The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Drift

Drift Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There loooking for an excuse to be vileont cause they have nothinf better to do :) 

2. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    There IS NO EXCUSE. Don't like where you are in life? Get a job, educate yourself, and get on with it!

A suggestion I liked was, if they've really nothing better to do and no prospects, why not join the army? They want to be violent right? Perfect match!

Just been rooting through all my crap trying to locate energon stars (2/4, half way!), and I realise- I've got so many gameboy games and stuff that I just don't use or need. What the hell am I supposed to do with all this crap?

3. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    ... Back from the eBay! Holy cow. Yeah... perhaps I wont pick up any Starcom right now. I will need to dig out my old stuff instead. I wanted to get the Shadowbat and two Parasites.... but maybe not. I will seek satisfaction in Bakugan instead. They are cheaper.

Oh God no. Our armed forces are in a bad enough shape as it is. We really dont want to fast track them to turn out the US military by funnelling in 'da yoof'.

I will always remember a documentary that filmed outside a job centre. A load of guys were hanging outside drinking lager from a can. They were asked why they dont just pick vegetables, like the 'foreigners coming over and stealing our jobs' (sic) and responded that they couldnt be bothered and the pay was better signing on.

4. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The country could always use some more meat shields ;)  (pardon me if that's too dark for some of you, but honestly perhaps that's all they're good for?)

The welfare system needs a major reanalysis. None of this reducing payout crap. How abouts they actually scrap the current system, and replace it with one that works?

Just found a black bag full of boxed transformers. Wondered where the last few alts and Windcharger had gone!
    Quite surprised I haven't managed to sell this SDCC titanium Skywarp on as well.

5. deathsheadx

deathsheadx Well-Known Member

that just happens to be the three i've got, alas i'm missing pilots and one of the shadowbats guns, i'm going to look and see if i have an old one still around to replace it.

6. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

If they stated economy, it should have been sent 2nd class (under eBay definitions)

I posted a classics deluxe in a box that had room for 2 deluxes+bubblewrap yesterday, first class, for £2. If it was recorded (ie you had to sign for it) that would add on another 50p tops.

So yes, definately gouged.

FYI I took Megatron to be weighed up earlier, even with 48hour special delivery + insurance it only came to £8. People really take the piss with postage costs I'm afraid.

A deluxe in an appropriately-sized box shouldn't cost that much to post, even first class recorded. 'Standard Parcels' is for heavy items, so if they used that service they were still taking the piss. (If that's what you were getting at, ignore this. Hard to judge context on tinternets sometimes)

RIP, ghost page. You will be missed.

7. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    For now ;) 

Yeah that's me point boyo (I think :p  ). On a side night, I believe night_skyward has a Tracks for sale Bov. Might be worth a check.

Does no one have a junker/unloved Acid Storm hanging around? I expect Ramjet parts to be a pain to acquire, but Acid Storm? pfleh

8. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do you need a full figure or just parts?

Ebay postage,
    On the one hand I can see why people get angry about postage costs, but on the other I can't help feeling when you bid you're paying the auction and postage, you know how much you are paying total, either its too much and you shouldn't bid or its ok and who cares where that money is going.

There are real reasons that it can become a problem. If you're stupid enough to buy a 1p Predaking and pay £100 postage for it and then something happens and the seller only has to refund the 1p then thats bad, but again, the seller maybe scum for setting the auction up that way, but the buyer still chose to place the bid.

9. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Literally the only thing I need from Acid Storm are the fists and foot plates, though I'm happy to buy a whole junker if it makes it easier on the seller.

10. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    After seeing the state of London, it's looking more & more appealing!

By all accounts, there's been vigilantes trying to stop rioting in some areas. There's word of trouble kicking off here tonight...anyone got a handy militia they'd spare for the night? :wink: 

Back to Transformers, if there's a B&M Bargains shop anywhere near you, check them out, since they're stocking DOTM leaders for £29.99.

11. Metalhead

Metalhead hates things

Cheers, I'll check out my local one tomorrow. It'll be worth tripping through the chavs and crackheads that inhabit the place.

12. Goldlock

Goldlock and don't call me Shirley

News Credits:
    Yeah, someone told me the other day that they do toys, so I decided to take the risk...not much else in there though (except the chavs & crackheads :tongue: ).

13. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Cheers for the heads-up MB :) 

After a day of horrible driving (seriously people, use your friggin indicators!) it was nice to come back to some trade PMs.

Tracks, Skystalker and Dune Runner secured :) 

14. AllSpark Ferret

AllSpark Ferret hANDYman

News Credits:
    I posted a carded HFTD Terradive a couple of weeks ago, second class recorded post. It went in a box a couple of cm bigger than Terradive in each direction, with Terradive wrapped in bubblewrap and paper to pack the spaces. The weight was 350g and the cost was £2.93. Sending it recorded added £0.77 (£2.16 normal 2nd class.) I only charged £3 for postage and packaging and by the time you take into account the cost of the parceltape and bubblewrap, I made a loss on the postage & packaging. I'm not sure people realise just how expensive postage is now, especially since Royal Mail hiked the prices again in April. Sending it first class recorded would have been £3.25.

15. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Carded makes quite a big difference admittedly, because it pushes it into a higher 'packet' bracket. And of course there's nothing wrong with charging for the packaging itself.

I only get annoyed when the amount they charge you is disproportionate to the quality of packaging and shipment class.

16. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'll see what I have, I got all my classic junkers together the other day and was shocked how many there were. Should have something for you. You going to AA?

17. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Greatly appreciated mate! If you do drop me a PM with how much you want for the parts and shipping and such :D  Afraid not, while work's finished early I didn't arrange my budget to cover it since I didn't think I'd be free for it.

18. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Guys - stay safe.

<3

19. Master Blaster

Master Blaster Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You too big guy, I heard on the news over dinner that Manc's getting a bit roughed up too. Is it bad?

I can't believe the government are sat around uhming and ahing while this is all going on. Just get on with the baton rounds already!

EDIT:: Hurrah, the riot squads are finally getting to it! Just saw that clip on the news in Manc, lines of squaddies and attack dogs charging down the fleeing looters.

20. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed.
    To all those in London and any other city effected by the recent events, stay safe.