The UK Toy Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Boardwise, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Boardwise

Boardwise There are no strings on me Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like Soundwave. Never bothered with Cliffjumper.

Also, try and get the IGear head for Kup. Adds so much to him.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Has anyone recieved shipping confirmation for TFCC Cheetor and Ramjet?

3. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Word. Without it, he's simply a toy that's nice to play with. With it, he's one of the best things in the Generations line.

I'm disgusted to hear about Bigphil's GF getting abuse in-store. Really starting to see the worst in people. Just endured a massive forum battering (elsewhere) for suggesting something quite reasonable/harmless. I don't understand why people think they have the right to behave in such a way.

4. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The kup heads are insanely brilliant. Its odd how much it changes the whole figure

Im going to splurgw with my credit card tomorrow. So which 1 of these 3 should i buy...perfect effect not reflector, not ruble and frenzy or the not insecticons?

5. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I presume by 'not frenzy/rumble' you mean the shapeways jobbies? I'd give those a miss, terrible plastic IMO.

Insecticons all the way. I didn't even like them in G1 and I'm still fighting not to throw wonga at them.

Wasn't there some kind of press release for that little Megatron figure earlier today? The one that goes on Classics Starscream. For some reason can't find anything now - am particularly interested in the price.

6. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's because it's left over US stock that Hasbro UK has brought over.

7. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Finally got RTS Lugnut to transform, and I don't really like him that much. I've added him to my sales thread. Also, I literally just got an email from FunPub about shipping confirmation for Cheetor and Ramjet. Yipeeee!

8. BigPhill

BigPhill Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    It's been repackaged though, as the UPC on the card section inside the bubble matches the one on my UK Generations, but not the US ones.

9. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I blame the colour scheme they chose for Lugnut. He looks so much more impressive in purple and teal.

[​IMG]

10. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    No, i meant the perfect effect figures.

11. jstill

jstill Well-Known Member

i take it the ha jazz's that have been hitting toys r us over here are the american packaged ones the same as generations wave 3? thinking of picking one up, can anyone confirm. cheers guys

12. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I just got '84 Rally Bumblebee surprisingly neat actually has a few slight tweaks - I might see if I can dig something out and lend him a different head though.

Some of those logos' puzzle me though.
    Fly Omega Supreme, '84 (for 1984), S.T.A.R.S. (The mailaway offer catalogues of the 80's), the Letter 'G' Playskool gobots logo, The Minicon 'M' logo, Black Rock (For Comic character JB Blackrock), The Beast Machines Dinobots logo, & Maccadam's (It's an Energon Pub I think) I get the references for.
    But the Military rank like logo just above his back wheel I don't get. is it something lithonian or is it a Movie NEST logo or something like that ?
    Odd that they painted his face, door handles and fuel cap silver but didn't paint the car logos or the rear or front lights at all !
    It would have been nice if they'd have put something on his groinal numberplate too.
    I plan to paint him up a bit and i'm sure he'll look peachy when i'm done as that mould always looks cool painted up.

13. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The one that's like a S in a cog? If so that's Sumdac Systems' logo.

14. nellie131

nellie131 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I may have to buy the unwanted lugnut an see if I can make one look like rotorstorms! Anyone wanna sell mean cheap one? :D 

15. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    Ah Transformers;Animated - Oh that's why I wouldn't have known what that Sumdac Systems' logo was as I only ever saw the Pilot ep just the once a long time ago. Thanks for that.

So just one logo to get now then the one in front of the back wheel that looks a bit like a Military rank insignia?.

16. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

That, I believe, is a G2 Autobot reference, blue and yellow Sideswipe has one, too.

Also, go and watch Animated. All of it. Rub it in your face like you're a kid with a cake. It's lovely.

So, yeah, looks like the extra effort of cycling up to TRU Brent X after work at 9pm last night paid off - got a Kup and the last Scourge in the shop. I'm chuffed to bits.

Damn. If only we were getting Wheeljack, too.

How much is one of those CyGar-chomping Kup heads?

17. CyberShadow

CyberShadow Wheeljacks Lab

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    $12, shipped, direct from iGear..... I might be tempted to share a set with you....

18. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

They were $12 shipped from the iGear website, not sure if they still have any in stock.

Picked up DOTM Shockwave and Skyhammer from Tescos last night. The guy was just opening up the cases to re stock the shelves, when I noticed "WVE2 Voyager" on thside of the box, I nearly threw him out of the way.
    Shockwaves ok, but Skyhammer is lovely!

Saw 2 RTS Windchargers in Wilkinsons, almost bought them on instinct.

19. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Grabbed topspin from tesco today. Havent had a chance to look at him yet, but I'm REALLY looking forward to it! Dissapointment or delight? watch this space!

Also grabbed starscream and he's a neat little figure, but seriously, what is it with hasbro and their great aversion to giving Movie starscream any kind of wrist swivel???

20. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

I guess it's the lanky arms, probably some kind of stress issue. My recent experiments with articulation have given me a new-found respect for Hasbro's work (shock horror!). It must be a hell of a job selecting the right plastics for the different components - and sometimes what seems like it ought to work, simply doesn't. Pretty sure that's why they didn't give Windcharger a thigh swivel - the plastic simply can't hack it.

Which reminds me, Rotorstorm, you did get your parcel, right?

Quick apology - my PMs are backed up somewhat, due to constant hospitalisation. Am slowly getting back to everyone, but won't clear the list until post-solistice.