The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Not good here. A lot of looting and burning of buildings about a mile from us. :-/

2. MrMark

MrMark Minifigure

News Credits:
    Yeah my sister lives quite close to the trouble as well. Just heard from her and she is staying indoors and watching it on TV.

3. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Yeah, stay safe chaps! If they're at your door, throw Armada figures at them from your top window!

Just finished my first round of voices for a TF fanfilm, always wanted to give it a go!

Oh, and Skyhammers weapon theft knows no bounds. Along with Topspins machine guns, Sideswipes rifle, he's just pilfered space case's Trident, and by lord is he looking mean!

4. simond

simond Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just found out that my work got evacuated just after 2pm, glad I have this week off work so I stay on the outskirts!

5. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Good grief; stay safe chaps!

Hopefully something drastic will come from all this & put fear back into these animals that blatantly have no respect for law & order. A little Marshal Law wouldn't go amiss..

6. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah but sadly if they're forced to instigate marshal law, we'll lose the Olympic Games. Or so they reckon....

That wouldn't be a shame tbh, had "we" not already sunk so much cash into the stadium and such

7. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    nah throw G1 figures instead (they're the closest things to bricks)

8. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Admittedly, the die cast in them will make for a much more damaging blow :p 

9. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I think the police are stuck between a rock and a hard place. Don't do enough, and they'll be accused of incompetence. Do too much, and they'll be accused of brutality and using excessive force.

10. Goldlock

News Credits:
    Ah yeah, good point.

Let's see if there's a repeat performance during the opening ceremony; most of these thugs are the type to try and ruin it if they thought they could.

It must be hell being a copper right now. If the army was still trained in riot protocol, they'd probably not have the same restraints...we can but dream!

11. MissingSea

MissingSea Well-Known Member

Aye be safe everyone, I'm lucky that I live out in the country. Though that said I still think all looters and rioters should be shot through the palm of their hands. That way it'll hurt like hell, but it'll also heal so we won't have to fork out incapacity benefits. Harsh I know, but I expect that some of those who've lost their homes and livelyhoods (sp?) would agree. I also hope that this doesn't affect AA for those who are going.

On a TF related note, has anyone here received their FP Thundershred yet. Now I've got my new bookshelf my 'con shelves are looking a bit bare.

12. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I got thundershred from tfsource last week. He is great but makes me want the other two even more now!

On another note anyone seen the IDW leadfoot head on calloways shapeways store? Anyways it's not for sale because the guy who had it designed commissioned me to paint it and not has sadly had to back out.

But hey if anyone wants to own a true one off custom then he will be for sale at AA!

Really can't wait to see what the dealers are selling this year as shops around here are selling anything but TFs in my area :( 

13. Brooticus

News Credits:
    I too live in the country, but I wish I was there to help with the cleanup. Those stupid, cowardly assholes.

14. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't understand, if something exists like that on Shapeways why not allow it to be on general sale after the commission is complete, and if it doesn't it just sits there as a tease.

I'm going to build a lightbox tomorrow I think, get some proper pictures taken of both my Rotorstorms for the custom thread and a picture review of the original :) 

Stay safe guys, just keep a big piece of diecast with you and you should be OK.

15. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Yaaaaaaaaay :) 

Bidding on Megs has begun. With 4 days to go I think that's promising. It was such a tough decision to let him go!

In other news, I never liked cities in the first place. They scare me.

16. Goldlock

News Credits:
    Lucky i'm in the middle of nowhere too; trees out the front window & fields out the back....gotta love Wales. :D 

17. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Anyone used one of these for pin removal? I'm sure I've seen people mention them here, I just don't know whether this particular model has a small enough head?

18. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I used to use something similar but just use a soldering iron these days.

I like cities, well, Lincoln, everything you could ever need in walking distance (TRU, supermarkets, model railway shops for custom supplies, Market for food, pubs and the like...) Lincoln is more like a great big town compared to most cities though.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  19. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Don't you just love it when you discover something you previously hadn't noticed on your figures? Noticed quite a few things thanks to insomnia tonight...

Leader Starscream and Generations Straxus both have heel spurs, I'd never noticed them on either figure before. Posing just got a hell of a lot easier, lol.

Also, HA human figures are the perfect size to ride atop Legends Ravage. Very cool.

Who was it that posted a pic of Backfire being used as a shoulder launcher on Leader Prime? Couldn't quite figure out how it was done, would love to see the pic again.

20. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its at the request of the person who orders the design made. It's so that person can have a head start but also so that the one who designs it can hear of any flaws and has time for changes to be made.

I also have the guzzle kit - runs and hides from rotorstorm :D 

I do believe they will become available soon though!