The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. TelexStar

TelexStar ...

You have a PM.

2. we_are_forest

we_are_forest I blame Powerglide

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    This made me laugh. Great picture! :lol 

Don't knock yourself. It looks really good.

Great job!

3. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    @Vanessa... bugger. I was hopong it wouldn't look that good so I wouldn't feel the need to strip out that chewed up screw in mine. But it does, and now I have to. Damn you. Damn you.

:p 

Seriously though, that does looks wicked... for a first time custom job involving pins that's pretty darn stellar.

4. TigerBlade

TigerBlade Prepare for extermination

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Agreed. Seeing it silver and gold actually has me tempted.....so should have been like this originally.

Stack is in the house! Need to paint his eyes (and feet eventually) although I will be getting that SXS accurate head. Just deciding whether to leave him movie blue or repaint him toy lighter blue.....decisions decisions....

[​IMG]

The best thing about this guy are his hands. Brilliant. Makes MP hands look really bad.

5. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    I really like the dark shade of blue

I wasn't bothered about the cab wheels, until I was just looking at that pic you posted with deep cover in the stack thread, now I can't unsee those rear cab wheels being too far inside.

6. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    TBH that blue looks better in hand than in pics. It's weird. I'm warming to it.

Entirely depends on MP22 as I'm planning a triple display with a repainted white MP10 too.

EDIT - I've literally just noticed that with the wheels this morning now you've mentioned it. It actually isn't that noticeable in hand.....well it wasn't for me! Looking at the pic though it is pretty much the only negative I'd give the figure along with it really should have an upper thigh swivel which would improve the wooden look somewhat. Weight, whilst you'd expect it to be heavier, isn't an issue and he is no waif. I didn't feel at any point that I'd break or snap anything. Transformation is smooth and intuitive. I really like him.....a solid Magnus and any fan of the character will be happy IMHO.

7. DECADER

DECADER Spicy boi

Ebay:
    Twitter:

Oh man that's cool, tracking info says my Stack should be here today too, I shall henceforth declare this Stack day.

MP hands really suck yeah, I wish they used standard balljoints so I could just swap them out for Gundam hands.

8. OptimushedPrune

OptimushedPrune Impressive Member

News Credits:
    So what's the quality on Stack like?

9. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Stack day it is!

Just edited a short paragraph above and wrote a few words in the Stack thread. In the collection:

[​IMG]

Size is absolutely fine for me. Being a car carrier means he should be a big bastard.

10. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Its a nice shade of blue, and I was always more of a fan of the colour they went with in the toon than on the toy.

The wheels are odd, and not a big issue, they just look off. Like you say though, its probably one of those things that stands out more in pictures.

Still looks like a great toy :) 

11. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Yeah, not loving that not-skullcruncher. It looks like a good figure in it's own right, but in terms of who it's meant to represent it's a disaster. It looks more like a shell-less snap trap. Obviously the main thing that seems to be wrong is the beast head, it's far too short. Not only that, but the bottom jaw should be pink. If FP's looks good I might (lol) bite, but this is a no.

Also, vanessa, that's a great custom. You should carry on, as it seems you've learned a lot from the experience.

Stack is showing up in UK homes? Great news. I actually think that Stack is looking better than the MP one at the moment. It's still not perfect, but looks like a great figure. I'll be watching the diaclone version closely as I really like the face-plate look.

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    There's nothing Wrong with Bling Swip Vanessa he looks terrific.

You can sometimes buff silver paint up though. if you wanted an actual chrome look try Allclad (not sure how you spell that) chrome silver airbrush paint.

It has got me wondering though what similar looking robot might benefit from red limbs and what Gold Swipe would look like with the white parts from Sideswipe.

Would adding more red to Sideswipe make him look weird - or if you added the red to sideswipe and then painted his car parts another colour would that work well?

Did anyone get any Repro Labels for MP Prowl - and if so was there any left overs on the sheet you didn't use ?

I'm especially interested in some sort of decal for the shoulder and for some Number plates.

13. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I the most diplomatic way possible, Stack vs MP-Magnus kinda tells me how far 3rd party have come and how far MP has fallen.

In the past any new MP mould was a 100% dead cert purchase, but now? Not really.

14. Rodentus prime

Rodentus prime Old Git

News Credits:
    Yeah, to be fair if Stack was a little less stylised and had a bit more torso width I'd probably go for him, it's a shame we can't see him and MP22 in hand, side by side to make a final decision. I guess if - when the Masterpiece arrives - he doesn't float my boat there will probably be people wanting to sell a Stack.

15. privatespoon

privatespoon Well-Known Member

Stack does look good but seeing his toes poking out make me think he's wearing a pair of flared trousers.

16. TigerBlade

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Yeah his feet would be better blue IMHO but it is what it is. I'd thoroughly recommend him :thumb 

EDIT - this may seem like a really easy question to answer but I'm not sure where to start. I'm wanting to get some old G1 comic covers blown up and put on canvas for my mancave......how would this be possible?

17. DECADER

DECADER Spicy boi

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    The citizen has arrived. This thing is amazing, photos don't convey the scale of it. For the curious, he's just shy of 14 inches tall. Quality's decent, he's lighter than you'd think but heavy enough to feel solid. Transformations intuitive (I didn't use the instructions, though had previously watched review videos), the part where his waist clips together looks scarily fragile but is actually pretty solid. Make sure you have some space to transform him by the way, he kind of flops around everywhere.

Love how tiny Trash Talk is to him :3
    [​IMG]

Looks good with his leader. Maybe a tad tall, but I like that, makes him more intimidating.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

18. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I am waiting for the Gobot repaint. They dont even need to change the name! Just take the head off, put eyes on his chest plate and paint him orange. Sid, get on that! I expect a free one for my time, and thats a bargain! :D 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Theres many online places where you can upload images and have them printed onto canvas and posted. All you'd need to do is get some hi-res scans of your favourite comic covers. You'd need to use a decent scanner mind and whack the resolution up.

20. scubaboy31

scubaboy31 Digital Gypsy

News Credits:
    Having MP fun.

[​IMG]
    Untitled by dan.ghile, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    Untitled by dan.ghile, on Flickr

Need Magnus to arrive to face off against Sixshot. And then die like a loser. December is way too far away!