The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

If that's what AA is like these days it's good I haven't been for a while! It wasn't like that back in my day of going!

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    After AA 2013, Shockscream couldn't sit down for a week.

3. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Bicycles and barstools are still problematic to this day.

4. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    Only 2013? I refer to the realisation that I have more articulation in my hips than I thought I did. A revelation brought to me my Easterling Capt at my first AA in 2010 when he picked me up while dressed as Bumblebee and proceeded to, well, take me in a glorious, manly, and not unloving manner.

5. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    Just wait until after this year's AA. Shockscream will be legally dead after I'm done with him.

6. Erector

News Credits:
    Well, that descended quickly!

7. Brum Bot

Brum Bot You’re an idiot Starscream

News Credits:
    Yep, Aaron was responsible for my adult collecting getting underway back in the day. Bought some G1 re-issues off him, which then went to henkei stuff, binaltech and my MP01 was from xybertoys (no customs rapage in sight).

Always used to get a deal from him. It was really nice to see and catch up with him last year, its a shame he's not as active as he was.

8. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    You know there supposed to be a Megatron leader toy coming out is it a rumour backed by sources that he's a tank. or just wishful thinking as thinking about Rhinox (Voyager) and Rattrap(Deluxe) it got me wondering what if Leader Megatron is the Beast Wars version !

[If it was would Transmetal or Purple dino version be best ?]

That would be a terrific SDCC début I'd say.

9. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    I've developed Swede-blocking ninja skillz. They basically involve me doing what Multiple Miggs did to Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs, but I don't think you'll mind that too much.

Anyway... Yes, we really go for the toys. The people are secondary. (I might have got that the wrong way around.)

10. Scourge_151

Scourge_151 Never gargle the rum. TFW2005 Supporter

Mustn't make a rectal prolapse comment.

11. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's a tank.

And yes AA 2014 - the year shockscream becomes a man! Via Pete and jon

12. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    Who gets to be at which end though?

13. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

How many from this thread are going to AA? Really tempted to make an appearance...

14. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm there - as usual. Kinda part of the furniture now. Would be good to see some new faces as well as everyone I already know

15. Big_Daddy

Big_Daddy The. Balls. Will. Touch.

News Credits:
    I'm stronger this year. I will snap you in two before you even spot me. YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME.

16. doucoo

doucoo U're an idiot Starscream!

Ebay:
    I liked the version where he (Fett) actually blew it up and survived. I guess that version is no longer!

Fair point, think Bay and Lucas are in cahoots about destroying my childhood favourites?!

Aye, completed TFs, Mask & Thundercats. Still got them all somewhere.

Nice display

Yeah, me too. Loved the stickers and just made me want to see the cartoon more!

I just left the boxes as they were too. Opened up the toys and stickered them up very carefully, loved doing it. All the artwork and info pages stayed velcro-ed

Yeah, Epicheroes was really good but has got too expensive, only realised how much I was getting ripped off when I joined this forum.

Yeah, my thoughts too. I never collected it for the monetary value and the re-issues give others a chance to own as well as me being able to get hold of a brand new version to sticker and enjoy. Actually bought the Fort Max to give to my boy when he is older and if he likes TFs.

17. motorthing

motorthing Just the Toys Ma'am

News Credits:
    Well end to ending and likely rectal prolapse sound like SUCH strong selling points......

Considering The Ratrap wave have just been bummed too I'm not getting hopes up this year for stuff like Brainstorm or Whatever-Megatron that we haven't seen pics of ......the avalanche of Movie-fucktardery will probably do for anything worthwhile for a bit.

18. Erector

News Credits:
    I shall be at AA. Naturally.

19. Longwaysouth

Longwaysouth Wait, what?

Add me to the list of 'people who completed the G1 sticker album' - we are clearly better collectors than you. I still have mine as well.

Kronos looks good but I'm not a fan of the head, the shape looks a bit off and the grey they've used for his face is too dark, plus he's a bit on the steep side for me at 150 rabid badgers so I'll pass.

20. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime is on Rescuebots today if anyone wants to check it out.

------------

That is what I'm curious about - people keep saying "It's a Tank" but who said it first was it wangled out of Hasbro or some other source - or was the listing just Megatron and not alt mode is associated with it.

I'm not thinking it will be a T-Rex - I am however wondering if it will at least potentially be one of several other alt modes - and a tank isn't that precise it could be a made up tank or an M1 Tank or it could have an IDW Pattern or a Videogame design (that is one sexy looking design) or the G2 like design... or it could even be a Generations Movie Tank Megatron 2nd attempt or a War Within like Tank... or even a large Miner Megatron - the possibilities as large above an beyond "It's a Tank".

I favour the mobile phone games's tank design that is cool - nice tank and very G1 like robot mode - it's also just damn neat looking.

-------

Oh and George Lucas can go boil his head as he's now saying Luke is never married.

--------

I saw something some where where Boba Fett blows the bottom out of the Sarlak and walks out of the caves under the pit - which implies the Sarlak can move - which might make sense if it's got to find a lady Sarlaac and make baby Sarlaacs - unless it reproduces asexually or like a plant. or with little podlings that tunnel off like worms which could have made the tunnels Boba escapes in - I'm not bothered one jot by Boba Being alive - he's been alive for decades now and a live longer than the Star wars main movies were on screen by multiple periods of time. It's no more contentious than Sherlock Holmes coming back from the dead.

----------

I thought it was A For Autobot or A for Assembly - not A for Parliament style drunken man love ?