclusive Jet Pack Bumble Bee Loose Takara Japan 653569415855 | eBay

$24 shipped, seller is a Mexican guy in Japan and I found out I have hung out with him at 2 BotCons and even have photos of us together, small world man. Great guy.

All the best
    Maz

4. ambitron

ambitron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You had me excited for a moment, there, as I thought you meant he had more for sale. :(  I'll keep an eye out for others loos, though, because he does look a fun figure, and I do like the Animated version of Bumblebee (and Prowl, for that matter).

Bah x2 - DPD just delivered a book for my wife, and the doorbell got my Scoria hopes up again. Must remember my age.

5. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard Sons of Unicron PTT

News Credits:
    Back from the good ol' USA. 10,000 miles round trip for five days is not recommended.

Still, Botcon was ace. Good to catch up with all the 3P companies, hassle IDW, caught the Hasbro panel, hung out with some amazing people, hit the parts parties, talked customs with Encline and ended up working for Captured Prey on their stall. Great time had all in all.

Still catching up on sleep, only grabbed maybe 20 hours over last week, then I'll post pictures of my small haul. When I do, Nellie gets the first guess as to why I've bought a third set of Victory Leo Sabre.

6. PandaGash

PandaGash Hairy Bot

You're a young(ish), fit(ish) man in the prime of his life - get on the streets and sell your body for robots. There's no shame in prostitution anymore, everybody's doing it. You know it makes sense.

7. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Great pics of not-Slag everyone! Unfortunately, I cannot compete with it all but I do have my cheap Generations Rhinox 'in transit' from Amazon.com - I iz excite!

@TB - your picture of MP-11 with Brawl and Vortex reminds me that I need to pull my finger out and get MP Starscream in to my collection quick-sharp. What a wonderful looking figure.

8. Killamarshan

Killamarshan Iacon Tourist

Spare Kidneys, hair, sperm, plasma ... the body presents many money making opportunities to enable the purchasing of toys.

Scoria looking very nice, especially in various displays. The long wait has taken a little ommph out of my enthusiasm though. Looking just as forward to my Generations Whirl at just a fraction of the price.

9. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Scoria in the house!!! First thought: crikey, the box is huge!!! It's like being a kid again!

10. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Still waiting on my Scoria, UPS are shit round here though, more than likely see it sometime this afternoon. If I'm lucky.

11. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    And I just got my Scoria through from Kapow :) 

12. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Just got him into Potato mode, and wow... I've always loved potato. Today my love is reaffirmed. This is where scoria is really at, absolutely beautiful. The dinobots have always been about the dino mode for me, and this is night on perfect. It can also do the "flying robot tricearatops" that I used to love as a kid.

The back panel is a little tricky to tab in, but I find that tabbing them in in a clockwise order helps (top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left).

Caesium salami sandwiches for lunch.

13. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Just finished Windblade #3... Still enjoying it. Now into MTMTE.

I think I may need to stay away from here for a while until the scoria stuff stops :) 

14. motorthing

motorthing Chilhampton St Peter War Memorial Society

News Credits:
    And I've won my bet with myself that somehow Scoria would appear last at Casa de Motor.

Trouble is I know if I pop down the road for twenty mins to do something superfluous like......feed myself/family, that's when the Planck/Post Office effect kicks in and a red card is helpfully left to memorialise all that is left of a parcel......that and the faint echo of mocking laughter carried upon a salted air.

I understand the plague-pit of absolute misery that is "waiting for a package sucks!!" And hate all of you.

And heavy Noisy too?

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. shade360

shade360 Well-Known Member

So many slags... like a night out in Stoke..

16. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    I got mine for £30 shipped MISB from Robotkingdom a few weeks ago. Great figure and the Jetpack is actually quite a fun accessory.

Bumblebee has horrible shoulder articulation though. Absolutely horrendous.

Good job he's gorgeous.

17. PandaGash

PandaGash Hairy Bot

Beryllium baloney for my lunch. At my desk. At work. Wondering if Mr Potato Slag is waiting for me in the bin at home.

If i get home tonight and there's no bin Slag waiting for me, you may have lost that bet.

I need to start working from home - there are no Slags here at work.

18. podleian

podleian Wreck and...have a kip

Hey, I'm neither young(ish) nor fit(ish) nor in the prime of anything, and I resent the implication! If I went man-whoring, I'd be sued for negligence.

TBH, money isn't the problem. It's insanity. I bought some stuff without any idea that I had done it, stone cold sober. Part of my ongoing nuttiness that I really don't like! I had to hand over control of all of my finances to someone else.

19. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    Well my Slag has arrived and what can I say, gold paint dripped onto the silver thigh and grey lower leg, both on the left leg, left leg ratchet is very weak and the left arm is a bit loose at the shoulder, considering how tight and good the ratchets were on Quakwave this was something I thought would be perfect. Apart from that though he's very big and impressive looking and very heavy. The sliding parts on one of Grimmy's boots is loose and floppy too.

20. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm starting to dread opening mine up :(